Recent content by Baskakov_Dima

1. Join Varangian Guards in a non-RP event on Saturday, 21.08.2021, at 16:30 GMT+0

Thanks for attending, everyone! I hope I'll be able to learn from my mistakes next time and organize the event better. We will probably have another event in ~2 weeks.
  2. Join Varangian Guards in a non-RP event on Saturday, 21.08.2021, at 16:30 GMT+0

Here is our Discord: https://discord.gg/K7D2KVypMv It will also be used for subsequent events of our clan.
  3. Join Varangian Guards in a non-RP event on Saturday, 21.08.2021, at 16:30 GMT+0

The event has been rescheduled for 16:30 so that more players can attend.
  4. Join Varangian Guards in a non-RP event on Saturday, 21.08.2021, at 16:30 GMT+0

My clan, Varangian Guards, is hosting a fun public event. It will take place on August 21st, Saturday, at 16:30 GMT. First, we will play some TDM, then a few rounds of Battle and some scenario rounds. You will see it when you come. :smile: Let's make Vikingr great again. The server is named...
  5. Is module.ini actually misleading where it explains what armor_soak and armor_reduction values do?

Both act as a kind of multiplier and not as directly substracted value. In case of doubt cmpxchg8b is always right.
    Looks like I have misread the original post by cmp. Thanks very much for answering! This is solved.
  6. How powerful should my server be to run a 200/200 Warband server with PW scripts?

I want to start a Persistent Kingdoms server, and I think that it could be a good option for me to rent a virtual private server. However, I also have a spare PC, and I want to know whether it is going to be enough to run what I want. How to understand whether it is enough? What are the...
  7. Is module.ini actually misleading where it explains what armor_soak and armor_reduction values do?

An old post explains in detail how armor prevents incoming damage. This has pretty much nothing to do with damage percentages. In fact, the amount of prevented damage is a sole factor of a few random variables and armor rating: this amount it then subtracted from the amount of damage received...
  8. Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Vornne said:
    Baskakov_Dima said:
    Hello. I am pretty sure it was suggested before, though I didn't find the post. Vanilla animations are very ugly. Yes, they are easily readable, but any video of people mass fighting, feinting etc. using those animations would look dumb.

Have you thought of installing alternative animations, so roleplay looks better? I know that it's possible to make a mini-mod by copying those animations on both the server and client, yes, but I thought that it would be interesting if they would be included in the standard package.
    PW was in early development around the time Papa Lazarou was developing his "combat animation enhancement" mod, and I agreed in principle with some of his ideas and changes, but after trying them out and weighing up both options, I elected not to integrate those combat animations with PW: the main reason being that I didn't want to get bogged down with changing too much at once.
    Well, now if you make a patch with those animations it would hardly be considered "much".

Vornne said:
    I had been involved in testing and discussion during the Warband beta period before full public release, and wanted to concentrate on making a different game mode mostly keeping the Native Warband setting and combat balance; to make the mod more quickly playable, and concentrate the development and discussion on the main features of the mod, rather than try recreate everything from scratch.
    Those animations don't really change balance, they mainly change how the game looks like.
    Vornne said:
    Since then various combat related features and tweaks have been added, though mainly back when PW didn't have publicly available source code, and servers all used the official versions: nowdays just about every server runs a heavily hacked version of PW, often with script changes that they don't have the skill to update or apply themselves, so new module releases would probably be unwelcome, especially with major changes.
    Well, it's people's choice to use the "heavily hacked" versions, but as far as "HCRP" server is now popular, this particular change is likely to be welcome there.
    Overall, the animations by Papa Lazarou just look a lot better, that's it. It's not even a "major" change.
  9. Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Splintert said:
    To no advantage, he won't. Any static animation looks goofy in certain circumstances because Warband combat is not how real combat works even remotely.

You can believe me as I did practice real combat for a while -- alternate animations would help a lot. They won't make the combat really, really like in real life, but way more beatiful than it currently is.
  10. Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Hello. I am pretty sure it was suggested before, though I didn't find the post. Vanilla animations are very ugly. Yes, they are easily readable, but any video of people mass fighting, feinting etc. using those animations would look dumb.

Have you thought of installing alternative animations, so roleplay looks better? I know that it's possible to make a mini-mod by copying those animations on both the server and client, yes, but I thought that it would be interesting if they would be included in the standard package.
  11. How does a units level affect its stats?

I am sorry, but the question still bothers me.

Do troops only get points for being of high level if the game decides that they have less points than they should?
    What if there is a vice versa situation and they have more points than the should?
    Can I just turn this off entirely?
  12. Light & Darkness - Halloween Specials. Single&Multiplayer both! (Nov. 1, 2015)

There is a bug with the ghost horse in singleplayer -- it requires riding 8, which noone has. I fixed it with Morgh's editor, but you should probably fix it in the next version.
  13. How does a units level affect its stats?

Somebody said:
    Level doesn't have anything to do with those things, it's the excess attribute/skill/wpt points being allocated per level when you start a game that has this effect. To mitigate this take a look at how they did the stats for multiplayer troops - give them excess charisma and useless skills so that there are none left to be distributed.

So if unit has randomly distributed attributes if only it has less attributes than it would have with such a level, and the same way with skills and wpf?
  14. Enhanced (stronger) zoom

The_dragon said:
    Final answer: yes. You will get banned if you try to use it on a server (or kicked... don't remember).
    VAC banned or what?
  15. Enhanced (stronger) zoom

Now a final question -- will it be considered a cheat officially?
Back
Top Bottom