Recent content by blood of the North

1. blood of the North

Istanbul? - Konstantinopolis? - Byzantium?

Paraphrasing one of Ancilmon's ideas.
  2. blood of the North

Istanbul? - Konstantinopolis? - Byzantium?

But the Romans had no Iron weapons
  3. blood of the North

Things that happened between Armenians-Turks-Russians

ancalimon said:
    Tens of thousands of Armanians were massacred in retribution famine and the Ottomans stupidity to send the Armenians near Kurds. Why did they send them? so as not to die themselves because there were traitors killing citizens and cutting supply lines while the army was fighting in the frontlines.

Now tell me:  If Germany and Turkey were at war and Turks in Germany formed a terrorist organization and started razing German cities and erasing them from map, And if Germans forced the Turks living in Germany to Turkey and they were killed by Greeks on the way, would you call it a genocide? (Moreover, Turks in Germany do no have a leader like Armenians did in Turkey. Their pope started a terrorist organization)
    Wait.... So you're saying that every single Armenian victim of the Ottoman's policy of forced relocation, was a member of the Papal conspiracy, armed and instigated by Germans (lets not forget were allies) and motivated by their hatred of the Ottoman Turks? You're claiming that 1.5 million Armenian citizens were terrorists and that the action taken by the government and militia groups was justified?
  4. blood of the North

Things that happened between Armenians-Turks-Russians

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/15/turkish-academics-to-apol_n_151060.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7784230.stm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkish-academics-in-apology-to-armenians-1067066.html

oh look what I found, using the same criteria for what constitutes evidence as ancalimon. Whilst the reports do not prove any genocide occurred, they do demonstrate that respected Turkish scholars are willing to apologise for a genocide they believed occurred based on the evidence available to them.
  5. blood of the North

Din Edyn

Fair go, I thought that the Iudeu scene looked more like Din Edyn.
  6. blood of the North

Din Edyn

In my game the scene for din edyn is the same used for licidfelth etc.
  7. blood of the North

Din Edyn

G'day started playing this fantastic mod again with the intention of creating scotland/alba 2 centuries early. Went to Iedau and Din Edyn and was surprised to find that Din Edyn's hillfort was at Iedau. Is there any reason for this? just curious. edit: my bad i meant Iudeu
  8. blood of the North

Elite Warriors of their time (MATCHUP)

Out of interest does anyone know how often the Praetorian Guard fought in actual battles/campaigns?
  9. blood of the North

Paul Revere why is he still thought of as a hero

I ****ing love Bernard Cornwell's 'The Fort'
  10. blood of the North

Why Did the Roman Empire die off?

...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
    (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
    (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
    (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
    (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
    — Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article II

Taken from wikipedia cause i'm lazy, but by any unbiased/rational thought the conditions placed upon the Armenian population in the Ottoman Empire between 1915-22 does constitute a Genocide.
  11. blood of the North

worst strategic decision / mistake

As a small invasion force allowing a much larger army behind your lines of communication/supply is a massive mistake worthy of been counted among the worst strategic positions/mistakes. It was the action he took afterwards that nullified the mistake.
  12. blood of the North

But he won at Issus due to his genius as a field commander, he made a serious mistake because Darius intercepted his supply lines and was allowed to pick the battlefield.
  13. blood of the North

Alexander the Greats march south prior to the battle of Issus. It allowed Darius to intercept his line of supply and communication, effectively cutting him off from the rest of the Greek world.
Back
Top Bottom