Recent content by BigFat

1. BigFat

MB3: Bannerlord Early Development Leaked Version - was Based on Warband

Warband to me felt like a cohesive idea that could be fully fleshed out with mods, whereas bannerlord feels like it an assortment of things that need mods to make it cohesive
  2. BigFat

MB3: Bannerlord Early Development Leaked Version - was Based on Warband

The soul alone is enough to drive a man mad.
  3. BigFat

Leveling melee combat skills - Family members

Because you choose not to fight bandits and clear hideouts. I'm saying, choose to clear a hideout so you can level the skills.
    Even then it's slow and tedious. It's ok to take a break from being TWs greatest ally to admit certain aspects of the game could use quality of life improvements.
  4. BigFat

Can Children become Lords or Vassals?

Branch families would be cool.
  5. BigFat

Cavalry in 1.2.0 - 1.2.1

That's really good to hear, as I've said, cavalry (literally the guy/gal riding the horse) is too defensive and starts to hold up their shields most of the time they're charging. Moreover, they also miss a ton when they're actually trying to attack.
    You can feel this well in vlandian tourneys, it's a pain. It'd be great if they disabled this for cav
  6. BigFat

1.2 beta. Smithing progress to fast?

Parts Unlocked! Pommel, Pommel, Pommel, Pommel, Pommel, Pommel, Pommel, Handle, Pommel.
  7. BigFat

Death Rate needs to be fixed

It can only work as a pre-game/permanent setting option (like ironman) for that particular playthrough.
    Sure. Don't get hung up on the word "slider", an option at the start that allows you to adjust it once is preferable. I say slider since, when people ask for an option for something (like garrison wage limit or troop sorting) they just seem to gravitate towards sliders.
    Your issue is that you are trying to force a narrative by killing a king during your one gameplay. Man up and execute him or kill him via cheat menu or something. It's one damn playthough that you are wanting to change the entire system for. How entitled are you?
    I have 1400 hours in the game and that is very small compared to many other people on the forums. The last time I remember having an issue with deaths in battle was when they could only happen during player battles and not simulations. I think it's really disingenuous to act like he surely must be talking about a single playthrough. I've had one playthrough in as many as I can remember where my troops killed an opposing lord. Every other death is a single one across the map or old age (or during birth, almost always Sturgian weirdly enough). You mention loving that random aspect, hey we do too and I would love for it to happen more than once every hundred hours of gameplay. I don't even think people are asking for much, I'd be content with a small % increase. Hell, people have given some great ideas in the thread that we know won't be implemented but truly what is the issue with giving people an option?
  8. BigFat

I don't care what you or anyone does in thier game. I'm paranoid about this game taking another 10 years to get all planned features addes as feature creep and untested systems get added. That's why this game is so modable, let players make the unofficial tweaks they needed. There are some truely wonderful one out there already.
    Are the birth and death options feature creep and not planned features? Should they not work in a notable way as any other feature should? If you're so worried about the other stuff why don't you just mod it in?
  9. BigFat

If a slider is officially added, it will need to be balanced, and then it affects the design of the game.
    Make the default what they balance around and let the player decide if they want it higher and accept the issues that may come with that. I truly cannot understand why people are so paranoid about possibly giving players a choice when it comes to anything in this game.
  10. BigFat

The slider idea isn't viable. It fundamentally breaks the game if too many lords die. This is exactly what mods should be for.

TW already gives you the ability to change the game however you want.
    Hence why you up the speed of aging, or even just the speed of coming to adult age, to even it out. Relying on modders is lazy, if they don't want it to be functional then it just shouldn't have been included.

I agree with this logic -too often players ask for sliders for everything
    I bring up sliders because that is what they have set a precedent for when adding things. I agree with your suggestion, I made a post with a very similar idea in the past. However, suggestions have to be realistically achievable by the devs or they're just wishful thinking, though it seems even sliders are too much.
    I take no issue the idea of sliders though even at the risk of making something too easy/too difficult. Set the default death chance to whatever they want and let the player decide if they want more. In a game where the early/mid game are the most fun and end game is a repetitive drag, I don't see a downside to having the endgame "break" from lack of lords anyway to be honest.
  11. BigFat

A slider would be great. I'd also be ok with just upping the % and speeding up character aging. The dynasty system itself is underutilized because by the time they come of age the game is nearly done in many cases. I want people to level skills faster, die more often, and have kids come of age quicker.
  12. BigFat

Is This Game Dead?

Why is this one of the popular threads?
    One lira has been deposited in your account.
  13. BigFat

Bring back the old troop assignment system

I think they need to add on to pre-deployment and have an option to move specific troop types instead of just sorting icons, Of course they should also work on the icons too because as is it often doesn't work for many troop types because they have similar load outs. It would solve a lot of complaint if in addition to sorting the player could just pull out specific types and amount into a group, preferably with the game remembering this so you don't have to do it every battle.

They're not going to just add back party sorting, or if they did it would still get over ruled by the pre-deployment. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they add it back but it get's overruled by the pre-deployment if you have more then 1 party under you, Which, for most player will be most of the game.

They want this system because of armies. Armies may have any type of unit and you would have no way to sort them from your party. Sure, it very possible to clear the map with just 1 party, but most players will use armies for most of the game.
    That's true, though even in an army setting I would appreciate more direct control of my where my own units are. It's a shame to build anything around armies because I've really grown to dislike them and would prefer the old marshals system instead but that's neither here nor there.
  14. BigFat

Bring back the old troop assignment system

The ability to actually deploy your army before every battle was such a requested feature and is such a massive QOL upgrade that I'm amazed (but also not, knowing this place) that people are making threads like these ignoring it.

Yeah, it would be nice they put back the old assignment system but just wow people. I understand if you were someone who used the old assignment system meticulously and it unfortunate it had to be removed to support the new system, but the new system is clearly worth it. Right? I mean I would 100% trade the ability to assign groups to numbered formations in the menu for the ability to lay out my army before the battle. Personally, it feels like a no brainer.
    It's not even a quality of life improvement lol. You will spend waaaay more time "meticulously" trying to get the awful sorting system to actually sort things even close to how you'd like them and the thing is that these two systems don't need to be mutually exclusive. There is zero reason that the manual formation number cannot exist along with prebattle deployment. The idea of "prebattle deployment" is good, TW's implementation of "prebattle deployment" is bad.
  15. BigFat

Voice over - is it adding anything?

I do agree some of them sound pretty bad, others are passable. Still inferior to just reading it and giving them a voice in my head.
Back
Top Bottom