1. Baronsworth

INT Captain Completed Captain's League Season 2

Join up boys, it's good fun.
  2. Baronsworth

Radial menu only to issue orders?

alright awesome, good to know :smile:
  3. Baronsworth

Radial menu only to issue orders?

This is the worst update ever guys, literally ruined the game for me. I understand you want to appeal to gamepad players and I agree, I think its a great idea, but you should give us the option to switch between the old command menu and this new command wheel one. Please do it ASAP.
  4. Baronsworth

1.5.3 RIP Horse archers

Agreed. Horse archers now suck. Archers suck. Spam shock infantry and win.

Maybe just make a separate balance for each multiplayer mode? ?Because at this rate you aren't pleasing anyone and just upsetting everyone.
  5. Baronsworth

Should the class system stay for PVP modes.

Class system works for captains, maybe skirmish. In the rest of the modes, not so much.
  6. Baronsworth

Captain mode got it's final deathblow dealt with 1.5. Faction balance is completely skewed still, instead of 2 superior factions and 1 completely useless one, we now have 3 superior factions, 2 useless ones and one that's barely usable.

With shock buffed the only real comps are either 1 shield 5 shock, or 6 shock. Archers used to be a pretty hard counter to shock units, but now that's gone with the archer AI not being able to use bows due to new combat parameters. Cavalry AI was always bad, but with 1.5 they don't even use their lances anymore. Menavlions are not used by menavs units if they have a sword in hand, which means palatine guards are almost useless, and taking a sword on menav units (even if completely stupid) is now a death sentence to the whole unit.

Throwing weapons are also useless because of the same combat parameters that ruined archers, which leads to how skirmishers were always a useless class in captain, just as well as peasant units (discounting Warriors with improved armor and 2h axe, which is more powerful than Berserkers as a choice, and peasant before the billhook got nerfed). The only factions that could make use of the peasant units AS peasant units were Battania, and Khuzait, (battania being the worst lost useless faction out of the 6) and even those only when you could draw the right team comp out of the opposing team, and pulling them in a spot where they could be easily overwhelmed.

Captain has been in shambles for a long time, but the recent changes have made it near unplayable. The community has nesrly died in the span of the last 4 or so weeks that we have been playing this latest patch.

Basically this.
  7. Baronsworth

6 months into EA and devs still do not understand what ruins their game.

This comes off as incessant whining and not particularly helpful criticism. They just launched a big patch with a lot of fixes that players had been requesting.

The issue seems to be your understanding of the development cycle and the amount of time it takes to actually produce content or make changes.

They've done a lot of good work and obviously they will continue working on it.

The glory days of Warband were the result of many, many years of effort. We're still in early access as you mentioned. The developers are listening, many of the changes for 1.5 were the result of extensive criticism from the forums.

But if we are really passionate about M&B and are sincere with our concerns, we should strive to provide constructive criticism in a way that is not derogatory, condescending, or useless.

I agree, in a few years time, this game will be probably legendary, in part due to the amazing modding community. But now it's kind of a mess, at least the MP access. I am lenient because it is, after all, early access. But the things needed to solve MP are just very simple fixes.

They should focus on Captain's Mode instead of skirmish. They haven't given us a single map for CM since launch. In CM premade classes make sense. They are fixing archery and ranged combat, so let's see how that turns out. But they need to really give the mode more love, ranked mode, MANY more maps, a reason to play other than little badges that count for nothing.

But for what they call "skirmish" they should just let people choose their equipment based on gold, the good ol' magic formula. Also, battle mode needs to happen soon.

With this simple advice they could pick their game up from the ground. Let's hope they listen.
  8. Baronsworth

Your combat system is retarded

Lol the combat is amazing, just gotta git gud
  9. Baronsworth

Vote Kick Option plz

Can we get a vote kick option for multiplayer matches? It would be cool if we can kick toxic/non-cooperative players that ruin matches for us from the team.
  10. Baronsworth

Mounted Warrior

This class is a complete joke. They are really, really bad. They should maybe get a slight buff, or at least make the infantry of Battania decent enough to be able to afford such a bad cav unit. For now, Battania is just unviable as a faction in MP for the most part.
  11. Baronsworth

Recruit

I don't see the point of this class. They are quite useless in a melee, and bad at being a javelin class. Give them the better shields perk, and the improved armor perk, and they might be able to serve as a cannon-fodder front-line class like the other T1's.
  12. Baronsworth

Berserker

Berserker used to be awesome, then they got a hard nerf and now the 2-handed warriors are much better, both in terms of armor and damage output, berserkers just don't pack enough punch to justify taking them over the 2h warriors. They used to be fine the way they were before the nerf, really embodying the viking bloodlust and rage filled warrior archetype. Now they are just lackluster.
  13. Baronsworth

Savage

For some reason, it doesn't stand up to other shock troops in a melee scuffle. I like how they are fast, makes sense since they are practically naked. They need more firepower though, I think, like a glass cannon: dies easily but delivers good punishment. This would make it a viable option and maybe help balance Battania, which now is commonly regarded as the weakest faction by far, at least in Captain's Mode.
  14. Baronsworth

Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

I am the person you are mentioning and we are already working on most of the items provided by the Captain's League community.
    To summarize the list provided

1. New Maps ✅
    2. Ranged AI Improvements ✅
    3. Separate Balance for Captain Mode - Needs a bit more time for a proper solution
    4. Melee AI weapon selection improvements ✅
    5. Mirror Match outfits are too similar - Being discussed
    6. More class variety and perk options for Captain Mode - Needs a bit more time for a proper solution
    7. Win Rate Balance ✅ - We will make more aggressive and frequent adjustments
    8. Flag position Adjustments - Forwarded to Map designers
    9. New formations - Maybe Later
    10. Ranged weapons and arrows should deal more damage to shields - Rejected

Thanks for the reply @AVRC. Glad to see that you are looking into this. Not on that list you showed, though, is a very important point: do something about Battania.

By the way...I did not support that number 10 on the list. Frankly I have no idea how that made it onto the list, lol. Cheers.
Back
Top Bottom