Recent content by Beron

1. Dev Blog 15/10/19

Deer said:
    Beron said:
    Reuven said:
    Deer said:
    Would also be interesting with a shock-effect from getting flanked or hit by heavy cavalry
    That would be good, like in Total War.

but this is all the important Thing about manouvering, and it's missing  :sad:
    what is the Point of outflanking, or Managing a charge from behind, if it does not affect morale?!

without an influence of flanking on morale , all goes down to: higher killing, higher morale, so you just have to have the best troops, and rush them straight on. Is it fun?  :facepalm:

and what About Fatigue? and lower/higher gorund? and surprise if hidden troops jump at you from a forest?

@ Callum: sorry for the rant, but do you see any Chance of implementing a morale modifier which depends on being flanked? it cannot be so difficult, total war has it since 20 years, shadow of the horned rat evn longer…
    the other Points, like Fatigue/lower Ground/surprise, any Chance? Maybe by modding?

I disagree. There are tons of reasons for manouvering: shooting them in the back, hitting them in the back (shield is only facing forward), hammering through on chargers to break up a tight formation from the rear. Uhh, lancing them in the back.. Positioning counts, already did back in MB1

Ok, but even if you have some Advantages, it is far from being a key factor for Winning a battle. You get some kills, but you don't route the enemy.

Like Reuven (I think?) did, I would take again total war as an example: very accurate thinking at the beginning of the battle, but then very fast thinking as the Engagement ensued was required to get the best position, to Keep your army facing the enemy, to Keep your archers safe, to get the best out of the melee. You typically had a Missile battle where you were trying to catch the enemy skirmischer with your cavlry and avoiding to get yours killed by the enemy mounted units, your were choosing carefully the Quality of the Units you were engaging, trying to Keep the best for the last melee, which often enough was started after the cavalry got bogged down by another and you send more and more in to win the local Engagement, which become the main one… engaging the strategic reserve at the Right Point and moment during the main melee was most of the time critical to win the battle. Keeping your line straight and compact was also critical: often enough you were Winning by protecting your flanks well and by puncturing the enemy line, sending your last reserve through it and terrorising the rest of the enemy Units by running your last available cavalry behind the tired and depleted enemy infantry line.

and this is, up to my Knowledge, as realistic as it can get in a medieval war-game.

those were Long, tiring, but terribly beautyful games… sometimes with 4vs4 generals and lot of troops on the field.

All this by commanding your troops ON THE FIELD, by entering the melee at the crucial Moment and killing with your Hand the enemy king :smile: I know what you are thinking, this is M&B after all, not total war... but one can have BOTH :wink:

IMHO it makes lot of fun MORE to have a more realistic morale System. Or a Chance to trigger it :smile:
  2. Dev Blog 15/10/19

Reuven said:
    Deer said:
    Would also be interesting with a shock-effect from getting flanked or hit by heavy cavalry
    That would be good, like in Total War.

but this is all the important Thing about manouvering, and it's missing  :sad:
    what is the Point of outflanking, or Managing a charge from behind, if it does not affect morale?!

without an influence of flanking on morale , all goes down to: higher killing, higher morale, so you just have to have the best troops, and rush them straight on. Is it fun?  :facepalm:

and what About Fatigue? and lower/higher gorund? and surprise if hidden troops jump at you from a forest?

@ Callum: sorry for the rant, but do you see any Chance of implementing a morale modifier which depends on being flanked? it cannot be so difficult, total war has it since 20 years, shadow of the horned rat evn longer…
    the other Points, like Fatigue/lower Ground/surprise, any Chance? Maybe by modding?
  3. Dev Blog 12/09/19

it has become a Kind of addction… where is my Dosis?! wheeeeere???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  4. Dev Blog 23/05/19

gentlemen/women, I did not read all the Posts, only some of the firsts and of the last...

so... it is game People. I am waiting for it since 7 years, as well as the most of you.
    when it is out, I will BUY it, and I will Play it. And hopefully i will enjoy it... Until then… there are still a lot of funny Things to do, aren't there?  :mrgreen: some of them should be more fun than "the Blog" (ops sorry TW  :mrgreen:)
    until then just Play other games and take it easy.
  5. Dev Blog 15/03/18

hi,

a couple of questions.

- about the commander mode (now "battle" mode, right?): do we have there a "morale" system? meaning, do the bots of a certain unit panick and flee if outnumbered / flanked / attacked from behind / exhausted / decimated / commander dead? (and differently if elite, vets, recruits, Farmers, and so on)
    here a good morale system is a must, both in SP and in MP, otherwise there is no point in tactics on the battlefield.

- can you play as a hero, inside a division or independent? player characthers are not influenced by morale effects, I would assume.

- how do you choose the commander in MP? is there a votation system before the battle?

- one thing which should be a must is the option to completely remove the bots: it should then come down to the warband battle system, plus eventually the divisional and the absolute commander... is it available? so it would also mean: no bots, no respawn (aka permanent death). Make lots of people happy, methinks.
    @ community: if yes... then is like the old one.. or am I missing something?

I am looking forward to this mode, a totalwar-game like feeling with much, much more Immersion and the Chance to actually break some heads by your own  :mrgreen: ... and hopefully still a way to play it "the old way"  :wink:

ciao
  6. 6v6 mode, multiple lives?

I will love the Bannerlord new battle (or commander') MP mode: you get a sort of Totalwar Feeling, but with a much, much deeper Immersion.

here my question: do the bots have morale in the commander mode, in SP as well than in MP? I could not find this queastion here, but if being encircled, flanked, tired and having had losses do not panick the troops and bring them to flee the battlefield, tactics will be extremely lame and boring...

I hope a morale system ( and a tyring as well ) is included also for the commander mode (now it is battle mode...) :smile:

But I also want to sign the document "please give us the old battle System as well". It is the "heart" of MP warband, good things shouldn't get lost.

Kind regards.
  7. Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition - Open Beta (Steam) - Update Patch 22/07/15

I downloaded from Taleworlds directly, version Viking Conquest 2.0 ... it is shown as reforged edition in the launch-screen, is it the final version then?
  8. Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition - Open Beta (Steam) - Update Patch 22/07/15

well, then is out also for non-steam players!  :grin:
    downloading...  :ohdear:
    2 minutes left  :mrgreen:
    disappearing from the real world  :twisted:
  9. Reforged Edition news: Join Multiplayer (starting Friday)

i don't have the steam version  :cry:
  10. Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition (Lastest features added, page 1) - 31/05/2015

I have finished my exams round about 15 years ago  :mrgreen:
    give it to me
    give it to me
    GIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    :grin:
  11. Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition (Lastest features added, page 1) - 31/05/2015

SomeHairyGuy said:
    Got a chuckle out of that. Gotta be a troll.  :lol:
    :lol:

thank you guys, i never doubted modders would make a simply great product. And for the few money I paid, I got already tons of fun.
    I am looking forward to the reforge!
  12. VC Completed warlords MP mode: let's test it!

nop  :grin: thx a lot for for the server btw  :mrgreen:

anyway, unfortunately it switched again to battle, I have just checked... do you know why it happens?

best regards,
    Beron
  13. VC Completed warlords MP mode: let's test it!

Jordan_The_Noble said:
    Server is now live, if it decides to revert back to Battle send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Edit: Also seems to be limited to 39 slots, I'll fix it later.

Another edit: Server is located in Paris. We'll be hosting servers in Quebec, Canada soon with pretty good connection to whole of east coast and most of mid.

Hey,

I have already pmailed Jordan yesterday, unfortunately the server is still at mode: Battle, this since at least four days. If anybody knows how to contact him otherwise, please tell him. Thanks!

regards,
    Beron
  14. VC Completed warlords MP mode: let's test it!

Jordan_The_Noble said:
    Server is now live, if it decides to revert back to Battle send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Edit: Also seems to be limited to 39 slots, I'll fix it later.

Another edit: Server is located in Paris. We'll be hosting servers in Quebec, Canada soon with pretty good connection to whole of east coast and most of mid.

great! I am not able to play until mid next week, but I think others will be eager to test it :mrgreen:
  15. modalitá MULTIPLAYER: Warlords Battle

ah, non sono riuscito a giocare, scusa  :oops:

si, penso che limito i giocatori a max 8 (o max 6), e riduco i bot a 50 / parte

stasera mi piacerebbe, ma non so se posso, inoltre il pc mi fa dei strani crash quando sono su windows  :shock:
    PERÓ, attenzione:
    Jordan_The_Noble said:
    Kingdom of Mercia are working on a 24/7 server for the game mode. Should be up within 24 hours.

peró se vogliamo provare il gioco "fra pochi intimi" posso provare a hostare di nuovo : posto qui se apro il server, da domani sera ho ospiti per una settimana.

ciauz!
Back
Top Bottom