Recent content by Brookesy

1. NW Commander Battle Plugins

Are there any plugins for commander battle that assist with gameplay, hosting, etc. Context; https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=23675.msg1066665#msg1066665 (Restarting) Please get back to me!
  2. We have damaged PW with our scripts.

_666_ said:
    Brookesy said:
    [...]

Bankwise, I want it more raw, not scripts. I'm going to have a custom map with a Bank run by players, like in the older days of PW. Run by Roleplaying Admins or Community Support, and the bank can be robbed by Outlaws - so RP guards are needed.

Trade is also a thing I want to establish. The map-maker I'm working with is making materials in 1 certain location each, and 1 Faction controlls the Mine to start, so they need to send trade carts to other cities.

Any other ideas?

Hah, bank robberies, reminds me of the good old times of "admin run banks", where people had to stand in line, then a bunch of outlaws showed up, started trying to rob people in line and mayhem ensued.. It was especially delightful on servers where outlaws had KoS, on good days about 10% of those who came to bank survived.  :iamamoron:

That's what I want to bring back, it would be hilariously fun for all!
  3. We have damaged PW with our scripts.

Gishank said:
    By "unique", I am referring to a server doing something that hasn't been done a dozen times over. Of course it's up to you to figure out something to make your server unique and set it aside from all the others (lack of scripts and a generic ruleset isn't enough given how many times it has been done before)

@_666_;
    Where there is demand there will always be supply, though I genuinely would prefer to see a successful server rise that has no reliance on a scriptset. Yet I simply do not see that happening unless the mentality of the playerbase changes significantly, or said server offers something truly unique as mentioned above :smile:

Bankwise, I want it more raw, not scripts. I'm going to have a custom map with a Bank run by players, like in the older days of PW. Run by Roleplaying Admins or Community Support, and the bank can be robbed by Outlaws - so RP guards are needed.

Trade is also a thing I want to establish. The map-maker I'm working with is making materials in 1 certain location each, and 1 Faction controlls the Mine to start, so they need to send trade carts to other cities.

Any other ideas?
  4. [NEW SERVER] Swords and Shields, Original PW Server *NO SCRIPTS*

inter17 said:
    Hey im willing to help scene edit with you guys im fairly quick at creating them.

Contact me via steam (My profile link on the thread).

I'd be happy to take on your services, I need a map that fits the needs of this unscripted server.
  5. We have damaged PW with our scripts.

Gishank said:
    The reality is scripts have become a standardised addition to the PW module. Whether or not overall the scriptsets are harmful to the module is unfortunately rather irrelevant due to this. For a server to survive without scripts it needs to offer something truly unique to players. :wink:

What do you mean by unique?
  6. Announcement of new PW server (Not official Thread)

Operatic Ocelot said:
    NA or EU?

EU
  7. [NEW SERVER] Swords and Shields, Original PW Server *NO SCRIPTS*

Thanks for the feedback, it helps alot.
    I thought that reducing the amount of money lost in logout is good, opinions?

The server is unlikely to get a lot of members, with all else failing in a couple of months, I might just make PW events instead.
  8. We have damaged PW with our scripts.

I'm getting good and bad feedback from players on the server, e.g

"It's more of a free roam server, players have freedom now"

"No more tincans?"

"Ew, no banks, no scripts, this is bad. *Player leaves*

How should I take the criticism?
  9. We have damaged PW with our scripts.

So is anyone going to come play on my server? It's vanilla like everyone has claimed to want.

Forum: www.movpw.boards.net
    Server: MOV_Swords_Shields
    Server hoster: Men of Valor Gaming
  10. [NEW SERVER] Swords and Shields, Original PW Server *NO SCRIPTS*

Ra'Jiska said:
    Good luck with your server.

I support the idea of a few rules, however, the admin role will be VERY important.
    Make sure your admins know what they are doing and that they can react correctly in any circumstance.
    In addition the relation with your player base should be a priority. A player listened to is a happy player.

Also, just out of curiosity, do you run your server on a box/vps ?
    If yes, would you mind sharing its specifications ?

Men of Valor Gaming run my server, as well as loads of others. Add me on steam if you want to talk about it.
  11. We have damaged PW with our scripts.

Well, my server is now up: MOV_Swords_and_Shields

It's got no scripts at all, vanilla PW, and I need a good map to play on.

Suggestions + Download links?
  12. [NEW SERVER] Swords and Shields, Original PW Server *NO SCRIPTS*

AleksanderTheGreat said:
    Just use Nobodies example and add following rules:

- Use Common sense

- Administrators may determined what is Randoming (Rulebreak) and what is not.

That is the only way Nobodies "little ruleset" can survive on a server.

Also in the old days, PW was still in the making, so there was not much to abuse, and since it got more detailed, there is plenty more chances to cheat legitimately by the rules.

I'm rewriting the rules in that format.
  13. [NEW SERVER] Swords and Shields, Original PW Server *NO SCRIPTS*

The Bowman said:
    Yes, a simple ruleset is indeed the way to go. Maybe you haven't played in the old days, but we had very popular servers which survived really well with just 3-4 vital rules. The key is just to have good admins. For the start, I recommend you to not, under any circumstances, recruit admins by announcements or forum contests. You'd just end up with a team full of half-brained morons. It's much better to ask the veterans if they wish to offer their services. For this to happen, you need to show trust and maturity. Otherwise, it won't happen. I'm still hoping that this will have a future.

Well, if any veterans offer their services, I'll gladly take them!
  14. [NEW SERVER] Swords and Shields, Original PW Server *NO SCRIPTS*

Splintert said:
    If you define every circumstance with a paragraph you're going to have just as many loopholes except they're harder to find for your staff.

What needs to happen is generalization of circumstances, where you can create a template for a variety of player interactions and have a rule to guide it, then allow your staff to apply that template to real life circumstances. Just like real law. For example, you could say "Do not kill a player without hostile interaction first." This rule covers literally every possible reason to kill without defining any of them strictly. Your staff would be required to examine the evidence and determine if there was hostile interaction between the 2 involved parties before the kill was made, and if not, it broke this rule.

A similar ideology can be applied to any possibility in the game, and you'll end up with a much shorter ruleset with very little to no loopholes. The key, however, is only recruiting staff with at least half a brain so they can apply the templates to the real life circumstance consistently and efficiently.

I need people like you two in my admin team XD I'm still deciding on the rules, these suggestions are great guys!
Back
Top Bottom