Recent content by big.tim

1. big.tim

MP Musket Era Modern Anglo-Zulu War 1879 *WIP*

wow looks extremely cool, good luck with this :smile:
  2. big.tim

SP Antiquity [WB] troy-mod (no public alpha)

John Felton said:
    Too bad when people start a mod, do it to half, and then just leave it.

Maybe because hes busy?
    Anyway rgcotl im back message me if you need any research doing, im watching troy right now so any weapon ideas too, consult me  :smile:

3. big.tim

SP Medieval Fantasy Robin Hood (1193 A.D.)

i understand what you mean i hate that too, what id love to do though, is wait for a column of the sheriffs cavalry in sherewood and me and my men take them all out in one volley, that my friend would possibly make my gaming year :razz:
  4. big.tim

the party thing is a good idea with in the outlaws. and there has to be cavalry as otherwise the sheriff of Nottingham would have no chance against my longbow  :razz: 
  5. big.tim

hi,
    dont worry englishman that exact same thing happened to me on my first post, you just have to learn the hard way on this forum :razz:
    Cheers
  6. big.tim

hi,
    Rcgotl i am away at the moment but im working on and researching the troop trees,
    ive come to the conclusion that the trojan troop tree should be based around the trojan horse and the trojan archers.

ill work it out for you, in the mean time i also think a good idea for another faction would be the Dardinians who are a brother city state to troy. or the Thracians who are a more well known barbarian Tribe. as for the amazons they are great but i can pick out a couple of things historicly inaccurate such as the double ended spear although extremely cool  :razz: they wouldn't have used those. But to be honest the amazons are famous for their archery so she should at least be holding a bow. anyway cheers i might not reply for a couple of days.
    Cheers :grin:
  7. big.tim

SP Antiquity [WB] SUMO PARS - STARTING OVER

hi,
    i have an Ancient British shield (replica) and i just covered the rim with leather.
    im pretty sure thats what the romans did too as it only takes a couple of hours with the right equipment.
    cheers! :grin: :grin:
  8. big.tim

ill do some research for you guys if you need it, i am already very knowledgeable about the Romans  :razz:

anyway PM me if you still need a hand :grin:
    Cheers! 
  9. big.tim

SP Other [WB] Defenders of the Great Spirit (help welcome)

hey i know i havnt helped but can i test this?

i am involved with a couple of other mods so i know what im talking about when describing bugs
    Cheers!  :grin:
  10. big.tim

The tustedo wasnt used by the Trojans.
    so it would be a bad idea to try and give them one  :???:

a shield wall which has already been made is more realistic and easier to use.
  11. big.tim

that sounds like a good idea, not necessary a tortoise but a shield wall anyway thats a good idea :smile:
  12. big.tim

the 300 was an example  :roll:. And the shields were not smaller in fact the opposite the trojans used tower shields which were like a Roman Sanctum but larger. and the  and the phalax wouldnt really have been used as much since men went into battle as individuals seeking glory. but yes i dont disagree with you that it works, it was a great formation for its time  :grin:

Cheers  :smile:
  13. big.tim

they already use their spears like they are supposed to! a phalax wouldnt have been able to be as tight as it is in the 300.
    And btw rgcotl Great Textures!
    And i agree the whole right breast thing doesnt sound correct. but tbh if i was a woman, and there was a way i could get around chopping one of my breasts off id probably do it  :lol:
  14. big.tim

i literally discovered this mod good job  :grin:
    im thinking that a german Sword would normally consist of antler, bone and horn for the handle, + the iron wouldn't be great Quality. the roman sparthas i dont think had the grooves in the middle of the blade, they are from later periods.
    Cheers :grin:
Back
Top Bottom