Recent content by Ba18070

1. Polearm swing speeds and assorted suggestions

Additional points:

More complex tactical options would actually be nice, that could be set/trained outside of big field battles. Such as "x number of spear, pike and polearm units intersperse with the archers to make cavalry rundowns a lot less appealing, while the rest go with shields and short two handers to fight the other infantry"
    Or
    "set defensive stakes/deploy caltrops around x and y sides"

Its definitely something to look at after early access is over, not asking for it right away, just think it would be good for the game as a whole. As far as I can tell the development technologically is set somewhere between 1100-1200 AD as they're just on the cusp of full plate armor but not quite there yet. So trying to keep tactical development somewhat period accurate and not getting into the realm of things like true combined arms i.e. tercios is important too.
  2. Polearm swing speeds and assorted suggestions

Hi, I feel that the swing speeds on some polearms are severely imbalanced and keeping them back. For instance a swordstaff is just a steel head on a pole,should be relatively thin and light. A voulge head is a thick piece of metal, probably 5-6x the weight of the swordstaff head. I can get a...
  3. Arrow barrels not working

Massive siege at husn fulq, standing on the battlements with my noble bow, fire off my 60 arrows and then run to the arrow barrel. Not allowed to pick them up. Stand there mashing F for a while, prompt never shows up. I am now out of arrows, and I cant command my troops to give me some because...
  4. Khuzaits aren't OP, everyone else just sucks (culture perks, troop trees, & equipment)

Its amusing that in the early middle ages they had this exact "Nerf archers" conversation when they tried to get the pope to ban crossbows lol
  5. Weird gear pieces on troops

Yeah sometimes you get some really weird setups like a guy in tier 5 armor with tier 1 gloves, or an elite cav unit whose backup weapon is tier one.

They really just need to redo it.
  6. NPC Celebrates , Upgrade all the troops , Recruit all the prisoners , Clan Parties , Clan members and send troops

I mean, because of the branching paths they cant really do "upgrade all" but currently you can hold down shift to do 5 at a time and control to do all of a certain kind at once.
  7. Pre-battle party screen lock is unreasonable

I mean I understand if they want to say that "its too late to upgrade" or "You cant get the prisoners equipped in time" sure. But not being able to tell my companions what formation to go in is completely ridiculous.
  8. Who would like to have a Siege ''load out'' similar to civilan load out ?

Just today I was thinking about how equipment loadouts would be wonderful so that you could create pre-made save states.
    Lets say I have a hero "Ed" who is 175 Bow, 150 Riding, 150 polearm skill.
    It would be nice to be able to have one set that put him on foot with a bow, two quivers and automatically slotted him into the ranged formation.
    Another set that put him on an imperial charger with a couch lance, shield and javelins and the heavy cav formation
    Another still that put him on a Aserai horse, Bill, bow, quivers and horse archer formation.

Because right now its a lot of different switches to flip to get your guys working correctly, when if you were actually commanding a solider and said "right ed you're with the archers today" he would know exactly what equipment to put on, where to go and who to go with instead of me having to hold his hand like a toddler every step until he's where he should be. I like versatility in my formations, and it seems that its actively discouraged by some of the mechanical processes the game takes.
  9. Pre-battle party screen lock is unreasonable

Hi, So like the title says, when you're lined up for a battle- field, siege, etc. and have the choice to send troops, attack, etc. you are not allowed to access the party screen. This seems strange. You can't make reasonable decisions like pressing willing captive soldiers into action to fill...
Top Bottom