Recent content by black_bulldog

1. black_bulldog

Please remove Khuzait and Vlandia

Don't remove any faction .. ADD new factions - Indus , with war elephants and SJWs screaming "Wacist, bigot, phobia"

Solved.
    Agreed. Imo one of the biggest reasons it's difficult to have alliances is because there are so few factions. I feel like it would be much easier with 8+.
  2. black_bulldog

It's 2024. Spears still suck

I remember how pleasantly surprised I was at how good spears were in VC, then Bannerlord came out and spears were :poop: again. I never understood why Taleworlds seems to dislike spears so much that they made them practically useless. But then they made swinging polearms so damn OP. :facepalm:
  3. black_bulldog

Pillas,Triangular Throwing Spear and Jagged Throwing Spear

Million dollar question. Actually they got the millions of dollars, answer is they've stopped caring once they got it.
    Talewords philosophy when it comes to problems, just ignore it and it will eventually go away in other words players will eventually give up complaining. :party:
  4. black_bulldog

questions to developers

Warband had these options ? from memory ? or was it VC ?

Devs seem to be porting WB features into BL so hopefully in the future.
    It was in PoP and a few other big mod conversions. But it wasn't in vanilla Warband. But most lords would patrol around their own towns/castles/village and curtail or at least reduce bandits and raiding. One of my biggest issues with this game is the lack of control that we have of our clan as a lord and our kingdom as ruler. It's not suppose to be a democracy. It's a feudal kingdom, so you do what your king or lord tells you or you're :poop: out of luck.
    I don't have a problem with lords voting on polices but ultimately you as a king/queen should have the final say. You can overrule your lords but it's going to upset them and keep doing it eventually it will piss them off and they defect or not answer the call to war. But the polices need to make sense because there are too many of them that are just counterproductive and lords will still vote for them because of "reasons". I'm ok with upsides and downsides to policies but way too many of them just hamstring you badly.
  5. black_bulldog

MB3: Bannerlord Early Development Leaked Version - was Based on Warband

Warband to me felt like a cohesive idea that could be fully fleshed out with mods, whereas bannerlord feels like it an assortment of things that need mods to make it cohesive
    Honestly I think the management put in different ideas from different rpgs without any thought of how to properly integrate them more like a check list than actually adding features. Making an open world game is difficult. Adding a bunch of features so more than 1 play style is possible is even tougher. I think it can be done but it would take an experienced team who knows what they want their game to be. Warband was a combat simulator with a smattering or rpg elements to vary it up. It was simple but it worked.
    We kept hearing throughout ea how proposed ideas by fans "weren't Taleworlds vision". But I never ever heard them say what that vision actually was, because the way features got added was so random. As an exmple crafting was suppose to be something that you could go and get done at a smith. A nice feature and possible money sink. But then when ea comes out now we can smith and it's so busted it erased the need to worry about money. Imho it wasn't needed and should've been ripped out of the game in early ea but here we are.
  6. black_bulldog

What does clan system serve in gameplay?

I agree but keep in mind that it's called bannerlord not diplomaticlord
    I agree it's centered around battles but the name isn't battlelord and just because banner is in the name doesn't mean it can't have some kind of diplomacy. One of the biggest additions to Warband conversions was a more fleshed out diplomacy, it made the game feel much more complete. If Taleworlds had any sense they would've looked at what kinds of big mods were being added to Warband and tried to incorporate them into the game. But unfortunately we got crap like a perk system that no one asked for or a crafting system that literately destroys the balance of the game. Taleworlds logic is inscrutable. :iamamoron:
  7. black_bulldog

Player's clan parties AI behaviour

Dont worry, modders will do this way better than the actual Devs. There is an actual mod out there that gives you full control of the AI parties in your clan
    True but who knows how long the modder(s) will keep it updated. If better controls are baked into the vanilla game then there's no need to worry about updates or conflicting with other mods either.
  8. black_bulldog

Alliances or Standing peace

I could see a scenario where all of the kingdoms made alliances and there is no longer war. You would have to break an alliance to gain more territory. The idea is a good one, but the logic behind it could be quite complex. They would have to consider a lot in the decision to make an alliance and break it.
    Iirc the Floris mod handled alliances pretty well. They were timed and couldn't be broken, except by the player, and it was a big penalty of pissing off everyone else even neutral rulers. I believe kingdoms could only be in an alliance with one other faction. It was fairly simple but it added a lot of complexity to the game.
  9. black_bulldog

Alliances or Standing peace

Is there any chance of alliances becoming a thing or at the very least a set given time for how long peace will last also giving the option to completely bypass the war by paying a large sum of dinars via one large payment or tribute without technically going to war more like war negotiations before actual war is declared
    Unless something has changed Taleworlds has said no to alliances. We've asked, begged and pleaded to have them added but for some reason they won't add them.
  10. black_bulldog

Hope and self improvement are the foundations of mount and blade 2

I've been around longer than you. And I say that TaleWorlds is doing pretty well. Bannelord steam score is positive and they've sold a lot. Is the game perfect? No, nothing is perfect. Does it need improvements? Yes, at places it does. Does all that mean it is a bad game? No.
    Apparently you're not understanding what I'm saying so I'll break it down in simpler terms so there's no misunderstanding. The use of the meme isn't about the game burning down around our ears. It's implying that ignoring issues isn't good. I never said it was a bad game. I'd rate BL a 5/10 not bad not good. The issue is the OP is implying that bad feedback is bad. I'm saying that open an honest feedback is what is needed not being a yes man.

Obtw who ****ing cares if you've had an account before me? It's not relevant to the discussion. The only reason I brought that he OP must be new is because every month or two we get someone new coming in saying "everything's great stop being mean to Taleworlds", then they peace the **** out. I'm not saying I have more experience with the forums or game than the OP so my input is more valuable. My point is that Taleworlds isn't interested in any real discussion or listening to this or any other community.
  11. black_bulldog

Hope and self improvement are the foundations of mount and blade 2

Heed not the people who keep complaining about a game I doubt they haven't played for hundreds of hours, but the people who encourage the developers to continue the successful attitude of listening to consumers and modders and thriving as a result. But on a personal note, I appreciate the developers' attitude. This is what really makes this game stand out between video games of a million genres.
    So according to you:
    Everything-Is-Fine-Meme-.jpeg

Talesworlds needs people who are willing to give honest feedback not sing their praises because there never has been and never will be a perfect game.

Obtw if you think Taleworlds listens to this or any other community you haven't been around more than a few weeks or months because this is a studio who has a history of going dark for weeks or months at a time.
  12. black_bulldog

War dogs

+1

African culture would also be cool. War elephants - Zebra javelin Amazon cavalry - Rhino scythed chariots - Zulu spearmen - etc etc. Although I think there's a larger market in India (more money)
    Tbf they'd be better to base a new faction on Carthage and that empire because Taleworlds already modeled the empire in the game after the Roman empire.
  13. black_bulldog

So how is version 1.2?

Me i want resistence. Went it´s too easy i start a new game. Something should happen once the player reach a certain strenght. They join against the player, get higher tier troops or something. Thats what i loved about MTW2 when the mongols came and timurids.
    My opinion. Bannerlord difficulty is more very easy.
    Imo one of the best ways to slow down steamrolling without being too grindy would be to allow alliances. But unfortunately Taleworlds won't put them in because reasons... :unsure:

It doesn't have to be grindy but each stage should have its own set of challenges where, for instance, late-game could involve dealing with more high level -perhaps political- issues instead of going into a besieging spree or running errands. One doesn't get to properly experience what being a monarch entails.
    You expect Taleworlds to come up with a set of challenges for each stage? This is a studio who still can't get the ai to function properly during sieges.
  14. black_bulldog

So how is version 1.2?

I experience exactly that. It´s just too easy once you recruit 5 clans.
    It was pretty much the same in Warband. It's this or make the late game so grindy the player loses interest. Personally I'd prefer that at some point I can steam roll the game instead of a slog the whole way through, just my 2 cents.
  15. black_bulldog

"Bannerlord is a good game"...

Answer to OP, this game is actually very enjoyable however because of the long EA period this sub has a large number of permanent lingerers who are rather embittered by TW's slow progress to develop the game, and have subsequently developed a culture of egging each other on about how bad the game is. This is a very common thing on gaming forums.

Myself and all of my friends absolutely love the game, and take it as it is. There's nothing quite like it, and even though it could do with a bit more polish there are hundreds of hours of entertainment to be had, and the experience of commanding hundreds of troops assaulting realistically rendered castles which soldiers actually defend in formations and with siege equipment is frankly amazing. I also rather enjoy the RPG skill tree and how many possible build choices there are.

Factional, troop and item variety is also fantastic, with each faction having a rich backstory and definable playstyle.

The game is not perfect, but it is very good.
    My dude 10+ years isn't slow progress it's glacial, most studios could put out 2 games in that time frame.
Back
Top Bottom