Recent content by Cabell

1. SP - General Place "Learned of Pregnancy" in the recent events section of NPC's Encyclopedia page.

I think it would be helpful if encyclopedia pages indicated whether a character is pregnant.
  2. SP - General Fight your way out when staying in a city that turns hostile

One of a thousand good ideas to make the game better. However, the problem I see with this is probability.
    First, you have to be in neutral territory for this to happen. Recently there's not many reason to be so. Trading (or finding rare material your peasants ask from you) is likely the only reason you ever go to non-friendly territory after becoming a vassal/king.
    Second, you have to be at peace which doesn't happen that often.
    Third, you have to be waiting in the city. I don't know if there's any reason to wait in a neutral settlement unless you want to get smiting stamina.
    I've been playing the game for several hundreds of hours and this happened to me only once.
    Good points - it's happened to me a few times because I tend wait a good bit in order to receive passive income from caravans/workshops and to increase the odds of new pregnancies.

I just wrote up a different suggestion for emissaries to be able to resolve issues that could lead to increases to companion/MC criminal ratings which could also lead to a fight-your-way-out scenario. Maybe this is a solution in search of a problem, but I think there could be other ways to use this mechanic. For instance, criminal notables could try to rob/kidnap you if you don't have a >10 relation score with them which could lead to something like the sandbox start from Warband.
  3. SP - General Allow Companion Emissaries to solve city/village issues based on their perks

I like the new emissary mechanic but think that it could be expanded to make it a more important mechanic. An emissary left in a city should have a chance to complete notable quests depending on their skills and whether they are a hired companion or a family member. Hired Companions should be...
  4. SP - General More control over companions and parties from Clan Menu

Hi - I really like the new ability to control party budget and AI. I'd like to suggest adding a few more options, primarily to caravans - 1) Caravans could have AI options related to profitability that are similar to Aggressive/Defensive/Neutral - a more aggressive caravan would seek out the...
  5. SP - General Fight your way out when staying in a city that turns hostile

Hi! I've been playing since launch and just can't stop playing. I've also been thinking about relatively small events that would add some variety to the game similar to the prison break mechanic. I suggest that when your party is waiting in a city that turns hostile due to an outbreak of war...
  6. SP - General Dedicate Tournament Win to a Noble/Notable in Town

How cool would it be after winning a tournament to get to dedicate it to a noble or notable in town.

Very cool is the answer.
  7. Modded 1.5.6 Older brother can’t be used to resolve issues or be assigned role in party

Thanks @Lord Drenth and @DujekY. Have either of you had any luck with your wife's brother getting pregnant? Can't tell if I'm just unlucky or if it's a bug.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer technical support for modded games and we need to be sure that mods aren't causing the problems. Check out our full statement regarding modding related issues. Could you please try removing all of your mods following the instructions on this article and update us if the problem persists? Thanks!

I followed the instructions and have the same issue.
  8. Modded 1.5.6 Older brother can’t be used to resolve issues or be assigned role in party

As the title says, I am unable to assign my adult brother to party roles and for alternate resolutions to quests/issues. I was able to successfully marry him off to a noble but have also yet to have his wife become pregnant despite them both being in my party and waiting in a town. I can’t tell...
  9. SP - Battles & Sieges Javelins should be more damaging to shields

Currently, a shield can withstand hits by several javelins. I've been able to block about 10 in a practice fight. I think a shield with more than 2 or 3 javelins should be unusable. Since a mechanic to simulate this unsusability is probably more trouble than it's worth, I think a shield should...
  10. How is the spoils of battles processed by the AI?

But I noticed that the cities remains with all the stuff that I sold them

I've noticed that it's only somethings that remain. I think all the spoils with modifiers disappear after being sold - or at least.
  11. In the new year TaleWorlds should put out a revised update about their plans and timings for the game

So the community really should be updated with new and revised plans for 2021 from TW.

Right?

I understand your frustration and have often shared it, but I'd rather they just keep working and not take the time to make a public-friendly release schedule which (I imagine) is more complicated than @Callum cranking out a forum post in 20 minutes. I have a backlog of other games to play a mile high anyway so I've been content to pop back in on Bannerlord with each patch and hotfix.

Also, given the kind of cynicism in the forums right now - which kind of just seems to be the direction computer gaming fandom is headed anyway - I can't really imagine what they could possibly say that wouldn't just piss off large chunks of "the community." A big mea culpa that they promised too much and are narrowing their focus to things they know they can get done by March? People will be foaming at the mouth accusing them of fraud and pasting Wikipedia article excerpts from the Uniform Commercial Code to support that. They say they're on track to deliver what they originally said would come out in March? People will call them liars. Some announcement in between these two extremes saying they will spend more time in EA and will deliver less than what they originally promised? We'll just see a mix of people calling them liars and frauds, and that does nothing but lower their morale.

Sure, not everyone on the forums will grab the digital equivalents of torches and pitchforks, but the loudest always get the most attention and the TW employees most active on the forums spending almost as much time responding to attacks and demands as they do suggestions and bug reports.
  12. SP - General High Tier Weapons and Armor as Ruler/Noble Quest Rewards

For the record I dont play with mods during EA.

A perfectly valid choice. I started playing with lots of mods because I didn't like the companion number limits and then experimented around after that. Since June though, I've tended to play it as close to vanilla as possible for the reasons you gave. My only mod now is one that gives full xp in tournaments and I just have that because I have strong feelings on the subject.

That said, mods can be useful as a way to test something out and I think can shape conversations about game features and dynamics by providing some datapoints on potential changes. I'm also paranoid about TW accidentally "shutting the door" on potential mods by making certain features unmoddable so I like that there's a mod community that's already active even though this means that playtesting an EA game with mods is problematic.
  13. Female Lords mod

Like while i understand why people feel they want to remove them (histoical point of view) this game at the end of the day is low level fanstay set in a non real world based on medieval times in which the devs whose game it decided to add female lords.

+1, I'm much more bothered by the inclusion of tartan kilts than I am by Mesui and Siga.
  14. High tier equipment as a goal for end game

Another way is to add more ways to get higher tier items :
    - arena fights
    - duel a lord for an item
    - steal items e.g. when sneaking into a town
    - items as quest rewards
    - items as presents for marriages
    - items as presents when joining a faction as a lord
    - bartering for items with NPC lords
    -items as payment being part of diplomacy, e.g. as part of a peace deal between factions
    - paying a craftsman to make an item
    - adapt looting scheme to include (lower quality but high tier) items from the player side as well as the opponent's side
    - make certain unique items of artifact level quality that are available under specific conditions: e.g. the equipment of the ruler of a faction becomes available when the player is in control of that factions capital. Take a look at how the sword of Khaine is implemented in Warhammer total war 2 - it is an exrtemely powerful item that changes hands when the wielder is defeated in battle. May even make for a casus belli :smile:

All great suggestions that would add depth.
  15. Who has only one faction's army?

That said maybe some soft limits could be applied, moral hits for very heterogeneous parties for example.

I'd like to see this. I don't think there should be a hard limit to recruiting across cultures but I think there should be some in-game benefits and detriments to this as modified by perks. We'd also need some more tangible benefits to high morale as well - party speed, how much they eat, that kind of thing.
Back
Top Bottom