Recent content by Brandon

1. Brandon

SP - General - Where doest thy Loyalty lie?

I don't spend too much time managing things life this in the game currently so I guess I can't speak too much about how in deep these systems feel. However, something like this would definitely get me wanting to spend more time managing this. It's would be an interesting addition and a good way to bring more potential conflict to the game.
  2. Brandon

SP - Scenes Tournament Finals Cutscene and Option to Skip Cutscene

Adding more cutscenes for several things in the game would make it more immersive in my opinion. However, I have no idea how hard this one be to implement. A few things I can think of for additional cutscenes would be coronation, marriage, swearing fealty, pre-battle/post battle cut scenes.

@GG Cannon if you haven't noticed I am going through your compilation list haha. Sorry for flooding you with notifications but I never really had the chance to scroll through the various topics on your compilation list. 2 young kids keep me busy!
  3. Brandon

SP - World Map Smaller makes bigger? Size and Models randomized variations.

Yeah I thought this was a really awesome idea as well. I am no programmer but it seems like it would be a simple thing to make the world feel bigger and more realistic. Thanks idea @Klopkr and thanks for fleshing it out with details @GG Cannon!
  4. Brandon

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Duels, Wars, Strife and Rivalries

I'm not sure how I overlooked this thread, but I love the idea of an overhaul on the relations system especially the idea that it could create rivalries, wars, strife and duels. Well thought out with the details too!
  5. Brandon

SP - Quests Main Story Line needs Antagonist/Protagonist and reason(s) to choose a Kingdom.

+1 Great idea man! This would certainly make the main quest more interesting!
  6. Brandon

SP - General Suggestions to make the world feel more alive

I think they could really easily make the game world feel bigger by just shrinking all the game models on the map by maybe 50 to 75% and make movement for everything slower across the board. It should take an in game month to cross the map.

Having said that I think there should be much much more villages keep the map from being too empty. Some regions should be particularly dense and others particularly empty.

I never thought of the idea of just shrinking the game models, that is a great idea! I agree to that there should be a varying degree of density across regions. Everywhere in the world feels the same right now.
  7. Brandon

SP - General Suggestions to make the world feel more alive

Lots of different ideas in OP, but I agree that the rebellion / insurrection mechanics (bottom up peasant revolts, noble level defections and secessions, etc) are undercooked and would add a lot to the gameplay / immersion.

In particular, nobles should be able to conspire together and secede together to form same culture new kingdoms. It would be interesting, and it would help w snowballing.

Agreed. Rebellion/insurrection mechanics would certainly make the Kingdoms feel more realistic and give that high level of turmoil that is appropriate for the era.
  8. Brandon

SP Top Suggestions

? Announcement ?

We will be splitting the Top Feedbacks into two separate lists.
    Top Activity will feature threads that reach 30+ organic non-spam replies and 500 views OR 50+ voters on that thread's poll.
    Top Curated will feature threads chosen either by the community notables or the moderation team.

You can now formally suggest threads or request a review by leaving a reply in this thread using the template below:

GG Cannon I am excited to see you will have more of an active role on this forum now! You've had plenty of great input and I think you will bring a lot of great information forward to the Taleworlds team! If possible could you take another look at the post I made on this thread on April 25th which linked to several other posts about politics and dynastic mechanics? I know you and I discussed this before and I believe we agree that this game would greatly benefit from deeper politcal/dynastic mechanics. Thank you for the work you put in and congrats!
  9. Brandon

Become King of an existing faction?

This is one of the primary features I want to see. I would love to work my way up through a faction and eventually become the leader of it. It would be awesome to be able to marry your way into royalty too, having one of your heirs eventually take the throne.
  10. Brandon

SP - General Stop Suggesting New Features.

This sub-forum is specifically for feedback and suggestions, they do have a forum for bug fixes. It’s clear bug fixes and balancing is what is most important to you but please understand not everyone shares that opinion. I’ve certainly ran into some bugs, some that have even ruined a whole play through for me but bugs aren’t the main thing that is preventing me from enjoying the game. The main thing that is preventing me from enjoying the game is a lack of substance and features. The game right now feels like an endless cycle of “recruit, battle/siege, conquer, repeat” without anything else to do. For me, that got pretty boring after a short period of time. Therefore the most important thing to me is new features... this doesn’t mean I am going to tell you to stop posting about bug and balance issues just because it isn’t a priority to me.
  11. Brandon

SP Top Suggestions

If I can make a suggestion on this compilation list, it would be to make sure major topics are represented with links to 2 or 3 threads if they exist, regardless if they reach the current minimum activity criteria. For an example the topics, politics and diplomacy, do not appear once in this compilation list despite the fact that a simple query on the terms “politics” or “diplomacy” brings up a lot of results and is something people are clearly looking for. There is also minimal reference to dynasty mechanics, with only one link to thread asking if the dynasty system was going to make it into EA and contributors to that thread eventually devolving into a discussion about what game engine is being used… As I read through the threads Dynasty mechanics seems to be a primary desire for many of us here and it doesn’t seem to really be represent well at all in this compilation thread so that is a bit worrisome.

Here is a list of major topics that I noticed that are missing or under-represented in this compilation list:

• Politics
    • Dynasty System, Succession
    • Diplomacy
    • Unique wars – Rebellions, Coups, Invasions
    The first 3 at least should be considered major topics because they are core mechanics of the game that currently seem extremely bare-bones and empty.

Please understand this isn't harsh criticism of you guys, I can't imagine how hard it is to manage all of this feedback, this is just a suggestion that I believe would be helpful.
  12. Brandon

SP Top Suggestions

What are the minimum activity standards? There are some links posted above that have some pretty great details and suggestions and I am surprised that they didn’t make the list.
  13. Brandon

SP Top Suggestions

Besides that post you tagged, I also made one about marrying just about any NPC in the game, even townspeople and villager peasants which I also feel falls into this category.

I believe everyone currently wishes for more fleshed out relationships, diplomacy, politics, marriage, dynasty, succession and human interactions.
    If this is approached correctly, a game could even be extended indefinitely with infinite game time.
    You could unite a kingdom, grow old, start playing as one of your children or a completely different person in the world, the king(previous you) dies, succession battles begin, the kingdom is broken apart, smaller factions and foreigners come and start to take fiefs, everything starts all over again with all the king's sons and daughters fighting together and against foreigners.

If TW approaches this just right, they can create the most epic game ever in a matter of being possible to play it forever and always having something to do to enjoy yourself with a never ending story of several lineages or following a single bloodline forever.

I also believe TW is listening closely to us on this topic and considering quite heavily the impact this can and will have in the game and the depth of the world within the game, so that now is precisely the time for us to make some noise, suggest and comment what we want, what we expect and what we believe to be feasible and within reach while it is still being dilapidated.

Well said. I completely agree. For me dynastic politics is the number 1 feature I'd like to see included in the game, obviously this would involve fleshed out politics, dynasty building mechanism, succession, marriage, relationships and diplomacy. I also agree that including these type of features in the game would take the game to a whole new level, making it a ground breaking game and extremely unique. It could really set up the franchise for a huge success. Taking it a step further by adding in features like rebellions, succession wars, coups, plots, or even foreign invasions and this game could have an infinite game time, a true sandbox world you could enter and never get bored in. This would easily become my favorite game and the number one suggestion I give to any of my friends looking for a new game to play.

Some of the posts above have threads that reach our minimum activity standards, I'll add them tomorrow.

Thank you for your time!
  14. Brandon

SP Top Suggestions

Throughout a lot of threads here I am seeing a common desire for deeper political/dynasty mechanics (ex: marriage, succession, dynastic management, nobility ranks, revolts/coups, internal kingdom conflicts/politics) and I don't see these things linked in this list. I went through and found a few examples below. I'm not sure if this should be all listed in one overall category as politics/dynasty mechanism or if it should be broken up into separate groups so I did my best to try and label the topics discussed in each post.

Revolts, Internal Politics - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...y-and-military-alliances.415148/#post-9366336

Internal Politics - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/internal-politics.412821/

Nobility Rankings / Internal Politics - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/nobility-titles-politics.405366/

Marriage - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-life-and-progeny-overhaul-suggestion.419080/

Marriage, Coups/Revolts, Assassinations, Internal Politics - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ons-to-make-the-world-feel-more-alive.417519/

Marriage, Succession, Internal Politics, Coups - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-romance-stuff-extended-v1-1-22-04-20.418454/

Marriage, Dynastic Management, Succession, Internal Politics - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/complaints-and-suggestions.412252/

Succession, Internal Politics - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ons-by-different-succession-mechanics.402297/

Dynasty Management - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/for-dev-dynasties-families-in-ea.395893/

Marriage, Dynasty Management, Internal Politics - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...and-a-long-haul-campaign.410712/#post-9353805

Marriage, Succession, Internal Politics - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/succession.412798/
  15. Brandon

SP - General Marriageable Freedom, Romancing, Courtship, and Family: a complete love-life and progeny overhaul suggestion

I would really love to see marriage have a larger impact on power dynamics. Marriages that build power dynasties, marriages that form powerful alliances, etc. When I think of marriages in the native setting these are the type of things that come to mind.
Back
Top Bottom