Recent content by Boiled Ice

1. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Vadermath said:
    Hooooly crap, I just realized I didn't even turn on the HDR thingy. And then I did, and then I was all...wow.

Wow.

It's probably covered somewhere else but my search couldn't find it.  How do I turn HDR on?
  2. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

When I rescue Rivendell faction prisoners I can't recruit them into my party.  Instead, the come up as MY prisoners.  The best I can do is sell them back to Rivendell for some respect.

I'm playing as a Dwarf.

May be linked to the same reason why when talking to an elven host, you don't go into conversation, but the pre battle page.
  3. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Been playing for about four hours with no hicups.

Just trying to work out how to set up my party.  I'm playing as a dwarf.  Leaning towards the bulk of my party being dwarven axe/spearmen with some archers from Dale to back them up. 

I haven't checked but I'm guessing the eleven units, while more skilled, will be more expensive.  Maybe later on in the game I'll recruit some elves.

Also, are all the items meant to be pretty average?  I'm finding it hard to find a decent twohanded war axe as a dwarf or any real decent armour either.

4. M&B 1.011 and Windows 7 - solution for crashes

Swyter said:
    Thanks GetAssista, the other day I also uploaded it to the Mount&Blade's Mod DB page, which provides lots of extra mirrors:
    Code:
    [url=http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version][color=navy]>> http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version[/color][/url]

I downloaded the file from this link.  It's called mountandblade_1.011_enhanced_setup but it's a 3.9MB file.  I thought the enhanced file was 2mb.
  5. Lot of questions - Knighthood Order and other stuff

If I may just hijack this thread.  Is it possible to give castles and towns to Lords?  If so, how do I do it?  I'm used to playing SoD where you talk to a chancellor who distrubutes fiefs accordingly.
  6. Small Army Size

Thanks guys.

Yeah I read the wiki a lot.  Still a lot of things to learn though.
  7. Small Army Size

I know it's a simple question but is it normal to have such a small party size?  In other mods I usually get to 400 odd renown with 5 leadership and that's enough because I have an army limit of almost 200.  But in PoP I can only have about 55 troops. Is this just to make the Mod harder?  At...
  8. Religion - In Game

Cyclohexane said:
    Boiled Ice said:
    I don't know if religion even makes much of a difference with faith troops now either.  Before 4.5C you would get faith troops though a random message which came about because you had the combination of top tier nobles and good religion.  Now you get faith troops like you get any other troop.  By your top tier nobles just fighting some battles and getting enough xp.  You upgrade them with your marshal like normal troops.

That is a bug that was fixed and I re-introduced it by using an older version of code.  I got to spend some time on it last night and I think I have figured out how to add in the Legion nobles into the parties.  The Legion will be more challenging with thier nobles (older version completely left them out).  They are not faith troops, but they are very strong.

So faith troop upgrades will be back to the random event in 4.57?

Once I get the Legion nobles added in, I will release (everything else is merged).  This is not save game compatible so I am trying to do all the fixes.  I'm not a programmer and all the coders are off doing something else so it is taking me some time to test everything I'm tweaking before releasing.  I also want to go through the bug list as well. 

I doubt I'll finish this week but I may get some time over the weekend to put a big dent in it.  The next version will be "Patch" 4.57.  There will still be bugs but I did fix the one that caused the strategy advisor to crash.  Now if I could only figure out how to get him to talk in the party menu (and not just the camp menu)...
  9. faith troops

You gain honour if you allow the bloke to join the clergy or what ever that other option is. 
  10. Religion - In Game

I don't know if religion even makes much of a difference with faith troops now either.  Before 4.5C you would get faith troops though a random message which came about because you had the combination of top tier nobles and good religion.  Now you get faith troops like you get any other troop.  By your top tier nobles just fighting some battles and getting enough xp.  You upgrade them with your marshal like normal troops.
  11. Patch 4.55C now on M&B Repository

No crashes so far.  The combination of forests and formations are horrible still, computer doesn't cope well.

Was the way troops are upgraded to faith troops changed in this patch.  Before there was the random event where a soldier would come to you asking for permission etc.  Now your nobles just upgrade to faith troops like normal. 

Before having edicts in affect to make the clergy like you was important because thats how you would get faith troops.  Now it seems like the edicts for the Clergy are useless.  What other benefits does faith give?
  12. Republic of Marina Full Artifacts

Can you only get artifacts from your own civilisation?  Also, is it more likely to get artifacts if you search your civ's homeland?
  13. Giving troops to Lords

I find it's a must to give Lords troops to help them get started.  They only go out and raid villages/siege castles if they feel they have a big enough army.  But to get an army they need money which they're not going to get sitting in a castle.  You have to break the circle at first.
  14. My Marinian Army

Anaxeo said:
    I'm having a good time with the Mars, they wipe the floor with Khergits. I think its going to be tough though when i have to start fighting the Rhodoks and Nords, cause our infantry will be closely matched. Thats when i'll have to use my Mercs more than i normally would.

Rhodoks are the hardest I reckon.  The armies are very similar except Rhodock infantry get shields, Mars don't.  Nords aren't to bad because the Mars crossbows weaken them then the halberds of the infantry smack 'em on the head before they can get close to your men.
  15. Create your own faction units

It would be pretty cool.  In the meantime, if you're desperate to create your own army you could use the unofficial troop editor.
Back
Top Bottom