Recent content by BrokenFang

1. BrokenFang

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Missed opportunities on historical context

While i understood your point and have both 1257ad and Viking Conquest as my favorite mods for warband for the historical setting i kinda disagree with you.

Not everything needs to be "educational", we've played through Europe's map in a hundred different games and sometimes a fantasy setting adds alot to something, in the case of M&B is that it allows plausible anachronism since Calradic cultures while similar to RL ones evolved different and have their own unique twists by their lore.

For example, in a historical setting like Viking Conquest the unit roster is very limited and cultural differences are minimal because these people shared lots of similar equipments and tactics like cores of spearmen, skirmishers, scouting cavalry, elite household warriors forming a first line of heavy infantry etc, that's also why the 1257ad devs made cultures shared between many kingdoms like western european, baltic etc, they were too similar to justify the work of making separated troop trees for each of them.

In the anachronistic setting of Calradia it allows a greater range of equipment and inspiration from a broader era, they have falxmen for example that were used in antiquity fighting early medieval knights, something that didn't happened in real-life, they managed to place a norman-like faction at the same time of a "crisis of the third century" inspired event in the imperial civil war, these wouldn't be possible in a historical setting, you would need to pick a date and then mold the map on the events that really happened there.
    Wow, well-written counterargument. All four of the one I've enjoyed reading the most. For me personally subconsciously memorize all these fake names that have no relevance and just filled my head with white noise. And I think one of the best litmus test or if the game need something that there's a mod for it and how popular that mod is oh, it's pretty obvious if a mod gets 1.9 million downloads it should be refined incorporated into the game at some extent. But what I've really gotten out of this conversation is that the map is really lackluster and maybe my desire for it to be realistic, is the fact that the map isn't adequate and its original setting. That seems to be the majority of the consensus here. It just seems like there's a bunch of Miss opportunity to incorporate thousand years of History with little nuggets of information. But I had yet to seen a good map mod that is not bugged out or has issues oh, but I think this conversation shows that they need to go back and do a rework on the map
  2. BrokenFang

Thanks for taking the time to write the post, I understand that it is a fictional world. But my point is is kind of a waste it's perpetuating the white noise it doesn't actually benefit anybody, they use a real world map player base might actually learn some geography and some names of real-world castles maybe even motivate some individuals to go visit those ancient sites. It's entirely a waste they're putting man-hours into creating fluff and white noise which doesn't benefit anybody. They could actually shift to historical context and it would greatly benefit the player base and their General intellect
  3. BrokenFang

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Missed opportunities on historical context I did up a video disusing the Missed opportunities of not using a real world map more Historical Context both talked about in my video and
  4. BrokenFang

Keeps need a Bank/Vault to store items

the Keep does not have a Stash only the castle
  5. BrokenFang

Keeps need a Bank/Vault to store items

Keeps need a Bank/Vault to store items and to reduce wight on party moving around map. there would be an upgrade path
Back
Top Bottom