Recent content by bloodpass

1. bloodpass

Bloodpass Warband Map Editor

Are you sure you don't have any mods or odd versions of the game that could be a factor? Or is the map.txt you're working with altered before loading in this editor in some way? If you're using one previously exported from the editor, there is some data precision loss, so you should start with an original map.txt.

With the latest release, the only difference with the exported maps and the regular map.txt, which shouldn't matter, is some extra whitespace in the second half of the file. This is where the map file format tells the game which 3d coordinates (vertexes in the first half) make up each triangle, and what the terrain for that triangle is. If that wasn't working we'd see a mangled mess in game (if it even loads).

After altering the export to make the whitespace consistent, I did a file comparison of the original map file and an exported file with one tri's terrain altered, and that terrain code on that line was the only difference. So unless you missed some other step(s) to reproduce this bug, I don't seem able to reproduce it.
  2. bloodpass

It's not annoying, I would like it to work correctly, so I need the feedback if it isn't.

Switching the map names should work. All that does is load the exported map back into the editor.  I was just able to do it successfully too, so that's weird.

Actually, that "Load Exported Map" button should load exportMap.txt, so that you can use Export+Load as a kind of undo without messing up your original map.txt.

I guess I'll have to look closer. If you have any logs (from the new versions especially which should capture more, especially if it's crashing) or an example map which crashes, I could take a look.
  3. bloodpass

Try the latest. I'm not sure if it was the only problem, but I did fix a definite issue with map vertex precision when exporting. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned earlier though. Haven't tested it in game yet but I'm pretty sure at least some of the issues above like the sea cliff texture mess up could be caused by it.

Edit: Ok I did just load the game with an exported map, it looks fine after this update. What I didn't do which should normally be done for this kind of thing is check an exported map in-game before the fix, to confirm that I see the same problems... so just let me know if it's fixed, and if it's not I'll have to see if I can reproduce it here.
  4. bloodpass

Okay, that'll help when I look at this, maybe this weekend.
  5. bloodpass

Hmm, do you know which version that started with? I probably haven't done import/export testing in awhile, so I'll have to try that when I get a chance. I don't think I really changed anything map related lately, hmm.
  6. bloodpass

Update should be up shortly:

1.1.2 - Added a (technically misnamed) option to change the UI buttons used for terrain painting into a scrolling list. Open config.ini and set the appropriate line to true (replace "false") to enable this at startup. Useful for low resolution screens where this panel gets cut off. Default is to show the buttons, since they seem to work a bit better (I had to click multiple times occasionally on this experimental scroll-list, otherwise it seems to work fine).
  7. bloodpass

Hmm, yeah that stinks. You're missing quite a bit. I don't think there's a setting that'll help you with that one... You should be able to resize the window after startup but it sounds like your screen is just far too small.

This seems to come up a lot, I'll take a look at what can be done for it.
  8. bloodpass

Well I tried doing a small update which adds 3 extra newlines when you export module_parties.py (which actually exports to exportModuleParties.py). Unfortunately I still don't think the file parsing is working correctly, and it's a bit much to dig into.

1.1.1 - Minor update in an attempt to improve VC support. I suspect there are still some major issues with parsing, reading/writing module_parties.py, however. Since I don't have time to re-write the editor's file parsing for compatibility, I think it's best if anyone using this for VC edits their module_parties file manually, using the changes saved in exportModuleParties.py that editor outputs as a guide. (Or, just get things like screen coordinates right out of the UI.)

At least it doesn't crash, anyway, but the TLDR here is - don't trust the module_parties export's content, and there might be a few map objects that don't load correctly in VC. Regular Warband shouldn't be impacted.
  9. bloodpass

Okay, I put an update out there. This can barely be said to support VC now, but I think the crashes and major issues are gone. Still experimental support for VC, and the usual "back up your files and double check exported files" of course applies for VC stuff.

Caution: Since the module_parties parsing is a real pain and I don't have time to redo it, I put in a terrible hack (from a dev perspective) to get that one line I posted above to load correctly. From a user perspective, the default VC module parties file should load without edits now. For anyone who needs to know in future, what I did for this "hack" was look for a line which contains "readingum", so that whenever that text is found it'll automatically append/combine the next 3 lines in the file. The editor splits the module_parties file into "lines" by using newlines as a delimiter. I just realized, this means when module_parties is exported, the entry will be one line, and the editor won't be able to re-load the saved module_parties file unless you manually re-add the newlines. :roll: That's pretty bad... I'll try and do another "fix" for this problem later.

Caution #2: If you already removed the newlines from that "readingum" entry, you'll want to put them back to the way it is in the original VC version, otherwise bad things will happen since the editor will try to combine it with the next few entries in the file.

I wasn't able to remember how to locate textures, and couldn't locate all the icons, so some map objects load with bad textures or placeholder icons. I got a few new icons working, but had to guess at what icon names they map to, so having never played VC I've no idea if I got it correct.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get VC working on my PC, so I still haven't actually seen it yet.

Logging should work better now also, so at least it's possible to see what's missing.
  10. bloodpass

The problem is just this line:

Code:
        ("readingum","Readingum",pf_disabled|icon_camp_refuge|pf_is_static|pf_always_visible|pf_hide_defenders, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(24.76,-211.39),
    [(trp_mercenary_arqueros, 1,2),(trp_taiga_bandit, 80,90),(trp_elite_viking, 30,40),(trp_sea_raider_leader2, 4,6),(trp_norse_standard_bearer, 3,5),(trp_todos_cuerno, 2,4),(trp_norse_level1_landed, 20,30),
    (trp_norse_level1_companion, 10,15),(trp_norse_level2_companion, 10,15),]),

Basically when it's parsing the file it expects to find a ] (close bracket) on the same line, but there's a few new lines on this particular line because it's so long. If you remove the newlines and save it as one long line, it parses fine. Not sure if I'm going to have the time to dive into that thing again (painful), but at least we can remove the newlines to get it working.

...however there's still some problems that need an update.

Now I just realized, I do own Viking Conquest. All this time I didn't think I had it.  :lol:
    When I get a chance I'll try doing an update for VC support. It might not be that hard...
  11. bloodpass

It's as I suspected, there's some kind of module_parties parsing issue that's essentially causing an infinite loop. :sad:
    Maybe not really an easy fix, would have to spend some time tracking down what's going wrong.
  12. bloodpass

It's good you said it was a PM, I rarely notice those up there.
  13. bloodpass

Yeah, if you can get the file shared to a public site of some kind I'm fine taking a look at how it behaves. The issue with unsupported parties is another problem, the editor doesn't support them.
  14. bloodpass

That suggestion is what I would have said too. It was never tested or developed to support the other version's module_parties, so it might be a more tricky problem. One problem is, I don't think I have the files needed here to test, hmm.

15. bloodpass

There should be a file called config.ini the editor reads when it starts.

I thought I had already increased these, but change the X and Z range numbers so they're larger if you need to:

10                          #min Y camera range (low)
    350                        #min Y camera range (high)
    -320                        #min X camera range (left)
    320                        #max X camera range (right)
    -250                        #min Z camera range (forward)
    300                        #max Z camera range (back)
Back
Top Bottom