Recent content by BugsyFTW

1. BugsyFTW

Resolved Party roles lost after a while

Summary: How to Reproduce: Assign some of your companies to party roles, after a while or reload of the game the roles are again unassigned. It becomes a hassle to check for it once in a while Have you used cheats and if so which: No
  2. BugsyFTW

New profile themes

this is kinda epic xD
  3. BugsyFTW

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Would be nice to be able to recruit elite troops from Castles. Right now they're so useless and nobody wants them, interesting to add a dynamic to it.
  4. BugsyFTW

Creating conversation on the world map

Well, i've figured out how to create a notification, the only thing i still haven't figured out it how to start a converstion on the world map. Any one knows how to do this ?
  5. BugsyFTW

Game Menu Mod Options

I would suggest you to download: dnSpy (https://github.com/dnSpy/dnSpy/releases). Then take a look at the source code of this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/612). From this you can pretty much gather the information you want to do this.
  6. BugsyFTW

Creating conversation on the world map

I've been looking into this, but i'm not sure. What i want is this: A notification to appear and if the player presses yes a conversation to start, same as you talk with the notables in town. Obviously with the answers i desire. Can anyone help me on this ?
  7. BugsyFTW

How to implement quests

There's already a tutorial thread on this:
  8. BugsyFTW

Tutorial Coding Creating a quest

@Gaktan i think SettlementEnteredEvent is a good option, but where can i get more options besides this one ?
  9. BugsyFTW

SP - Quests [Dynamic World Quest] - Use rebellions to create quests

+1!

If player is neutral(Not affiliated to any faction) the city could be the reward. Either as a vassal of the ruler you helped or as an independent king if you supported the rebel with the rebel clan as landless vassal. You obviouly join/takes over the war against the previous holder.

I think giving the town as a reward a bit too much. But if you're a vassal of the Kingdom of the town who is rebelling and you complete the quest, it's a good idea to give it to the player as a reward, but with negative impact on the previous holder(excluding the king obviously). This could be interesting.
  10. BugsyFTW

SP - Quests [Dynamic World Quest] - Use rebellions to create quests

I think the concept for Rebels very interesting and it's implementation good, however i see some missed opportunities in other areas, such as quests, there is a great potential to create dynamic world quest/event. I think the currently available quests are nice for the early game, but we need...
  11. BugsyFTW

Recruiting mercenary clan while have no money exploit

I don't know if you're still developing this part but i had an idea i'd like to share.

Whenever a mercenary doesn't get his pay, he should divert to the player asking for his money. Depending on your relationship with them, they could be aggressive or passive on how they ask for it. If you have a good charm level you could just tell them to wait a few days so that you can pay them back or any other excuses to maintain them on your side.
    Could also be nice, that if you fail all of it, he tried to attack you for the money. I believe that this could make it feel a bit more immersive, which for me is the biggest failure so far.
  12. BugsyFTW

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

I'm unable to assign my brother a role in the party. Is it supposed to be like this ?
  13. BugsyFTW

Can you move your troops at once in formation? (Grouping)

You can actually, instead of go to position you use the command Advance, i believe it's F1 -> then F4, that way when they move they retain their formation.
  14. BugsyFTW

Snowball Prevention

This is the problem. Once a lord loses a single battle, he needs money to recruit more troops, but the upkeep cost for his remaining troops means that he can't afford it. The lord who wins his first battle gains money in the form of loot, and can afford to replace losses. The winning lord then goes on to beat another weak lord who has lost a previous battle, taking whatever little bit that lord has left, and the situation just keeps getting more one-sided. Like a snowball rolling downhill, it can grow to massive size.

The solutions are to provide enough of a passive steady income for defeated lords to regain their original size after a couple of weeks, and NOT recruit past the point where they can afford to pay and feed their armies on that income. As it is, they just sit there until besieged, or are easy prey for routine bandits if they leave. A lord should be able to draw a FEW troops from his castle garrison, but should prioritize replacing them as soon as new recruits are found, rather than leaving the garrison depleted for more than a couple of days.

It would also help if nearby lords would come to the assistance of nearby castles under siege, provided that relations between the besieged and his neighbors is decent, rather than having the winner of a field battle then able to besiege the defeated lord, and nobody intervene. Once a faction reaches a significant size, the other factions should prioritize them as an enemy, making it increasingly difficult to "blob" too far beyond a faction's initial boundaries. Newly taken castles should require a decent garrison or risk being re-taken, slowing any snowballing when a garrison is created from the besieger's army and while replacements are recruited for that army. Villages and towns recently taken should have a risk of rebellion, where you have to go in with troops and suppress it by force, or have it revert back to its previous owners if left in rebellion for too long. Basically, if you take it, you should have to work to hold it until it accepts its new owner.

In any kind of "balanced" strategy game, you need "economies of scale", where it pays to grow because you simply have "more" than the next guy. The big tend to get bigger, at least until they don't. There are also "diseconomies of scale", where costs increase exponentially with size, as communications take longer, your troops have far more perimeter to cover, responsibilities in distant locations need to be delegated, leading to inefficiency and corruption, and you have competing centers of power and wealth competing and backstabbing within your realm. Push to hard and grow too large, and you're facing multiple hostile opponents ganging up to stop you, revolts from within, and reduced income due to inefficiencies. The trick is to make it beneficial to grow, but difficult to grow BIG, so expanding slightly isn't difficult, but it takes a tremendous effort and skill to conquer the entire map in spite of the increasing difficulty.

+1
  15. BugsyFTW

SP - General Suggestion for steamrolling problem (War targets)

I really like your ideas +1
Back
Top Bottom