Recent content by Butters

1. Butters

Resolved Fix the damn peace/tribute balance.

Meh, I like dumb AI's.
    Make me feel smarter.

I'm more wondering why this thread showed up on top of the list for me to post a stupid reply in when all the previous posts were months old.
    Doesn't make me feel smarter.
  2. Butters

Resolved Fix the damn peace/tribute balance.

I play on maxed out difficulty without exploting smithing or other exploits, and currently own half the map, have 30 parties under my command, am stronger than any other kingdom, and still happily pay the Khuzait 4000 denars per day for peace. I'm super nice to everyone, never behead any lord. My kingdom and my fiefs were rarely a target for anyone, because everyone loves me so damn much they don't really want war with me or burn down my villages.
    I never had a multi-front war until very recently. And when it happened, I immediately paid. Happily.
    Thing is: When I take a town from a kingdom, that's at least ~2500 denars less daily income ls for them, and more for me. That means I can immediately pay 2500 denars per day as tribute and we're still breaking even financially. I'm not making them richer. Capture 2 towns, and 'only' paying 4k tribute per day is a big financial win for me!

Think of it as anti-snowballing: If a kingdom has lost a town to you, then they're already down 2.5k per day in income to you - paying you another 2.5k per day for peace, or accepting the loss for a long time would be utterly silly for them, it makes their position and recovery worse when they're already losing. You'd be snowballing super hard.

So when all other kingdoms declare war on me, I immediately pay all but one of them the maximum price for peace - they can financially pretend they have an extra town, but when we go to war next time, their extra income will stop immediately - they cannot sustain the war - and I'll have the ground, the castles, the defender's advantage, the hundreds of free militias they have to waste their armies on to actually gain the assets back. They also have a much harder time keeping their lords on their side due to a lack of fiefs to assign. So getting paid for peace while having lost a fief, even if it's a financial win for them, results in a terrible, terrible strategic situation for them once the next war starts.

The remaining one gets crushed with all the might of my empire - my villages don't get raided in a multi-front-war, the conquered towns pay the tribute twofold, and I'm richer and mightier than ever before, while paying the others a meager tribute of a few thousand denars per day.

Payoff analysis goes roughly like this:

I have 30 parties and 20 towns
    Sturgia declared war, has 9 parties and 1 castle, and wants 1k per day for peace
    Battania declared war, has 21 parties and 1 town and wants 2.5k per day for peace
    Aserai declared war, has 40 parties and 20 towns and wants 4k per day for peace
    Khuzait declared war, has 50 parties and 24 towns and wants 4k per day for peace
    Western Empire declared war, has 15 parties and 6 towns and wants 2k per day for peace.

Continuing war with Sturgia can only earn me 1 castle, which is chump change. I have nothing to gain by fighting them, so I pay immediately.
    Continuing war with Battania can only earn me 1 town. Again, I have nothing to gain by fighting them versus how much it would cost me to wage war, so I pay immediately.
    Continuing war with Aserai or Kuzait each would be dicey since they're so powerful each. Much to gain, but it's not guaranteed that I'll actually realize those gains instead of just getting a hundred villages burnt down, so I pay immediately.
    Continuing war with the Western Empire would be certain victory for me due to overwhelming numbers, and if I capture their 6 wealthy towns each earning 3k/day income, that war would gain me 18k income per day - which is more than the 11.5k per day the other parties want as price for looking away and letting me grab those 6 towns. No risk, high reward - a reward that is lessened by the price the other kingdoms demand for looking away while the Western Empire disappears, but in the end, I come out stronger and richer than before. I pay a share of my gains instead of trying to fight a 5-front war and losing way more in income by burning villages and losing fiefs because I can't defend everywhere.
    And I won't be paying that share for long, because you know when the Western Empire is gone, those Aserai towns suddenly start looking very, very tasty....

All of this happened as described - everyone looked away, the Western Empire got gulped up into mine and ended up offering a lot of tribute for peace - which I of course denied, because what's 3k denars per day when you can get 3 towns with a combined income of 9k per day because you still have the upper hand? Meanwhile, the Aserai and the Khuzait got bored but... didn't want to give up all the tribute they got from me, so they went and fought and weakened each other, and now are ripe for the picking....and that's what the tribute bought me. 11.5k short-term tribute for 18k long-term income, one permanentely destroyed adversary, and two weakened remaining adversaries? A great trade!

In your case, Seonon is worth more than 2.3k tribute per day. Even if you pay that, you have decisively won the war, militarily and financially, and you can happily pay that, and Battania will not be likely to attack you in the time to come, and as soon as they do -> you have 2.3k more money in wartime, and they less. Getting 2.3k tribute from you is a terrible trade for them. Pay it and focus on taking the next town from someone else!

That the AI kingdoms always accept a tribute instead of declining and continueing to gang up and take fiefs is the really gamebreaking thing. Getting paid a tribute for peace when you could take land instead is a terrible, terrible trade, and the current prices are laughable for avoiding a multi-front war.

They declaring war together is a smart move. Them accepting a tribute for peace is a terrible, terrible move. The money is worth absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. I doesn't make them 'rich' at all, contrary, it puts them in a terrible strategic position for the forseeable future.
  3. Butters

Resolved All items in stash are lost if placed within immediately after taking the settlement

NP, made me curious. Here's the full reproduction, 1.5.7 beta, vanilla, using cheats on a new campaign.
    There's some interesting details in this, for example not all imprisoned lords get freed - only 5 out of 9 got freed in this test, and one of the freed stayed in the dungeon voluntarily...

I start a new campaign, activate cheats, teleport to Poros, declare a kingdom, summon an army, and declare war on everyone under the sun. Calradia never saw the great kingdom of "atrwg" coming!

The hordes of atrwg have overrun Poros! First ownership message appears on the right

The traditional governor selection process in the great kingdom of atrwg works like this: The High King runs into the local tavern, points a finger at the first wanderer he sees, yells loudly "IT'S ALL YOURS NOW!!!", and runs out of the tavern before anyone could answer. Congratulations, Kalata Longknife!

In the dungeon of Poros now reside 9 lords - two captured in the surprise-siege of Poros, seven others snatched from all over Calradia by the kingdom of atrwg's cheaty henchmen:

... the Stash was filled with riches....

...the wounded were given garrison duty...

... and the vote for ownership was eagerly awaited.:

After holding council with his imaginary friends / split personalities, the High King of atrwg fiercely denied wanting to become owner of Poros, but had to admit that there simply was no other choice:

As can be seen in the chat/message stream, the High-King celebrated the battle with himself over the ownership of the great city by immediately freeing 5 random prisoners. Upon inspection of the city in the aftermath of the High King's council with his split personalities, it turned out:

Kalata Longknife had left her post (but was still available for reassignment):

The wounded were still healing in the garrison:

Only five out of the original nine lords were still in the dungeon - but only four of them as prisoners. Zeno of the Southern Empire just kinda liked it there didn't want to leave anymore:

...and all the riches in the High King of atrwg's stash were gone:
  4. Butters

Resolved All items in stash are lost if placed within immediately after taking the settlement

Okay, just tried it. Can reproduce the issue.

I am Queen Lis and capture Gesorgios Castle.
    1. Immediately after capturing, I get the message "Settlement Owner Changed" subtitled: "New owner of Gesorgios Castle is Lis"
    2. I put items in the stash.
    3. I wait in the castle until the message to vote for the new owner of the castle appears: "Owner of Gesorgios Castle" subtitled ""Owner of Gesorgios Castle"
    4. The items in stash are still in the stash.
    5. I do the vote. After I have given the fief to myself in the vote, I get the exact same message as under point 1, "Settlement Owner Changed" subtitled: "New owner of Gesorgios Castle is Lis" again.
    6. The items in stash are now gone.
    So, previously placed items in stash disappear from stash upon granting a fief to yourself.
    It seems likely that that means that imprisoned lords also get automatically freed when granting a fief with enemy prisoners to another lord of the kingdom. That would explain quite a few 'stacks of 'X has been caught - X was released' messages I've been getting after those votes.
  5. Butters

Stashing elite troops in garrison

I can confirm that other lords can take your troops in the garrison inside their party.
    It doesn't happen too often, but if there's a war and other lords lose many men it's not hard to see them taking troops from every garrison.
    Never seen that happen in 1.5.7 beta.
    I'm usually stashing an even number of my top level troops in each fief (like, exactly 100 oathsworn) to see the rate of disappearance.
    I've got 27 npc lord parties in my kingdom, and we recently fought a 4-front-war and lost almost half of our territory, being essentially down to my fiefs on the frontline supplying everyone with fresh troops. Lots of lords down to nothing rebuilding their forces by draining all my recruits. The garrison numbers when I return are always still even 100's, and if not, I can find the exact difference in my Clan's parties when they've visited those towns.
  6. Butters

Stashing elite troops in garrison

Actually that's kind of the best purpose for Castles. Putting your elite troops in the garrison will significantly decrease their upkeep cost. Provided the Castellan has been upgraded. But even the base is a 10% upkeep reduction I believe.

9j8a423.jpg

Cities as fiefs on the other hand don't get that benefit (they have a number of different build options). They generally provide a substantial amount of tax income, which Castles do not.

Hmm did not know that. But then again I usually don't let clan parties roam too much.

Well, or it would be, if we were anywhere in the multiverse except Calradia.

You know, in the wondrous world of Calradia, there is a limited supply of farmers, but an unlimited supply of hair stylists. Every fief that is even only moderately well off will attract an evergrowing number of hair stylists, until the number of hair stylists consuming food exceeds the food production of the limited number of farmers. It almost seems as if the abundance of hair stylists in any settlement is what Calradians consider 'prosperity'.

And it's not like the gate guards are like
    "Guys, kids are starving in this settlement, we really can't let any more hair stylists in, so piss off or get stabbed!",
    they're more like
    "Oh, more people consuming food but not producing any, while the settlement we're meant to protect is out of food and starving? I see absolutely nothing wrong with that! Come on in! Here's my last apple, I kept it for my kid, but a good hair stylist is way more important!"

And it's not like the garrisons of Calradia are like
    "Hey, there's a food shortage, and we are the guys with all the heavy armor and weapons. Let's take the food for ourselves, protect the farmers supplying us and kill any and all starving hair stylists who want to steal any food!",
    they're more like
    "Oh my god the hair stylists are starving! We have sworn to protect the people of Calradia! We shall throw away our weapons and sacrifice ourselves so that the hair stylists can eat our dead bodies, while the farms are being burned down by invading lords because there's no more units in the castles to protect them!"

And it's not like the guards protecting the lady's stash are like
    "Hey, our lady, renown in all of the lands for her generocity and mercy, has stashed several ten thousand metric tons of the most luxurious foods of all of Calradia as well as a herd of several hundred livestock in there, maybe she'd be fine if we took some of that to survive the famine?",
    they're more like
    "We'd rather see this whole fief burnt to the ground before we'll let anyone take even one sack of grain!"
    (good lads they are!)

And it's not like at least the hair stylists are like
    "Hey, living in a tiny castle crammed with two thousand hair stylists and having to resort to cannibalism to survive ain't as great as we thought, maybe we should just move to the nearest town that is just half a day's march away that has thousands of empty homes for cheap rent and markets brimming with fresh food?",
    they're more like
    "The evil capitalist aristocracy of Calradia is keeping all the food for themselves! As soon as we've eaten enough of the militia and garrison to outnumber them, we shall rebel! As soon as all the evil capitalist elites are gone, the world will surely be a paradise abundant with food for everyone! Wait, why isn't there any food?! And why are we now surrounded by dozens of hostile lords in immediate vincinity who are burning down all the farms supplying this castle?! This wasn't what the little red book has told us would happen!"

And it's not like the lady of the land, upon returning from her crusades against the unstoppable Khuzait hordes to save the free world, is like
    "Oh, in the latest Update I've learned basic kingdom maangement, like telling the gate guard that they shall not let more people into the castle than the castle's food income can supply! Let me fix this!",
    she's more like
    "Oh, in the latest Update I've learned how to burn down fiefs! Let me fix this!" (evil smirk)

Calradia truly is a strange, strange land.
  7. Butters

I'm on 1.5.7 beta, and I cannot reproduce this...
    There is zero time between conquering a fief and getting the ownership message for me. It pops up immediately after conquering it. I fight or autoresolve the battle, grab prisoners, grab loot, then I'm inside the settlement and the ownership message immediately appears on the right - without any in-game-time elapsing or anything, before I can even click on anything. Same when one of my lords captures a settlement, the ownership message appears as soon as the settlement changes ownership -> immediately when it was conquered, before anyone could even enter it.

By the way, you don't need to 'spend time on a campaign' to get to that level when the in-game console exists....
    1. Remove the mods
    2. Start a new game
    3. Tell your bro to piss off and go save your siblings himself 'cos you're busy and couldn't stand them anyways
    4. When you're on the map, run to Poros. Stop outside it. Open the console
    5. enter config.cheat_mode 1
    6. enter campaign.create_player_kingdom
    7. enter campaign.add_influence 10000
    8. use your newfound influence over yourself to influence yourself to declare war on the southern kingdom. (This game is truly proof that the first and hardest part of coming to any decision is convincing yourself. I love it.)
    9. enter campaign.give_troops battanian_fian_champion 1000
    10. siege and conquer Poros by autoresolving. No need to build siege engines, you got 1000 fians!
    Tadaaa, a vanilla recreation of your situation. Doesn't take more than 5 minutes, really.

For me, ownership message appears immediately. Tested in existing modded campaign with a huge kingdom and no cheats as well as by this method. No delay to ownership message whatsoever.
  8. Butters

Major Crafted weapon exploit

Well, just to optimize your ruthless exploitation of yourself and aid you in completely ridding yourself of your own fun:

- make a second party (or multiple)
    - barter with the party leaders of your own clan's parties
    - gift them all your crafted javelins
    - watch their trade skill skyrocket as they sell them for you upon visiting the next town, without draining that town's budget
    - enjoy your hundreds of thousands of daily income as they pay you back the sell price of those 'gifted' javelins over time as 'party income'.

Or, ya know, just decide upon a "never sell or barter crafted items" playthrough and play a super fun and challenging game while still wielding a lovingly customized gilden sword worthy of kings and queens..

Or, if selling javelins is still too difficult because you still have to search for items in shops, open the console and enter "config.cheat_mode 1" and just grab everything you'll ever need off the global cheat inventory. Much easier than javelins, actually.

It's your choice, really. The beauty of a singleplayer sandbox.
  9. Butters

Resolved Visual glitch under soles of boots when holding a foot above a candle on a table in a vladian tavern

Your wish is my command.

engine_config.txt sent via uploader as instructed with thread URL and username. For good measure since it ain't too long, its full contents are also in the Spoiler tag below.

number_of_ragdolls = 3
    max_simultaneous_sound_event_count = 3
    invert_mouse = 0
    foliage_quality = 4
    decal_quality = 4
    texture_filtering = 2
    graphics_adapter = 0
    first_time = 0
    brightness_calibrated = 2
    texture_budget = 3
    texture_quality = 2
    show_framerate = 0
    max_framerate = 200
    cheat_mode = 0
    water_quality = 2
    display_width = 2560
    display_height = 1440
    display_mode = 1
    selected_monitor = 0
    force_vsync = 1
    enable_cloth_simulation = 1
    enable_flora_sway = 1
    shader_quality = 2
    postfx_dof = 0
    postfx_sssss = 1
    postfx_ssr = 1
    postfx_bloom = 1
    postfx_sunshafts = 1
    postfx_streaks = 0
    postfx_hexagon_vignette = 0
    postfx_vignette = 0
    postfx_grain = 0
    postfx_lens_flares = 0
    postfx_chromatic_aberration = 0
    postfx_motion_blur = 0
    tesselation = 1
    particle_quality = 2
    particle_detail = 2
    terrain_quality = 2
    shadowmap_type = 2
    shadowmap_filtering = 1
    shadowmap_resolution = 3
    disable_sound = 0
    sound_device = 0
    sound_output = 0
    enable_dynamic_resolution_scale = 0
    dynamic_resolution_fps_target = 60
    lighting_quality = 2
    antialiasing_technique = 0
    dlss_technique = 0
    environment_detail = 4
    character_detail = 2
    safely_exited = 1
    enable_controller_vibration = 1
    weapon_trail_amount = 1.0000
    display_refresh_rate = 59.0000
    master_volume = 1.0000
    music_volume = 1.0000
    sound_volume = 1.0000
    mouse_sensitivity_coefficient = 0.5000
    gamma = 2.2000
    sharpen_amount = 0.0000
    control_mouse_movement_y_scale = 1.5434
    control_mouse_movement_max_accumulation = 40.0000
    control_mouse_movement_accumulation_decay_speed = 100.0000
    brightness = 0.0000
    brightness_min = 0.0240
    brightness_max = 0.9970
    exposure_compensation = 0.2338
    resolution_scale = 100.0000
    antialiasing_technique = 0
    occlusion_technique = 0
  10. Butters

In Progress [1.5.6] ...these Vlandians are crazy!

Hiho,

since OP overwrote his save, I felt free to upload one (with this thread url in the first line). It's an 1.5.7b save.

In the save, 3 clans with juvenile (not-yet-18yo) crossdressers are favorited in the Encyclopedia:

Mattis of the Lonalion (Western Empire)

Admittedly, the extraverted choice of cothing might convincingly be a psychological issue.
    If you had an identical twin brother to whom your parents gave exactly the same name as you, what wouldn't you do to express your unique identity?

Dorion of the Sorados (Western Empire)

Fun fact: Dorion also has an identical twin called Mattis. Seems to be a really common name in the Empire. Like, really common.

Chandion of the Avlonos (Khuzait, but obviously an Imperial turncoat clan)

I also have lots of older saves from the campaign, so I time-travelled back via older saves, and Mattis of the Lonalion discovered his feminine side between age 12 and 14 (12-tunic, 14-dress). So if you need an older save to debug, shoot and I can upload that too.

Also while scanning through the younglings, this doesn't look quite fitting as well:
  11. Butters

Need More Info Flickering battlefield

Additional testing:

- I was wrong that it only happens in that one scene. I had it happen in a very similar looking scene. See screenshots.
    - The 'shadows' originate from nowhere. They don't correlate with a light source. They're perfectly parallel stripes. The flickering frequency is highly dependant on camera angle though.

- When I take a photo using BL's integrated photo mode, the shadow-stripes disappear for 1 second, then reappear. This enables to take perfectly identical images, one time with shadow-stripes, the second time without (just take a second shot suring the 1-second time window after the first was taken).

- When I attempted to use Windows integrated game video recording (Win+G), the shadow-stripes stopped flickering and stayed permanently on as long as the recording-overlay-UI was superimposed on the bannerlord window.
    I have some videos of the flickering via the 'record last 30 second' function tho. No youtube-account tho, and will only bother to make one if TW really totally needs more video.

Okay, now for the screenshots - there's usually two showing the same perspective, but one with the shadow-stripes and one without. It flickers between those two states as seen in OP's video.:

Player perspetive, no stripes:

Player perspective, stripes:

From above, no stripes:

From above, stripes:

Across mountains, no stripes:

Across mountains, stripes:

Different battle, daytime & sun position, no stripes:

Different battle, daytime & sun position, stripes:

The following shots were taken in the same scene as OP, but in nighttime, so the shadow-stripes were barely visible. So these are photoshopped images, with the black pixels overlaid on the image being the highly enhanced differences between the.two images (shadow/non-shadow versions):

So these stripes are independent of any light source, they are identical per map regardless of daytime. Their direction seems to perfectly align with repeating patterns of ground textures, so my guess would be that they are along one of the axes of the map coordinate.system.
    I could reliably fix it for the individual instance of the battle by changing the shadow options in the performance menu, switching dynamic shadows off and on again. The phenomenon will then reappear the next battle on an affected map.
  12. Butters

Need More Info Flickering battlefield

Experiencing this issue too.

Happens for me always & exclusively on precisely the battlefield scene you're showing in the video, not within any other scenes.
    In custom battle, I think the battlefield is called "battle_terrain_i (Plain)".

I cannot remember it happening in any other scene. I also could not reproduce it under any season/lighting conditions in custom battle at all, it only happens in campaign (there are different starting positions in campaign for armies on that battlefield tho).

Due to the way it looks, my suspicion always was that these are very long erroneous dynamic shadows.
    I just had the thing happen in campaign on that exact battlefield at nighttime (!!!). Consequently, the effect was very faint, but I tested some things:
    - The flickering also happens in Photo Mode, when no entities move.
    - The flickering also happens when the camera is not being moved, even though it seems to flicker less frequently.
    - The frequency of the flickering seems to differ depending on which direction you look. The presumed-shadows seem to 'originate' from somewhere behind the attackers' starting position. If you look towards where the origin of those shadows would be, the flickering seems significantly lessened. If the camera points away from where the imaginary origin point is, it flickers a lot.

I switched shadows in the options to 'static only', and the flickering presumed-to-be-shadows disappeared.
    Curiously, I switched the option back to 'static and dynamic' and the phenomenon did not reappear during the same battle.

Maybe that's a hint for the devs as to what it could be if you guys can reproduce that.

I'll try to grab some screenshots if it happens again on a sunny day, when its better visible.

Computer Specs:
    Windows 10 Professional x64
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 4GB (Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II 4GB)
    GPU Driver Version: 461.09
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570
    RAM: 16 GB DDR3-1600
    Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower
    Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD
  13. Butters

Resolved Visual glitch under soles of boots when holding a foot above a candle on a table in a vladian tavern

Dear Taleworlds, today, I must woefully report a hideous visual glitch in what certainly is one of the most-performed sequences of actions by players within the game of Bannerlord. Upon reading this report's title, you may have incredulously thought "That cannot be! We could not have missed...
  14. Butters

Resolved Information Regarding the Smithing crash

For me, any and all looter crashes I experienced seem to be completely solved/gone after the recent hotfix. Nice job!
  15. Butters

Resolved Information Regarding the Smithing crash

Happy to hear that you can reproduce it and nothing permament was broken in your save! (y)

N.tony for example already posted that workaround/cause already in another thread, just passing on the word:
Back
Top Bottom