Recent content by belzasar

1. belzasar

Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

It's going to be 9 years after Bannerlords first announcement.

Over one year since EA release.

And it feels to me like a repainted nerfed down and cut off Warband - a MVP. A pretty, bad copy.
    It's not only the notification log history that is lacking - it's so much..
    Sure, combat is kinda fun (AI aside), but what do i fight for?
    Where is the sandbox? To me, "sandbox" means handing out playground and the tools and then let the player decide when or where he wants to "get involved" or siege or dispose the economic competitors or die trying..(!)
    Where is the innovation? That crafting?! (Charcter portraits are nice)
    Why is it still so full of issues and still so empty of life?
    Where do all these aimless looters come from?
    Are goods actulay consumed or just diffused over the map?
    What exactly is dynamic? Over and over the same quests from the same guys in the same location.. doesn't seem that dynamic to me?
    What happend in those 9 years?
    What have gone wrong?
    What will happen?
    Is there a roadmap?

I care! But can i hope? :/
  2. belzasar

Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

Happy to finaly got the Banner in my hands! Though, after this time, i expected a bit more fleshed out presentation. And i feel like there has been missed out on improvements and extensions of warband features. Though, most screens are an improvement for sure and i haven't seen all the game yet and i'm aware its EA, but some things feel like a downgrade from warband or not sorrowly thought out. Yet.
    Just a few points from me:
    Where is the changelog? I mean a wholesome changelog listing all changes and messages about events and everything presented to me anyway (though, currently i have to pay attention to not miss the info), not that limited log showing up from enter. Options to adjust info?​
    The Messages flashing and spaming up on the screens stern, "trying" to inform me about something, but being far to brief in that, when it comes in bulk. They should be presented more reasonsable readable, reviewable. Could maybe even summed up in a related completion screen. "Quest completed with this and that rewards and relation changes."​
    Will the Encyclopedia get a proper access way, aside from via quest description links or rightclick?​
    Will the Encyclopedia get a convenient "show me on map" button? Not the tracking option but an actual switch to the map and location.​
    On the Heroes pedia page i also miss, which fiefs one governs.​
    Dialog screen should not be exited after a tradescreen involved. Also, with other dialog options not indicating a leave. (Forced "farewell")​
    Trade-screen could be better, if it would be like the Proposal-screen, showing the exchangeing items of each party in the middle. That way one would have a better overview about the trade going on, to better adjust, instead of just reset the whole trade or fiddle around.​
    Also itemvalue could be colored in the list as well, not just on the tooltip. If it's too intrusive on the colorscheme, maybe holding down Alt-key would bring the colors?​
    Prices change while i set the amount, this leads to higher prices the more i buy, which feels counter-intuitive to what one expect. Buying grater amounts usually gives better prices, in the real economy. Prices should be updated after a purchase, have a certain stock threshold, where it's not offered anymore, but available at a changed price, or be shown as a mean for the available stock. Either way, prices should behave more intuitve on trade.​
    Recruitement screen should also give party management options, eg. to recruit a better unit and disband another (eg. for the party-size-cap). Not so fond about the relation tier restricted recruitment, btw. There could be more ways to trade units. Speaking to a partyleader, asking him to exchange some troops for coin; relation induced unwillingness to give them out, thus increase in prices. Who gets the money from recruitments, btw?​
    Villages now offer higher tier units, given the proper relation with that guy, who is asking me to protect him and the village from some thugs.. Those units also don't seem to be factored on a raid. There could have been a trade to train and sell troops - barracks, garissons, wandering mercanaries offering their service. That's what all the soldiers are anyway, swords for hire. Either, trained soldiers shouldn't just come out of a village or they have to actualy be there, and even trained to that point, or comming from somewhere.​
    While a party is raiding, i can't select that party to get info, just by holding down alt-key i know whos raiding there. Parties should be selectable conistently.​
    If i engage a 3rd party raid or battle i just get the option "Don't get involved". Players should always get presented with whatever decision they might want to make. I suspect this is not yet implemented or worked out, for some reason..​
    Dialog trees feel quite empty, with little variation and dynamic referals to circumstances.​
    Picking a more social, diplomatic build for my hero vs a combat oriented one, seem to crave for content. And also leveling on such a build seem quite more difficult. Gaining skill points by running around in battle vs gaining skill by trading, talking, etc...​
    Well, getting to a battle isn't that easy as well. Playing on realistic, i'm only able to get those looters and such only by outmanouvering them against an obstacle. They don't seem to do anything aside from "patroling" aimlessly or preying on the weakened player. I haven't seen they attack anyone, but me. Also the other way, noone seem to be much interested in the looters - they outrun anyone anyway.​
    Why can i still not choose, which units i take with me, eg. in some bandits hideout? It used to be the upper guys in the party order, but even that is not the case.​
    ...(might be continued)​
    There would have been so much potential improvements from warband to here, yet it feels more like a visual conversion.
    I'm sorry to say this, but i see, visuals aside, barely obvious improvements, but left out opportunities. I know, it's EA, but i guess it's mostly featurecomplete at this point, not sure how much improvement on this i can expect..

I don't get it.. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom