Recent content by Banok

1. Banok

Release Plans

hyped!
  2. Banok

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Thanks so much patch looks amazing.

In the past I've always loved gaming communities where developers reply to people. But the absolute state of half the posts on this forum these days - I'd prefer they didn't waste their time/breath. I think forums are outdated with no system to downvote ****posts to the bottom.
  3. Banok

Death Camera

Hi guys I got madvaders camera working with kt0's code on battle continuation. HOWEVER one huge oversight I dont see discussed is that you cannot retreat when enemies are near your body, thus you cannot ever lose a battle with this code and continue that save. I figured out a bandaid fix to...
  4. Banok

Resolved Cursor Flickering in menus and world map.

It's an exe file because that is easiest to distribute. Reminder that you should never download .exe files the internet, but here you go:

Thank you so much, I tried bunch of things including lasso but this wonderfile instantly worked. bless you sir

edit: just read the above post but hey even if it is fixed with new drivers I really appreciate you.
  5. Banok

[BL] Post & Find Mod Ideas

I just want a mod that removes character creation options in favour of letting the player have complete freedom in allocating stats and attributes to their play-style. I always hated these options in every iteration of warband I ever played.

I imagine it would be simply a case of finding which file the starting bonuses are added to the player, reducing those to 0, then finding where the base unspent skills/attributes are pumping those up to an equivalent amount. (for example right now you always have 1 unspent skill-point when you start).

The biggest barrier to making mods in taleworld games for me is finding the right bloody file to begin with, for some reason the naming conventions are way more obtuse, I could usually eventually find whatever I wanted to edit in total war due to more common sense naming of db entries.

Additonally it might be nice if this unalloacted skills/attributes at level 1 was also the same for companions, so you had complete control over their perks and could pick them based on asthetics/roleplay rather than preallocated/randomly-generated function.
  6. Banok

SP Native Unit Stat Fixes Updated for 1.2.0

Great job, but bit embarrassing that taleworlds still havent done even a basic balance pass on unit stats/equipment themselves after several patches. You would think given TW size it is someone in turkey's actually job to balance troop stats and yet surely nobody is so completely incompetent.

anyway I would like to add that legionaries (and triarii) are equipped with pila. In multiplayer you can throw this weapon, but I equipped one in SP version 1.1 and cannot swap to throwing mode. I've never seen a legionaire throw one, they just use as short ****ty spears. Easiest fix is probably to just replace with a proper spear, or give them javelins instead like principes.

PS: if pila have 1 ammo like in MP, then they are probably much worse than javelins as throwing weapons anyway.

edit 1.3 beta:
    They fixed alot in 1.3.0 but still left alot broken, dunno why they didn't just look through gunteraz's well documented patch notes. Persisting issues in this build: legionairies(+triarii) should have t5 polearms considering they have PA skill and previous unit has t4 polearm. fian champs should have t5 2h not t4 1h. oathsworn still has more riding than althletics. khans guard still missing 2nd steppe arrows for item 3. vet falx now how 2h skill when needs polearm skill (ironic? is this ur fault gunteraz?). A fix to just these only is here, sure there are alot more to things to fix.
  7. Banok

SP Dark Ages TRYZNA

This is the sort historical mod bannerlord is perfect for. Can't wait to play a realistic black sea mod.

personally would have called in black sea 838 ad or something so its 100% clear when and where it is set.
  8. Banok

Save Game Editor / Convertor

Hi all,

converting a save from two native versions has removed my minister completely. (it put the companion back in the tavern, and you need a minister to change minister)

anyone know if I can ever get a new one? otherwise its kind of savegame-breaking.
  9. Banok

SP Medieval [WB] Deeds of Arms and Chivalry

Seek n Destroy said:
    Heraldic banners and lances with pennons (heraldic or simple colours):

20200109192319_1.jpg
    20200109191904_1.jpg
    20200109190610_1.jpg
    20200109190532_1.jpg

Lovely. One thing I really want for this mod is better battle maps. The units are looking amazing but look at he backgrounds  :ohdear:, plus many these native lumpy battle scenes make are bad gameplay.
  10. Banok

SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

Antonis said:
    Banok said:
    my only nitpick is the boots shouldnt have heels  :razz:

And that can be questioned, too. I mean, heels on boots were a pretty old thing in real life. Iirc, the Bactrian or Persian cavalry in antiquity had those, maybe even someone before them, too. Plus, since the LotR is "medieval" fantasy, we can't really say that boots don't have heels, right?  :razz:

Yeah its a silly thing to object to for sure in a fantasy game, when there are much more flagrant unrealisms. but it just looks really modern to my eyes, like I could buy what that rhun soldiers wearing on my highstreet today. Whereas I wish I could buy cool medieval shoes I see in other mods on the high street  :lol:
  11. Banok

SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

Those 3d armour/weapons models look fantastic.

my only nitpick is the boots shouldnt have heels  :razz:
  12. Banok

SP Medieval [WB] Deeds of Arms and Chivalry

I've been very occasionally checking Khamu's profile on this forums in wait for this and now found it  :party:

Great timing to start a new campaign, as my VC replay was getting fairly stale once wessex were asking me for peace :/

Personally I prefer a more historical focus rather than the quests. I think the engine shines when the focus is emergent game-play and replay-ability, other engines do handcrafted storytelling lightyears better.
  13. Banok

Sturgia - Make up your mind about this faction.

Sturgia is one of the more historically authentic factions in my eyes, battania are clearly more of a so called "mish-mash" with the dacian falx and irish fiann. theres no president at all for that, yet there is nordic influence in kiev rus as has been stated. Ireland & balkans are (were) "celtic" but these two influences are much further geographically and chronologically.
  14. Banok

Modding VC: basic tutorials and Q&A thread

kalarhan said:
    Banok said:
    "game_get_party_companion_limit"

^

80 and 40 are the bonus for towns/castles.

Super helpful Kalarhan, thanks.

My other question is about how to change limit to garrison sizes.

If I understand correctly "party_templates" (PT) determines which troops garrisons get ie. 4 to 8 trp_norse.

then "cf_reinforce_party -1" in scripts will determine when party/garrison is reinforced, and presumably which PT. but is this within a limit? what is the limit set in VC for villages, castles towns?
  15. Banok

Modding VC: basic tutorials and Q&A thread

Does anyone know how to edit the bonus to party size in VC from owning fiefs?

or which file it is in? ie scripts "game_get_party_companion_limit -1" / "party_get_ideal_size -1"
Back
Top Bottom