Recent content by Bigmac78

1. Patch Notes e1.5.7

Why is it a 1.7 GB update? That seems awfully big for what appears to be nothing added.
    It is 1.9 GB for me. kind of surprising...
  2. Stashing elite troops in garrison

Clear 2 for me.

I micromanage my clan member parties and I rarely let them start parties without me being around. I also do manage my garrisons very carefully and I don't like my clan members messing around with that. If you have problems with clan members getting taken prisoners by bandits, just kick start their parties targeted with your units or just create a new party again after they have been freed from the bandits (does usually not take long...).

The argument that NPC clans do it so your clan has to do it, too, is wrong in my opinion. Following that argument, many more things would have to be adjusted in the game.
  3. Resolved Inspiring leader perk bugged

I used the respec mod to reset my perks and I chose Uplifting Spirit as 175 perk in leadership. This fixes the problem for me.
    Otherwise everything was the same (mods, game version...)
  4. Resolved Inspiring leader perk bugged

Summary: I found that after the last patch to 1.5.7 from yesterday, the influence costs for calling lords to your army was crazy high (>2000 sometims). The only ones I could still call for 0 influence were my clan members. I went back through all my saves of that playthrough and realized that...
  5. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Spring of gold gives you passive income. Which after a threshold of some money, it discourages you to play as an active trader. Your argument contradicts itself. Spring of gold doesn't make you to trade more, it makes you money when you do nothing about trading.
    In my oppinion, trading is not an end in itself. You don't trade for trading's sake but to bring you into a position to conquer the world.
    I mean, what is the final goal of the game? World domination :wink:.
    I agree with some here that of course Bannerlord is a war game. Is trading / running caravans / maintaining workshops really viable as soon as you created your own kingdom? Not really. You will be forced into wars (which is fine, don't get me wrong) and that is usually when the half-life of your caravans and workshops is drastically reduced and when you are not able to continue trading anymore.
    I would understand if - following your argumentation - the perk would have been replaced with a perk which boosts the amount of caravans or workshops you could run - but just capping it at 1k?
    Have you played the game as a trader? Doesn't sound like. I have now around 1100 hours in the game and tried different styles which I all mostly enjoyed. The game will benefit from different, viable ways to play it. Be it as a warlord, as a trader or a bandit king. Making it as versatile as possible will attract more people leading ultimately to more copies downloaded. If it is the idea to force everyone to going the mercenary / vassal route, well, the game will still be fun to play and diverse but it could just be better.
  6. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

I did two play throughs for TW one with 8 social and one with 10, it took me around 90 hours to do, and to try and show them that with 10 points 1300 days and 8 points 2200 days is way to long to trade and start a kingdom but no word from them on changing it, just a nerf to spring of gold.
    Traders go hit hard lately,
    1) Herd Penalty
    2) Everything has a price moved from 225 to 300
    3) caravan profits cut in half
    4) spring of gold cap
    It's just one thing after another, if they hate traders get rid of them don't nerf the crap out of them, Traders are not a viable build to really play when I can do so much more fighting, and to prove @mexxico wrong, I am doing a 1,000 day challenge to get 3 towns and hold them as a fighter, let's say easy task to do, that is till I get a bug that forces me to stop now, education system bug that triggers every 15 seconds and can't be stopped.
    But doesn't really matter, you can prove TW wrong or show them how crazy something is and they just turn their head and ignore it
    I fully support Flesson here. As I posted in #496, you are killing trading as a way of playing (not even winning) the game. Really, it is waaaayyy easier to get fiefs easily before day 1000 just by taking them by force. 30 M in the bank, showing one screenshot? That is really the reasoning for nerfing Spring of Gold? I had around 3.5 M around day 1000 when I reached 300 in trade with 10/5 attribute/ focus. That person with the screenshot probably reached it by selling smithed items aside trading. So start treating the disease instead of the symptoms and fix smithed item prices. I just tested it again. After 1 h of real time playing, around day 60 in game, I "luckily" unlocked the falx blade and was able to start producing 100k weapons. @mexxico
  7. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Hotfix 18/01/21

Singleplayer

• Fixed spring of gold perk effect and capped to a maximum of 1000 gold per day.
    Alright, you are rendering trading as one way of winning the game useless.
    Since the "Everything has a Price" perk is at 300 skill points, it takes I would say 900-1100 days to get there (there has been a report on making it at around day 750 but I would say that is an exception). I did it in 1.5.5. once myself and I was able to buy my first town at around 950 in-game days and that was skilling it up to the max. 10 attribute and 5 focus points. I had like 3.5 million denars at that point and, well spring of gold gave me a good amount of money daily and I was able to finance my large elite party with that and with caravans and workshops still make a good daily gain. but you know what? You need that! A town will cost several million denars a castle some hundred thousand. 1000 a day is only peanuts. Every vassal battle you are doing gives you around 10k worth of prisoners and loot. That is no comparison at all.
    The "spring of gold" perk was another useful, powerful trader perk that at least helped you to survive! Now capped to 1000... that sucks. Instead of nerfing trading, you should strengthen that way of playing the game and move "everything has a price" to 250 or at least to 275.
  8. [Beta 1.5.7] 300 Trade in 726 days.

On 1.5.5 I did a trader playthrough and I got to 300 at around 1000 ingame days. At that time, the game is done. At least in 1.5.5 Khuzait and Battanians would have taken over half of the map. 300 trade is too high for everything has a price. Trading is only for nerds and not a really viable way to play the game. You are forced to being a mercenary and then a vassal...
    225 was not enough, I will give you that but the everything has a price perk should be at max. 275 (and make caravans give you trade xp!). Thank you!
Back
Top Bottom