Recent content by calm force

1. the most useless mod ever...

Cool down, I believe he was joking. :???:

Your fervor is better invested in making mods anyway :cool:

Though he could really have used some punctuation or some other form of making it obvious.

tempering tempter

Maxim
  2. Russian or Ukranian please read this

Yatosche tut, tolko bes russkoy klaviaturi :wink:
  3. Tebrik Ederim

Language in order of preference: English, Russian, German, Spanish, French :roll:

Message: Tengo que admitir que mi espanol es muy mal, et me francais est horrible. A tak, nuschno sametit schto ya lublu etu igru. Ich freue mich auch das ein türkischer Entwickler so ein tolles Spiel gemacht hat! :smile: Ist das zweite gute türkische Spiel das ich kenne (Farcry ist das andere)
  4. Crazy Combinations

women with brooms

... you typical fantasy witches ...

who have discovered magic does not work in M&B but relish in the fact that they can have some serious whoopage crashing skulls with their

... not so magic ...

but heavy brooms (naturally they cheat and have leaden liners and mithril chainmail underneath their rags :wink:
  5. Crossbow or Bow

I like the crossbow.

Nothing beats riding in full gallop together with 15 other knights, and towards a similar group and just before the clash I shoot my 1! arrow at full speed into someones throat, then pull out my big axe or sword and crash into the enemy killing em left and right.

Crossbow has sniper style for me :grin: , bow feels more like a machinegun or a shotgun ... sorry if you consider comparison inapropriate.

With the crossbow I can bide my shot until its not only effective, but looks stylish too, and I have to switch back to close combat weapons in close combat. You don't have to do it with a bow if you have high athletics and powerdraw.

Bow seems to be almost overpowered at some level, my brother can kill swathes of enemies with his bowman alone with his bow ... in close combat! Dont even ask about the ones that have no shild or worse ... ride on horseback. He looks like a stationary machine gun post when he plays M&B.

Me, I like giving come cross bows to Marnid, Borcha and myself and kick some ass - with less effectiveness, but more style.
  6. Borcha & Marnid starting stats

I am wondering, Borchas and Marnids stats seem to be determined partly randomly. As I grow rather fond of the 2 I want them to be of maximum value to my party. This leads to having to reastart the game 10-15 times just so I can have B&M without useless stats like "prisoner management"...
  7. Short feature list & review of new Version (0.632)

amount of enemies now seems to scale with levels of your character did maybe it was already in, but I did not notice it in previous version... river pirates start out with groups of 4 but with higher levels its not unusual to find groups of > 20.
  8. Short feature list & review of new Version (0.632)

These are new features I have found already: - The tavern layout has changed - Bows and Thrown weaons now require their respective skill leveled up to use the advanced weapons - Combat System has changed into a much more dynamic one, now its possible to choose the kind of attack you want to...
  9. Introduction/Hello thread

corsacker, keep on topic :wink:

Me, I am a 24 year old guy from Russia, living in Germany. I enjoy Yoga, Martial Arts, Psychology, Philosophy, History and the occassional whack to the head of an enemy with a nice axe or sword
  10. Funny moments

refugees killing dark hunters is not that unusual for me ... I often order my men to hold, ride towards the dark hunters & knights and relieve them of their horses... then the peasants with their polearms come into play plink plink plink aaah *evilgrin*
  11. I don't get it, why you guys hyping this?

This game is great, period.

And yes, he might have been a troll, but he did a good thing.

It is rare and refreshing to see so many gamers speak out for such a lovely game as people have done in this thread.

And everything was reasonable and polite. Wonderful!

I want to bow before the developers too, what a great job done by two people. You really make me like being the boy I was in the 90s, when gaming was still about gameplay.

By the way, some of you have mentioned the need of a story. I believe it has to be implemented with care as a definite end to any adventure is a very strong turnoff of any gamer who likes non linear - freestyle games. Maybe a plot which would not make you "save the whole world" but some kind of subtle story ... maybe even several story branches chosen randomly or voluntarily.

Like:

- brother decado in search for his lost sister (with given stats for decado and development of story)

- hunter sister amazon in search of the "bow of rapture"

Add a free roaming mode with a lax time limit where your goal is to ramp up as many points possible like in crimsonland or pirates or "space rangers" (great russian game which somehow reminds me of this one, not in style but in substance)

Maxim
Back
Top Bottom