Recent content by Blacke

1. Blacke

Growing The Beard

I will drink from your skull
    My lord, I like your beard

(guess I just made that up)
  2. Blacke

Growing The Beard

Ah, I don't think I know you, peace to you stranger !
    Batter Offer is rejected
  3. Blacke

Taleworlds is going to release a post to let us know about their futur plans for the game. What are your expectations ??

Curious of TW might announce.

I just want a steady release of new features, through regular patchs (for new and improved mechanics) and DLC (for new armors, mounts, even battle scenes, arenas, even new music tracks, and so on).

I'd like to see more diplomacy/politic/dynasty improvements, more interactions between characters, random events, etc. Deadly plagues/diseases, a big fat foreign invasion, stuff like that, would also be nice additions, this world needs to be alive.

If TW is struggling with money then paid DLC might be a solution. I'm totally up for it, as long as the content would be consistent. A shame to witness the game as it is right now, Bannerlord has so much potential and needs to florish.
  4. Blacke

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I will say this if Taleworlds is ready to make huge changes in the game not for free I am ready to pay for it, but only if these changes will be global approximately as it do Paradox Interactive.
    I am personally tired of constantly going in for a few hours and testing new minor changes after the release of the patch if it can be called so. I do not see any development of the game except that Taleworlds is stagnate. So the money will be an incentive to create additional content for Bannerlord.
    This is my personal opinion. I understand that some people will not be willing to pay money, but for quality content in our time must pay. Otherwise I just can't imagine how Taleworlds should be forced to work on Bannerlord :sad:
    Once again, this is my personal opinion and I do not impose it on anyone.
    Quite the opposite, I understand you. Not that I enjoy the perspective of waving my credit card AGAIN, but I hate even more having paid a game and seen a couple of improvements and new features only in years.

If releasing DLC is the solution for Bannerlord to escape its current apathy, then I'm up to pay for it. But the DLC have to deliver. Petty content such a single new feature + two new armors per DLC for $15 that's a big fat NO.
  5. Blacke

Growing The Beard

Hu yeah ? What about my avatar and it's beard ?

You seem to hold something, why the suspense ? Please shoot

I've also asked two questions, didn't get a proper reply, I'm all ears
  6. Blacke

Growing The Beard

Didn't notice that, on which patch this has been added ?

Are we talking about sheep fur or character beard growing ? I'm confused
  7. Blacke

Isn't that what mods is for? Should things I would like to see be added to the game be added just because I want it, and damn anyone else that wouldn't like it?

I didn't say the game didn't need anything. But to expect large content drops after a game is released seems a bit far fetched. Looking at other games out there such is at large tied to dlc's etc. People been name dropping Paradox earlier and they are a prime example of such.
    Mods are here because some studios want to solidify a community around that kind of feature.

But it doesn't mean a mod isn't worth integrating because it is the result of some isolated players wishes with good development skills (another way to define "modders", I guess).

By allowing a community to create and release mods freely, you will draw players attention around a bunch of well made ones. If a mod is popular and too good to be ignored (want a top 10 list ?) you create needs.

I started playing Bannerlord in it's vanilla state and I really enjoyed it. In fact, the vanilla game hooked me in no time. But at some point it became dull, I was done grinding always the same things. I just wanted more possibilities and new features. I ended up finding mods because I hated seeing clones, I found many cool mods until I realised "ok, Bannerlord is definitely unfinished". Suddenly I had needs.

If TW is annoyed to see players (like me) asking for new features, sometimes by sharing random mods links (as I do), then maybe they should cut the flow and stop supporting modding for good ? Or blocking too demanding players on this forum ? Maybe both ? I genuinely don't know.

Good thing this isn't the case for the moment. A modder forum section even exists on this very forum and Steam/Nexus pages are florishing, with the promise of even more cool ideas (and needs) in the futur.

So yeah, players won't look away and pretend Bannerlord doesn't need new features that easy.

But no one is asking for "large content drops". TW doesn't have to release a patch out the blue with tons of new stuff in a row. First, there are good signs they are simply unable to do so, secondly, I'm pretty sure this isn't what people are asking. Things could be done step by step. 1.2.0 was the perfect example for this. We just need more 1.2.0-like patchs.

I wouldn't mind a DLC as well, as long as it's content is worth paying for.

Someone talked about balancing problem:

Yes, new features means caring about a right balance...kind of obvious point.

Good news ! Unlike modders working on their spare time Taleworlds is a video game company that has hired professional devs and artists, with a full access of the whole game code, all of this powered by a good amount of ressources. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not saying Taleworlds is Blizzard or Bethesda, not at all. I'm saying TW has more ressources and manpower than a modder delivering new ideas or improving existing features, in his bedroom.

But hey, before balancing anything, new features must to be added, tested, beta tested, with feedbacks.

We can't balance properly what doesn't exist yet (or only through mods).

So far, the only thing we can do is...guessing indefinitely if that thing will be or not balanced, usually with an unbalanced mod version as reference. Not good enough.

Stop discussing then, just pick a good lore friendly and popular mod, polish it, add it to the game (credit the modder), let's test it together and see how it goes. It's not black magic.

Imagine every game company saying "oh we won't add new content because we are too afraid this will break the balance". Excuse me ?

I suppose these are just decisions to take (with some good management).
  8. Blacke

Growing The Beard

I just started a new character at the youngest age selecting the full beard. Once i reached the age of 22-23 i had a full beard (No Mods) So it does automaticly grow.
    No the beard doesn't grow.

Trust me, I have 2000 hours of gameplay and zero reason to make you believe otherwise.

Again: the beard doesn't grow (and as far as I know there isn't any mod that provides this feature).

You might have selected one of the basic teenage beard available that automaticaly turned into a more hairy one once you reached 21. This will be your only experience of "a growing beard". If you have picked the other option nothing would have happen. And the "new" beard your character had won't grow bigger.

One last time: the beard doesn't grow (neither does the hair -the ones on the head-).

Can't be more specific than that sorry, hope you'll figure this out by yourself.

(but this is still a cool feature I'd like to see in the game)
  9. Blacke

Finished according to who though? If/when TW wrap up what they stated in their release notes, isn't it finished then? Finished as in give everyone what they want? Then it would never end up as such.
    Probably finished in a way we can have even more differents reasons to enjoy this game.

Choosing a bunch of famous modders ideas as inspirations would be a start.

Imagine serving as soldier, getting standard unit gear, progressing through ranks and be rewarded with a settlement at some point. That's an idea.

I fail to understand why some people don't want to see more features in this game.

Even worse: I don't get why some players are reacting as if they were already overwhelmed by the current state of the game.

Bannerlord provides battles (as lord, as mercenary...or bandit, I guess ?), trading (but it still becomes repetitive, how about a bank system ?), getting settlements (with very basic management possibilities) and eventually to start a dynasty (again, with very basic management possibilities).

In fact putting aside the incredible battles and a big part of the trading, everything in this game still remains a very basic state.

But if you consider Bannerlord doesn't need any more addition, please, be my guest, enjoy it. Maybe you are an happier player than most of us. In that case I do envy you.

Good thing TW finally decided to add a weather system, to store goods for warehouse production and a couple of new bandits scenes (about time...). Still feel like baby steps, but at least we got that.

So yeah, please we need improvement, variety and new features.
  10. Blacke

Customize Training Grounds (cloths/weapons)

Hey, Is it possible to customize training grounds for a new culture ? I'm refering to the cloths and types of weapons characters will wear/use when they are simply training in an arena. Vlandians train crossbow/billhook/(...), Battanians train bow/2H weapons/(..), Sturgians wear fur hats...
  11. Blacke

Growing The Beard

So i assume that once you reach that age it automaticly grows ?
    Let's be clear: NO, a beard won't automatically grows. Whatever your age.

Once your character turns 18 you can select one of the beards (I think it's only two) available at this age. Sometimes this early beard will be automatically attributed to the character. And that's it.

If you expect your character to have more and more hairs on his face with time passing then no, it won't happen. Such mechanic hasn't been implemented in the game.

If you want a bigger beard > go to be barber or use DCC or Character Reload and select a bigger one.

That being said I'd like to see such feature, it's a cool idea and makes sense since every character become older.
  12. Blacke

You can lump in really any total war game, and other similar game in here. Because with all of these kind of games it come a time when you are so powerfull, there is hardly any obstacle left, and all left is to moop up rest of the map (whatever). End of the day, it all come down to how long you want to keep play your campaign. If you play the sandbox, the end goal is yours to set. WIth the actual campaigjn, you have something to achieve...(Sort of).

I don't think stretch game time by introduce more management is the way to go in a game that is focused on battles/fights.
    I don't think there is any point to stretch time with more management if we don't plan to add birth/death for example.

But once these features are activated (for those who want to play like that) it's like another kind of game, where time becomes a feature by itself. Since we can die, in battle or old, having heirs is a good idea to secure a dynasty.

Mariages are cool, having children is cool, dying is, in a way, also cool. Probably not for everyone, maybe there are more players playing with birth/death than others not enable it, or maybe not, I have no idea.

But these features are here and already add depth to this "battle/fights" game. I don't remember a full crowd asking this to be permanently removed. And those enabling it generaly expect more polishing and improvements.

Once again, people aren't releasing management mods or are excited for more official features for nothing.

I remember a time where we couldn't assign anybody correctly at the start of the battle. Infantry heroes where randomly added to a cavalry formation or mounted ones in the front line with the infantry. I lost family members because of this nonsense. Good thing we can manage this now. This is a good example of improved feature that fits with the game (and no one is asking Bannerlord to turn into a CK3/Total War/Football Manager, please no).

Warehouses, Weather, Targeting systems that came with 1.2.0 also are good examples of new management features (now you will have to make sure bad weather won't mess with your siege or anything else). Not saying they are perfects, also need polishing, but at least it's here.

I'm repeating myself by now, but Bannerlord is an unique game that needs to have unique ways to implement deeper/clever management systems, as long as it's well balanced.

And I'm sure we can make everyone happy by giving the opportunity to enable/disable some impactful options.
  13. Blacke

- And secondly we have to be careful with what we want. For me Bannerlord should not become a management game. Like Total War, for me 'diplomacy' is just a pretext for war. And childrens just an excuse to continue. Too much management can disrupt the rhythm of the game. The additions that I read seem too off-topic or too difficult to be implement. Betrayal ok but when and how? Where will the fun be if groups of 80 soldiers suddenly abandon you in the middle of a siege, leading to an undeserved loss of your entire army and your city? In a "Game of Thrones" mod ok, losing is part of the lore, but not in a base game. A cool addition won't necessarily be cool to play. In my opinion the game can still improve but only marginally, like clones or children's skills.
    When you see the current state of Bannerlord, which is mostly battles and grind, that we endlessly repeat, I guess a deeper management system in general can't hurt.

Not to mention how fast players usually outmatch factions in a way or another, until they reach the so called "late game" in no time, where there isn't not much to do (and they can already think about starting a new campaign at this point).

It's not like there is an overwhelming choice of complexes features to deal with.

These are the main reasons why many of us artificially add more challenge, thanks to some mods for better immersion and deeper management.

This is also why mods are actually successful, especially for Bannerlord, because there are many blanks and unfinished features that need to be filled (and fixed ?).

So yeah, more management please, but nicely implemented, with the right balance so it fits with the game pace, that is the minimum we can expect from a company such TaleWorlds.

Also a better menu navigation for a smoother experience, this also can't hurt.
  14. Blacke

I don't think every player would share that want in regard of have their player character become infirm etc -) I had enough games of CK3 where I ended up almost yell at the screen. But unlike CK3, you can't just get hold of a good commander to leader your army in Bannerlord. See your high skill character get suddenly replaced by a low skill one, when consider what it take to level up in Bannerlord. I don't see people to happy about such -)
    Looks like something players could decide to activate or not, like the actual birth and death.

Some mods also give the choice to check/uncheck options in-game.

If some players prefer to play easy mode with a immortal god as a main character, I really don't mind.

I guess I've seen enough games like that to be fair.

But I don't think this is a reason to get rid of cool ideas and never polish a game. And Bannerlord does need polishing. Like...a lot.

Allowing players to enable (or not) some features is an opportunity for everyone to enjoy the game as we want, whatever if we are chill players or more demanding ones (probably like me).

Let's call this the power of flexibility.
  15. Blacke

I would have assumed since scale is smaller it would be easier to make it more in depth and fleshed out when it comes to certain elements. CK3 has its own faults as a game and there are certain aspects I would want in Bannerlord while others I would prefer to keep in CK3. Getting wounded with the possibility to remain so for years in game or just straight up lose a limb would suck severely. Is it realistic, yes very much so and would probably be apart of the allure but once it happens to me it becomes a different issue.
    I would love to have my characters, family members and companions wounded, even infirm, ill, mad, with smallpox/leper (or something with another name that fits with the lore) and so on.

I'd also like to see more interaction between family members and characters in general, with love, treason, plots, murders, instead of NPC that just follows everything I say like robots.

Let say my character has been wounded in a battle and is now infirm. His brother and his allies just murdered him to take the thrown. Now that I have selected my eldes child as heir, I have to gather an army to confront him. A simple medieval tale that I'd love to see in Bannerlord, rather than tastless snowballing conquests.

We take CK3 as the main example, because it provides such great mechanics like this. But I don't think we should copy/past stuff from a game to another. Bannerlord can beneficiate a lot with similar features, but these additions should also fit with the game scale. I'm not a game dev, but I'm pretty sure is something to do with these ideas.
Back
Top Bottom