Recent content by Banastre

1. Banastre

[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Here's hoping you get permission! 1866 made me reinstall M&B again, and even without Warband's fancier features it still holds up amazingly well.

A suggestion: would it be possible for you to add more "walkers" and guards to towns and (especially) saloons? Villages as well. It'd definitely make things feel more lively, even though settlements already feel more active than vanilla.
  2. Banastre

[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

I wonder if a "cut off" point could reasonably exist for mod permissions. 1866 hasn't been worked on for up to 8 years, and yellowmosquito hasn't visited the forums in five months, at one point even having been away for over a year. I'd doubt that permission even needs given for a submod that relies on a pre-existing mod, such as yours, and for other projects I feel as if some leeway should be given as to uploading mods using 1866's content. If it isn't being developed any further (that we know of) and its developers aren't around to be asked for permission, at that point I feel it should be considered abandonware and open to free public usage and redistribution.
  3. Banastre

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Khamukkamu said:
    I use that option cause I personally don't have the time to enjoy the mod as it was originally designed. I have time to play for let's say 200 game days, not the 500 that the game is designed for.

However, I do feel that maybe it should be at around 1.5x current rate. But that is my opinion :smile:

I second that. No shame in using the "cheat" Influence options here.  :razz: I do think x2 is a little too much, and 1.5x would be more reasonable. That and reducing influence costs for non-reward item uses. Until the war counciling is ironed out and generals won't just abandon the siege right after they start it, those are a waste of 35 points usually.

RothgarWarband said:
    One other minor bug / annoyance.  For some reason when I use the F1 twice and hold F1 to bring up the Flag positioning to tell groups to hold position in a certain spot they will run way way far away from where I told them to stand.  I use it alot and it did work before in this mod.  Not sure what changed.  Sometimes it seemed to work but especially like Cavalry group would end up like all the way to the back wall behind me when I would tell them to stand to the side a little ways away.

It's related to the Formations AI. It does that mostly on the new/beta AI and sometimes on the original. Honestly I just turn it back to Native most of the time. It's too buggy for my tastes and troops break formation when they charge anyway.
  4. Banastre

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Will the next version still require WSE?
  5. Banastre

Mr.Milker said:
    it doesn't fit.

I mean, there are quite a few references to bandits, thugs, ruffians, and criminals across the source material. I understand though if it's not something planned for inclusion.

I recall some time ago that the Troop Editor as-is is somewhat bugged due to the ported nature of the mod. I'm not sure if that was ever fixed, but how would one go about modifying the Troop trees the right way?
  6. Banastre

Been a while since I checked this out. Loving 3.5 so far. A long time ago I came up with a rebalancing mod of my own, and whille I don't really do much modmaking anymore, it seems some of the updates since then pretty much fit into what I'd wanted anyway. Still, one thing I'd like to see for the sake of breaking up monotony is to see Human and Dwarf bandits, ruffians, deserters, and the like in roving parties. It gets boring killing Tribal Orcs over and over again in my opinion, and having the presence of tough outlaws and thugs to fight would spice up the variety, I feel!
  7. Banastre

Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Honved said:
    The version for WB is the same as the latest version for the original game (and still just as incomplete in a couple of instances), adapted for WB, as far as I know.

Not necessarily. The differences between the old .9.4 and the "final" one are vast. While the "final" version does have some missing spots, it's much more finished than the previous version, and now it also has all of Warband's engine improvements. Nightly patches are also coming out to further add on content or fix bugs.
  8. Banastre

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

On a note not related to faction balance, are high-tier horses supposed to be so expensive? I remember seeing a Stubborn Plated Warhorse of some kind in Lannisport and it cost 30,500 gold. That doesn't seem quite right given the prices of other high-tier gear.

After doing a lot of testing as well, I think I'm seeing where the unbalance with the Westerlands lies, army composition and garrisons. AI army compositions have always been incredibly difficult to work with, and for whatever reason the majority of Westerlands armies consist of around 60-75% medium-tier infantry. Reach armies consist of around 60-80% high-tier cavalry, especially Heavy Knights and Knights. Combined with the fact that Reach armies tend to be larger, they have higher numbers and better troops against fewer numbers and worse troops. Right now I think cavalry are a bit overpowered anyway (fight against Dothraki and you'll see what I mean) and even spear and pike infantry can't fight cav worth a damn, so this may need to be looked at. This army composition is the most likely culprit in my mind, as I've seen dozens upon dozens of Reach armies fit this bill completely. As stated above by myself and others, army numbers also seem off. Most Westerlands lords have sub-90 troops, while most Reach lords have over 100 troops in their armies. King Lannister rides around with 220 men, while Lord Tyrell rides with 330-350.

The Westerlands actually isn't too bad at fighting the Stormlands, as Stormlands lords tend to have army compositions of 60-75% medium-tier infantry as well. In one-on-one battles, Westerlands infantry seem quite good, while their archers and cavalry are poor. As I said though, cavalry all around is overpowered right now, and with the Reach having armies where over half the troops are elite cavalry, they dominate the battlefield against the Westerlands and other foes. That may be how it is in the books, but it is quite frustrating that in general there is no counter to cavalry right now in the game, which may be because attack speed bonuses are too high on horseback. Just flank them yourself and hope you can dismount them before they kill your troops, because your troops are powerless to fight them.

Additionally, Westerlands garrisons are wonky by comparison to the Reach's. Reach cities tend to have 350-450 troops garrisoning them, and castles and forts have 120-230 troops. Westerlands cities tend to have 200-300 troops garrisoning them, and castles and forts have 100-180 troops. There may be some number discrepancies in the reinf_kingdom parties for the Westerlands, as lower garrisons basically leave them at a massive disadvantage to all factions. Reach Pikeman, the standard Reach soldier and most common garrison unit, is also greatly superior to Westerlands Men-at-Arms in combat. Try breaking into a Reach city and fighting your way out. Even with damage on its lowest it's impossible.

Lannisport has become my game's Verdun 3.0. Every other day it's besieged by either 1500 Stormlands troops or 1600 Reach troops, taken, then the Westerlands retakes it, and the cycle repeats indefinitely. However, one thing is constant: the Westerlands is fighting a static, losing war. We can't permanently hold any ground because of low garrisons and small armies.
  9. Banastre

I also wanted to say that I really, really like the random events on the map. Hopefully Bannerlord will have a similar feature. Will more be added in future updates?

As others have pointed out as well, I'd like to again stress how brutal it is to play with the Westerlands, almost unfairly so. Currently we're getting double-teamed by the Stormlands and Reach, and in particular the Reach seems to have superiority in both numbers and troop quality. Westerlands lords are getting absolutely annihilated left and right. It's become a chore to fight the Reach and every time I've got to set Friendly/Self damage to the lowest settings, otherwise one Heavy Reach Knight can cut through 40 of my soldiers without taking a scratch.

I like asymmetrical battles, and I'm not super familiar with lore so it's entirely possible that the Westerlands does this terribly in the books, but that doesn't make for fun gameplay. No faction should feel completely and utterly pointless to play, but the Westerlands does, and I'm not alone in thinking this. Your units are inferior to your opponents', Reach and Stormlands lords always have larger armies than your lords, and even your "special" unit, Lannisport Spearmen, are abhorrently useless in combat.
  10. Banastre

Another observation after 200 or so days of a campaign: Dothraki units are pretty damn overpowered. When Dothraki lords defect to other factions they bring with them armies of 160-200 men that are entirely cavalry. Even outnumbered they slaughter my troops and the troops of my allies, despite having no armor and only light horses. They're nearly impossible to fight, even with spear and pike units.

In addition, I agree with what others are saying about the Westerlands and their inability to defend their cities. When I travel through their territory I regularly see 500-1000 troops of The Reach and Stormlands there, constantly sieging Lannisport and capturing Westerlands lords. I joined the Westerlands to see if I could change this, and even though I and the other lords regularly annihilate hundreds upon hundreds of troops, Reach and Stormlands lords are back sieging Lannisport and burning Westerlands villages almost on the same day. The most grievous example is when my own village was raided. At Dawn, I went there and destroyed the Reach lord's army of 85 men that was attacking it. At Midnight it was being raided by the exact same lord with an army of 93. This has happened many more times since with different lords and different Westerlands villages and cities. Not in vanilla nor in any other mod have I seen AI armies respawn this fast, though it seems like the Westerlands lords take longer to spawn in and do so with fewer troops most of the time. 

Westerlands in general may need some kind of buff, because without player intervention they have absolutely no chance of winning a single battle, let alone the war.
  11. Banastre

VlkaFenryka said:
    Are the Westerlands and Iron Islands supposed to declare war on Volantis when the qevir khalasar shows up? Seems odd, but keeps happening despite me restarting.

I also have a problem with the Iron Islands and Volantis constantly declaring war on each other and other factions, making peace a few days later, then declaring war again. Most interesting is the fact that the Iron Islands were destroyed in-game months ago, yet still keep declaring war.
  12. Banastre

I love the mod so far but am noticing several units, especially lower-tier cavalry, spawning with just shields and no weapons. Wedding Guests also spawn with no shoes, though this might be intentional. It just looks odd.
  13. Banastre

Tried Calradia in Darkness myself and I gotta say that it's absolutely perfect for the mod. It definitely should be added by default.

I also recommend adding this OSP pack. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=299774.0
  14. Banastre

bMwqtlR.jpg

Found a bug with a bandit lair quest. Got script errors when I asked him for a task and couldn't click away or leave the dialogue window.
  15. Banastre

Speaking of The Last Days, I'd love to see the injury system brought over along with companion and player permadeath. It fits Warhammer perfectly.

I've also noticed that the newest Hotfix breaks text displays, such as Damage Reports and casualty notifications. They don't appear.
Back
Top Bottom