Recent content by BerserK

1. Disabling skills

Like SPD_Phoenix explained there WILL be some bunch of people who will ignore fact that there is no horses and so on.. Many times in real life some people surprised me in situation where I think no one would make some kind of mistake and they do it.

What goes for horses. On horseback, even when its set to hardest I can kill very large army by my own. On foot its not that easy and battle is more strategic.
  2. Disabling skills

So what I want is to make mod without horses. I have already removed horses from troops and merchants all around the game. Now I want to remove riding and horse archery from character skills. As I open module.skills.py I see: # The effects of these skills can only be removed if the skill is...
  3. SP Tutorial World Map Creating new spawn points/parties

If you have nothing to do and are willing to help people, maybe start some kind of code dictionary. As it goes for me, I rather then just copy some code and paste it, want to know how it works, so I could understand it better and generate my own ideas. It really helps, specially in beginning when you know almost nothing but the info in module system tutorial.
  4. SP Tutorial World Map Creating new spawn points/parties

Thanks Ruthven. So (lt,":num_parties",14), checks for how much that kind of party's is on map and add them back to this number what is 14 in this case?
  5. SP Tutorial World Map Creating new spawn points/parties

Great to see people contributing in info :smile: It would be great if you could add some explanation to other of your code like you did in module_parties.py code. And for my personal interest, do you know everything about this part (trp_sea_raider,5,50)? I mean how it really works.. for example when I start game I have never seen party with maximum soldiers, but when my character grows it seem to grow with it and with larger level I never seen party with small numbers.

Also (lt,":num_parties",14), .. how this works? Is that a number of maximum that kind of party on map? Am I right?

Also, I think its better to write in hear to make it more informative then start new thread, how do you make some party spawn after some given time, like 5 ingame days?

And again thanks for great work on helping people :smile:
  6. three basic modding questions

Hmm, I see you all use NP++. I am currently using NP2 and it works very good. Is there something NP++ does better when working with module system?
  7. Do YOU want to make your own mod? Look here. (Outdated)

Banners works for me, thanks Jubal. This combined with armors who have banner color gives to game a new taste and I can play without troop names showing over their head.
  8. Few questions

Hello. I was wondering how and where did you make few things. 1. Where did you make enemy party's drop unique items. In which file its defined? 2. How do you make that your hero party gives you all their gold? In which file its defined? Would be very great to get answers for this so I could...
  9. Suggestions Thread

Sorry then :smile: I downloaded it but have not tested it till the big fights ..

About items, The Last Days on version .808 had some good looking items. I remember they had dragon helm, armor and shield which where very nice made. And bunch of other items. It could make a good unique item for this mode :smile:
  10. Suggestions Thread

Some of my ideas.
    * I love the thing that you make each faction looking different. I would love to play this game without having friendly troops a name over their heads. Wouldn't it be more easy and better to make some armors with tabards and change their colors and emblem for every faction?

* I used this idea in my own mod, I made a NPC that teaches my heroes weapon skills for gold, so they would get better and wouldn't stay in their low weapon skill levels. Also I added a XP seller for them. They worked as "HERO FIGHTING TEACHERS" or something :grin: ..

* What I love in this game is to battle in the arena .. As I see in hear the reward of winning fight is changed, if you win first time you get 360, then 290 .. till you get only 150 or something, whats up with that :grin: ? Also would be nice to equip weapons before arena battle like to have bow two-handed sword or sword and shield or lance and shield with horse or something like it. Also could decide what your team have. Also numbers of warriors per team could be adjusted before it starts :smile:

* Another idea is about the slaves. They do small profit in M&B, you could do something to change it.. like for example:
    1. Add a NPC who could be a mine owner, you have to buy that mine from him and then you can palace your slaves there, and after each weak you could get a profit from it what differs how many slaves are there :smile:
    2. You could add them (or to have % that they will stay or run away) to your villages and work there for you and get money from it.
    3. This is a big one. Use slaves in castles. Like give them in castles as castle slaves. And allow to upgrade a castle. For upgrading player should need some amount of cash, and amount of slaves. After upgrade slaves could be set free or something to make it more difficult. For this you would have to make some castles, one better then another, what would be like upgrades, where the opposite force have more difficult way to make the way to your casstle or make their loss in troops more larger without making new castle models.

* Add something like golden bar or such item to caravan drop after the battle so if you win them you get some bounty in the end :grin: or add more cash reward after a battle.

*Also about money in this version. If you own a village then you gain much profit from it, so after that you can easy buy everything what you want. I think it could be harder, so you could adjust item prices and make them more expensive, or lower money you get from village.

I know some off the stuff could be very hard to make, specially with the castles, but its just my ideas I share. BoW is my favorite mode since I am playing :smile: Thanks for your work on it and good luck in future.
  11. towns and factions.

Hello. I would like to make mod without any small towns and with only 2 factions which where in version 0.808. I want game map to look more like it is on version 0.808. Also would like to take off all the heroes walking around. With this new module system I don't know where to start, when I...
  12. Im new and gobsmacked

Yeah, this is great game :smile: I wonder what it could do if it would be made as MMORPG. I played 4 months Native mode and only then discovered that there are many new mods and that I can even mod something myself. This gives chance to make this game look more like you wanted it to look. And there are great community in this forum too. I have found answers to all my questions and people helped me to make my own mod the way I want it to be :smile:

I am happy that this project is going forwards and developers are making some upgrades and new game versions. Maybe in future they will make this game go online and that would take lot of gamers to this game. Nice to see new faces joining this community.
  13. .894 Bug list

I am very sorry if this is already posted somewhere. So I seen a bug which really makes battles boring ..
    + When I attacked some lords party they sometimes go and stand wait for me on some higher places. Their archers goes in forward and starts to shoot when I go near them. All I have to do is to ride around them with horse, their cavalry don't move and I am simply killing them one by one .. No one is stopping me from the back .. I dunno is this a bag or what but it makes game easy and I single handedly have killed kings party with 100 and more soldiers ..
    + The drop of items is very low, troops don't drop normal armors or other items even when I fight them without any friendly party on my side .. Is this right ?
  14. some questions :)

Don't think something what I can think out will be good for someone else :smile: I am newbie in making mods and have very few ideas :smile: And I can't realise most of them .. But if I will discover something good I will let everyone know it :smile: I am not greedy ..
  15. some questions :)

Thanks allot, I think I will use this for now till someone thinks out something better :smile: Big thanks :smile:
Back
Top Bottom