Recent content by bobross419

1. bobross419

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

My apologies, I got my tooling confused.  My questions are about OpenBRF not Morgh's.  I'm having trouble figuring out what these numbers are actually doing to the texture selection.

Specifically this screen:
    1XFj8dMxwl92u68Y1VD4_kAe4uLdnXWZA

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XFj8dMxwl92u68Y1VD4_kAe4uLdnXWZA/view?usp=sharing
    ver 0.0.74 --  (2 Feb 2012)   

2- A [Transform UV] tool, to scale/translate all UV coordrinates.

Useful for when you unify textures in one sheet
    Point 2 The UV transform tool is similar to the XYZ roto-translate-transform tool, but works with UV coordiantes (and it lacks rotations, because I'm lazy and I didn't need them). This is useful, for example, when you put two or more sheet of texture together. All the meshes using it must adapt to use 1/4 of the texture space, and this is what this tool does for you (as usual, bulk edits are possible).

It's fully interactive, meaning that you preview the results while you do it, and can cancel if you skcrew up.

Another use is when the texture is flipped in the vertical direction (this happens all the times). The tool has a preset to flip it back (scales the V by -100% and transaltes it by 1, meaning that it flips it).
  2. bobross419

I'm following NPC99's mount icon tutorial [1] and running into issues when I attempt to transform some of the texture coords.  The scale and translate values provided don't provide textures for some of my submeshes.  This also happened when I did the first part of the tutorial, but I was able to click through the available options (.25 increments) and find the textures.  This hasn't been the case for a few of the sub-meshes when I scaled down the man textures to add the horse.  I'm trying to better understand what the Scale and Translate values are actually doing, so I can visualize where on the template a given set of values might be showing.  I've been reading some blender docs about UV mapping, and I understand the concept of the translation but not how the values in Morgh's modify the selection.  My google and TW searches have failed me.  All I've been able to find is a brief reference to this functionality in Morgh's update log [2].

I'm very new to the visual aspects of modding and wanting to put some dumb **** in the game for my kids entertainment, but I'm happy to read reference materials.  Can anyone either explain how these values work or point me in the direction of reference docs that will help me understand this piece?

Thanks!
    Bob

[1]
    NPC99 said:
    2. Making a mounted map icon

[2] https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,168044.msg5138756.html#msg5138756
  3. bobross419

Share the way how to make a rts mod

Damn this is cool.  Looking forward to the translation
  4. bobross419

Posting here instead of openbrf sub because it seems like a pretty dead forum.

Can anyone confirm a working version (and service pack) of Windows and OpenBRF?  I’m trying to get it running in VirtualBox and neither 32 or 64 bit versions of Windows 10 would run it.  I have access to other keys, but my local internet’s are slow and I don’t want to waste more time pulling ISOs that aren’t going to work.

I’ve found other people with the same issue I have (blank preview) and some people must be able to get it to work.
    I’ve also tried getting it to run under WINE with various settings.

EDIT: I stumbled across a working solution (for me)... https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3487 contains an OpenBrf.exe along with some dll files in the Resources/ folder and it just kinda worked for me on Mac on WINE.
  5. bobross419

kalarhan said:
    you can use the cheat menu

This is what I needed.  Thanks!
  6. bobross419

Thanks, I wasn’t specifically asking about that but that does kinda confirm that modding takes patience lol.

I’m more looking for Set of tools I can use to make items appear in my inventory, or troops in my party.  Maybe something in the ~ menu?

Like, my character has a saddle horse but I’m trying to reskin a sumpter horse without traveling all over Calradia to find one.

I know I can do that through save editor but it seems tedious when checking a bunch of things... like a developers tool bag or something.
  7. bobross419

I’ve just started nodding, and I’m looking for a cheat sheet or osp or something to make my life of testing my changes easier. 

For example, I’m testing texture changes to horses and I’m using the Saddle Horse because that is the horse I have in my inventory.  Otherwise I’d have to go track down a Saddle Horse or whatever somewhere and I’d like to just make it appear for me without updating my character in save... like a text command or something.
  8. bobross419

Any funny or silly mods for kids?

My kids like watching me play, and I’m wondering if there are any mods that are more silly.  Maybe cartoons and stuff.  Five nights at freddys and my little pony would be a bonus :) Sorry if this is the wrong place.  The mods section won’t let me make posts.
  9. bobross419

Player health question

If you really wanted to undertake this you could attack it from the other side... instead of balancing HP you could balance damage.  Just reduce the damage of all weapons by 1/2, 1/3 or whatever.
  10. bobross419

SO TIRED WHY IS THIS SO??????

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?  Like basic troubleshooting stuff?  Does it give you any sort of an error code?
  11. bobross419

SP Musket Era GESIA Mod Pack 0.7

SmashTheState said:
    * The trading in WFAS was quite broken, resulting in me making about 2 million at the start of the game by doing velvet runs so I wouldn't have to worry about money for the rest of the game, but now trading is so difficult that I just don't bother.  It really needs to be something in the middle.'

I disagree... I find trading very rewarding in its current state.  Multiple caravans and caravans to castles will only make it easier.

I tend to agree with most of your other points though... especially the last.
  12. bobross419

Bug Help: Scout Party endlessly follows me

Kill them all...

Go into battle.
    Ride around on horse shooting at them with your pistol until one dies.
    Retreat.
    Ride away until your health recovers
    Repeat.

Alternatively, turn on Cheat mode.  Use the Ctrl+F4 (Shift+F4 maybe, can't remember for sure - Definitely not Alt+F4 though) to kill them all. Turn off cheat mode.  I'd actually recommend leaving cheat mode on since I've run into a spot or two where the last enemy was stuck in a wall and unkillable.
  13. bobross419

Goods price ranges

If you download the source code you can go in and take a look at base price for items.
  14. bobross419

Player health question

From posts I read in the forge, you won't be able to just boost your HP... you'll need to use some sort of STR/IF gimmick to get it working.
  15. bobross419

SO TIRED WHY IS THIS SO??????

I don't have these problems and I'm running Gesia Mod on Linux under Wine.  Are you guys running the most recent version/patch?  Any mods?  Is it happening at one particular town/fortress?

@LT - You might consider uninstalling and reinstalling... you seem to have a whole lot of issues.
Back
Top Bottom