Recent content by Blackfish

1. Blackfish

Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.54]

I'm having an issue with the battle camera randomly zooming in (like with the L-Shift key when aiming a bow) and often locking in that position. This happens without me pressing L-Shift or the capslock.) It would be fine for a while, then lock in that position for the rest of my play session - that is, in every battle and city scene until I restart the game, but the lock-in happens very, very soon so just restarting all the time to resolve the issue isn't a reasonable option. It's fine when aiming a bow, but not for melee fighting - as you can imagine it's quite difficult to land proper hits when you can only see the top of your helmet (like so).

Googling leads me to believe that it's due to Diplomacy's post-death camera option, though I have no idea how that might be. Any idea what might be causing this? Alternatively, is there a quick fix possible, say, by disabling the in-battle zoom entirely?

I'm playing with Floris Expanded v.2.54, with the Reworked troop tree. Don't know how to check my Warband's version number, but as I have it on Steam, I'm assuming it's the latest version.
  2. Blackfish

Who is the most powerful faction without players help?

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
    I probably will do it again and again, but next times I will not be taking pictures. Ill just leave it on as i sleep and i wake up to see who is winning. Do that a couple times and see who wins more times then others. Like 1 out of 5.
    I'd be interested in seeing the end results of these overnight runs. In my experience the Nords do really well, especially against the Vaegirs, so I was surprised to see them go first in this game.
  3. Blackfish

Troop Tree Survey

Wow, didn't know I was in such a small minority - the Reworked tree for me.

The Native tree is kind of bland at this point, but the Expanded tree is a little too complex for me. I think the Reworked tree strikes a good balance.
  4. Blackfish

Your favourite state/nation

I've never been there, but from what I've read Scandinavians are a pretty cool and enlightened bunch.

As for history I've always been interested in the history of the Near East (? around modern Greece and Turkey). It's pretty much continuously fascinating. I like classical history, Byzantine history, Ottoman history. I'd be more impressed with what Ataturk did and what he built too if those annoying Turkish nationalists (I know a few online and in real life) would shut the **** up about him for two seconds.
  5. Blackfish

Introduction to Ottoman history

Thanks, I guess I'll start on Halil Inalcik soon.

Has anyone read the other two?
  6. Blackfish

Introduction to Ottoman history

I need help picking a book as an introduction and general outline of the Ottoman Empire. As it's not actually in my unit syllabus, I can't actually spend too much time on it, so I can probably read only one. I've picked out three likely candidates from my uni library: - The Ottoman Empire by...
  7. Blackfish

The Smokeshack

Thanks, guys. I did get pretty high last night, so I guess it does work fine.
  8. Blackfish

The Smokeshack

So quick question. I took apart and cleaned my bong for the first time since I bought it (six months). There was a lot of tar (or whatever it was) in the stem so I ran it through with some tissue on a chopstick. Before I needed maybe one or two seconds of lighting the weed in the bowl to finish it, now the fire just burns through the weed instantly. I don't remember it burning so fast even when it was new. I'm just curious as to whether this is normal, or if there was something essential in the stem that I poked out with the tar.
  9. Blackfish

University sues student who 'studied too fast'

In my uni you pay for each course you take, so doing a lot of units at once wouldn't actually be cheaper. I assumed this was how it's usually done.

Did this German university just charge a flat rate per semester and left it up to you to decide how many classes to enroll in? And if they did, didn't they have a limit on how many courses you can enroll in per semester? Because this can't have been the first time someone graduated early because he/she did more units per semester.
  10. Blackfish

Merchants have no merchandise

I apologise for the bump, but has the problem been identified? I've put a lot of time into that character and world, really don't want to start a new one. Thanks.
  11. Blackfish

Shields and other stuff

Pushkinpashtet said:
    I've also bought Heavy Morningstar. I haven't tried it yet, but I trust it. It does 40c damage in single hand.
    As a bonus, if you end up not liking how it handles, just give it to a companion. They get very consistent kills with the morningstar, for some reason.

Pushkinpashtet said:
    Why Intelligence?
    Each point of intelligence gives you an extra skill point, so it's good to put a stat point there once in a while even if you're not focusing on party skills yourself.
  12. Blackfish

Shields and other stuff

Definitely the charger. A courser is just too fragile. You still shouldn't be charging straight into the enemy though, especially if you're going to be the lone horseman of your warband.

Consider the morningstar for your one-handed weapon. It's a real heavy infantry killer. Also think about whether you really want jarids. They can be useful in some situations, but you can also use that slot for an extra shield.
  13. Blackfish

Shields and other stuff

With the Rhodoks, probably better to play as a horseman, since the Rhodoks have no cavalry. As a horseman you can chase down fleeing enemies and, in a pinch, skirmish with the enemy to buy your men more time to get in position.

And yes, you should always invest in both riding and athletics, even as a horseman - so that you're not a sitting duck if your horse dies under you.

Polearms are, imo, not very good for personal combat, though it's devastating in a formation. I am personally inordinately fond of the great bardiche.
  14. Blackfish

Acres...

I guess it depends on what you consider 'reaping the benefits'. A couple of acres will be a minor supplement your income, but with twenty acres you can support your warband with the revenue.

It's not as lucrative as dyeworks, if that's what you're asking.
  15. Blackfish

(Analysis) The reason why WB sieges are so much harder than the original

Alternatively, it's because you play on "good campaign AI", which iirc doesn't actually improve their behaviour but just gives them more money. On poor campaign AI it's more typical to see maybe 10% top-tier troops in a warband/garrison.
Back
Top Bottom