Recent content by Because

1. Because

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Aging

My suggestion is related to increase the aging pace, something like reducing the number of days per year, plus making the reducing the heroes’ availability age from 18 to 16, to have kids available faster than now.
    It's weird as that would ruin the game for me. I personally want the game to go so slower. The original leaders and lords at least have a little bit of personality and background. As soon as everyone in the game has the same "so and so is cruel and cautious" as a personality and with zero background it takes what little character there is from the game. I also find the truncated years odd and would prefer that sieges and travelling were slower in terms of time taken to get anywhere/complete a siege so that it would take more days to arrive, but that you moved through those days at a quicker.
    Still I think the chance of my goal happening is substantially less than yours but I do find it fascinating the difference in what people want from this game.
  2. Because

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Vanilla AI has like two things:

Circle on a hill, cav on flank, stay there forever until lost like 10-15+ units
    Charge
    So they get double the options you have if you join an allied army ; )
  3. Because

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

I have another question on top of this... what has happened to the dynamic weight calculations? If we can override them then there's not really any point to them now?
    I never thought there was any point to them in the 1st place.
  4. Because

Belligerent Drunks, Town Bandits, Bodyguards, and Book Sellers...

Personally I quite liked the bodyguard feature, but it only works when they actually had something to guard you against
  5. Because

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Only Najun (the oldest one) looks like you, I'm guessing the other two are still a work in progress? Just wondering what's taking TW so long to make the other two look like your family member, It can't be that hard if they can do it for Najun. Oh well.
    The older brother gets a different name and preset based on the culture that you choose younger siblings are always the same. They would just need to create a name and preset for them for each culture and then assign them based on the players choice of culture at the start.
  6. Because

[Strawpoll] If Taleworlds prepared another game, what you would do ?

Maybe just my perverse sense of humour, but I find it hilarious that there are that many people who would boycott the company, but have nothing better to do than post as much on this forum. I get that you are disappointed and all, but I can't even believe that everyone who is on this forum this much will not be buying the next game when it comes out no matter how butt-hurt they are about the state of Bannerlord. Please though for your own well being if you are going to boycott the company in the future why not start with boycotting the forum now and just do something actually fun and more productive. Plus you could always come back in 5 years time and it might be out of EA and a great game ; )
  7. Because

(2/2) Ideas From A Long Time M&B Player - Discussion is Welcomed

3.1 personally I'd be happier with them fixing the current trait system and ideally having that and your traits and your actions towards them being the thing that impacts most on Nobles interactions with you.
    3.2 I agree, but by having characters as archtypes you'd need to make the quests and dialogue unique/random because as soon as quests or lines got repeated I think it would ruin the immersion to have all archtypes the same.
    3.3c is a great idea, the rest don't add enough to the average game to be worth implementing IMO.
    3.4 Wholehearted yes to everything with the exception of 3.5d as I don't think the outside focus scans and would keep it faction neutral. Love the garden idea especially.
    3.5 Again agreed as a trait rather than a blanket rule would be a great feature and the best way of implementing this issue. Also a good way of giving nobles more personality too.
    3.6 I think the entire concept of smithing as a player clashes with every other element of the game and should be scrapped and replaced by 3.6.i. which is a great idea and I would use. Would be good to apply to armour and ranged weapons even if you couldn't craft them to the same level of detail. If you are going to keep it though I am personally not convinced about the changes you suggest, although they would flesh out the smithing as the focus of a play through, I can't imagine myself every wanting to do that playthrough, so again would rather they devoted their efforts elsewhere.
    4.1 & .2 I am indifferent on
    4.3 Hell yes. Hate fighting in villages and the uncertainty of when you will be in one or not when in the map.
    4.4 Again yes it is a little jarring and would be great for them to fix to give them more of a rabble like approach.
    4.5 Low priority and I can see how they could get hard to balance the more you add, but more options are good.
    4.6 I don't play multiplayer so have no opinion.
    4.7 I'd be happy just being able to drop in as a single player character into someone's campaign/sandbox and help them out, but the fix you suggests seems good too.
    4.8 Agreed, but you'd need to make them a bit better than they currently are to be worth the investment.
    4.10 Agreed cautiously they can be a little dull if you are forced to move around too much in them. Just implementing the gang features better might be a better solution here
    4.11 It would really just serve as a bit more of a random RNG so not bothered personally.
    4.12 Would rather just give them a home town rather than a distinct base, but have that move based on which faction controls it.
    again some great ideas thank you for sharing.
  8. Because

(1/2) Ideas From A Long Time M&B Player - Discussion is Welcomed

Really like 1.9, 1.10 & 2.1 and agree with all points on them.
    1.1The capitals seems a lot of work for limited gain and could be exploited by a player especially with random deployment of them.
    1.2 & 1.3 Impeachments and Coup d'états might add some interest to end games, but to be implemented properly would require an awful lot of work on lord personalities and I'd imagine would be circumvented by players making sensible choices in Lords and just lead to churn and chaos for the AI.
    1.4 seems like masses of detail that would be lost on most players and for limited gain, I think the current more abstract system works well enough and would you tie this in to recruitment as if not it has limited real impact. If you are going to keep track of the number of potential recruits in a place it involves such a major change to the nonstop war and makes snow balling harder to stop as if you can only recruit from your own towns you'll end up at a major disadvantage as you lose more fighting age people and places to recruit them from.
    1.5 seem like masses of detail that would be lost on most players and for limited gain
    1.6 is not too dissimilar from what the encyclopedia and faction page currently do so don't think it's worth the effort.
    1.7 maybe for a DLC but way down the line
    1.8 unless it is assassinate rather than merely a bounty it just doesn't seem worth the effort to implement. It's also something that would be fairly niche use for a player as you would assume the reputation damage would offset the gain of capturing one lord. Also potentially exploitable with the amount of money a player can get.
    2.3 while a nice idea it seems to add a lot of complication to the game and I feel is beyond what TW will be able to achieve and I'd rather they didn't attempt such a complicate new mechanic instead of polishing existing ones. t also feels like a mechanic that could be either a. annoying or b. exploitable
    2.4 while logical in many ways would give the player too many advantages as they would be able to get the most out of it I feel. I would love to be able specify do not raid/attack caravans and defend this area everything else to me is superfluous.
    2.5 This really should be what raiding/village extortion is about IMO and would rather they beefed up that element than adding a new foraging option.

Sorry if this mainly feels dismissive, but you did ask for opinions and I'm sure other will differ with my assessment. Either way thanks for sharing your thoughts it's been good to read such well thought out proposals.
  9. Because

Best way to LvL up Medicine? (1.5.7)

Best way play with death and aging off and for a very, very, very long time fighting lots of losing battles. Essentially it's close to broken and getting it past low hundred nigh on impossible. Alternatively mod it with something like Bannerlord tweaks which lets you apply a multiplier to the XP just on that skill up to 10x vanilla.
  10. Because

Name 3 features you would like to see implemented in the next - not yet started - update / patch !

1. Better relationship system, let us feel that our past action has real importance for the NPC more than 'you are free' stuff... add specific dialog options depending on traits/charm/relationship. I want to be able to have Lords I can count on because of shared outlooks and experiences.
    2. Utilize rebel clans - currently there is no purpose they should exists apart from the single act of rebellion, I liked it when they hung around and stayed at war with whoever they rebelled against. Would be good to have them continue to fight against their old oppressors, but if a town rebels again it should be the same clan that leads the rebellion to stop getting daft amounts of new clans added. Also gives you interesting new options when looking for Lords to recruit.
    3. AI kingdoms offering peace to player faction, would be nice for them to pay us for peace for once. I'd want it tied into peace deals having to be held to for a set period or else a big hit to positive traits (honesty/mercy) which brings us back to point 1.
  11. Because

Custom battle tests (1.5.6): Horse archers are insanely OP & Infantry is pointless

The problem is that in nearly every case, the battlefields in Bannerlord favor the horse archer. There are very, very few tight, clustered maps that limit mobility. As someone who is running a very horse archer heavy army right now, I can attest that battles fought where the engagement begins too close to a village and spawn a village map are living hells for me and my horse archers and I tend to take a massive amount of casualties to both them and my Lancers in this terrain. Infantry would be and is 10x more viable in these fights.
    Agree it's all about terrain. Infantry on an open plain or steppe should get clobbered by HA. Of course the reverse should be true for HA in dense woodland or urban terrain. It's why the dynamic terrain thing will be interesting to see, if the AI will try to pick battlegrounds that benefit their troops it will make battles way more challenging. Even now I try to only engage enemies when the terrain suits my army and would always avoid village combat like the plague.
    If the Ai could factor terrain into when to fight/how to move it would also make sense if terrain modified auto-calc as well. If they can do this sending HA into the dense snow covered woods of Sturgia should be as tricky as it is for the Sturgians to try and compete on the open steppe.
    This would mean that HA would still be OP in the situations where TBH they should be OP, but stop them being able to blindly thrown into any battle. It has to be done for auto calc as well though as most wars will be decided by AI auto calc battles so they need to get these working too.
  12. Because

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

If you think a bunch of entitled kids whining because their sippy cup of milk isn't warm enough is more interesting than the game, more power to you. To me, it feels like I'm at a day care right when nap time is getting ready to start, and all the little brats are crying as loud as possible at the same time.

More interesting....yeah right.

This is what I see...

Safe to say you may also have a point : )
  13. Because

Custom battle tests (1.5.6): Horse archers are insanely OP & Infantry is pointless

While Armour should be tweaked I think applying terrain effects to simulated battles would be a better move as the current cavalry always better doesn't reflect the times that they would have issues. As a player I always try to fight on the appropriate terrain for my force it would be great if the AI did the same and in auto-calc battles it actually made a difference.

I think it would also be good to have nations traits apply a slight benefit in auto calc battles based on the terrain that they predominantly fight in as it would slightly help factions hold to their territory. So give Sturgia a benefit in snow, Aserai a benefit in desserts etc.
  14. Because

In Progress Blacksmith - javelins give too much XP and sell for too much

Yes, they are the next best option, thats true.

Will try out some 2Hander Onlies when my next child becomes full-aged, though.
    XP is based on value which is based on single damage type. If you want to craft a absurdly expensive sword, or polearm pick one with a high slash damage and it will be at javelin levels. The fix I believe is to balance the value of items. The equipment costs for armour, some thrown and ranged weapons are ridiculous currently (you can hire an army of guys for less than it costs you to buy the helmet they are wearing). By reducing these to more realistic levels, the weapons you craft will come down to more reasonable levels of XP and gold.
  15. Because

Resolved 1.5.8 After todays hotfix there is a serious case of black face going on

I'm getting this bug too. No mods. - Also quite a few items are turning up rainbow coloured.

At this point it only appears to be in character/item portraits.

It's only a cosmetic bug lads... Let's not get too dramatic lol
    Maybe being a little dramatic, but it's only because of the graphics that I play Bannerlord rather than Warband as Bannerlords only real advantage over Warband is it's cosmetics.
Back
Top Bottom