Recent content by burenceto

1. Open Game won't start

There is the possibility that in the logs of the game you can find some information.
    Or did you already check on that?

In case there aren't any other logs, at least the rgl_log.txt which should be created each startup of the game in the main folder of the game (where you or Steam installed it).

If that does not give any information, maybe you could also have a problem with graphics drivers, in case they changed maybe since last time. Since at times people have had two graphics drivers installed, one with OpenGL and one without and sadly some games did pick the one without as main or the operating system.

This can happen when you have an Intel CPU and something like Intel HD Graphics along side a Nvidia Graphics card as an example, since some Intel CPUs also have a graphics interface built in (the ability to process graphics and act as a graphics card).

In case you dont know what the rgl_log says, you could post it here maybe or at least the parts with warnings and errors.
    And check for your graphics drivers and such things.

If that does not help or is not the case for you, maybe we still find a way why it does not work.

You could also search for the Warband folder in your Users Documents Folder and play around with the rgl_config.txt settings, since at times maybe that also can help with problems. Usually you should not have to do that, but at times it also fixed network problems for me with Warband servers and such things.

Usually this is also edited and read by the game on startup and when you change a few settings in the startup window (in case that does still show on for the Windows version of Warband (since it does not exist for the Linux version).
    But in the rgl_config.txt there are way more settings than the game menus allow you to make, but usually just necessary for tweaking or development (like when making mods or for special stuff or something).

(I once had a situation in which someone could not update any game through steam nor play them for the same reason and he also reinstalled Steam and so on, but no success. In the end, we manually had to remove some old or broken Registry entries (that thing where Windows stores some license keys, special settings and so on) and after all of that was done he could reinstall steam and update all games and all worked again. Even the Steam support noted that afterwards, since they also had no clue.)

So yeah, we will make it work on you Laptop! :smile:
    Hello, I've checked the log file and there is nothing in it it just says the game version. About the video cards and CPU I have a Ryzen processor and Nvidia card. I updated the drivers and reinstalled them to nothing happened. Still not launching the game. Checked the documents folder but Mount and Blade folder is empty.
  2. Open Game won't start

Check if OneDrive might be here the issue too:
    I uninstalled the app from the pc. Still not working.
  3. Open Game won't start

Hello guys, recently I decided to play Warband again. However, when I start the game from steam it says it's running for a while then it stops. I tried everything: removed one drive reinstalled the game, cleared steam cache, played with compatibility settings, removed appdata folder and...
Back
Top Bottom