Recent content by Azsouth

1. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

when you ask the high lords or kings of Westeros about yourself as a claimant, after their indignation they say something like "well let me tell you this" or something and the next screen only has a number.

When Aegon lands sometimes he only declares war on one faction (for me it's Dragonstone), once he's declared on the Reach and Dragonstone, but the Stormlands if they are still around (post Renly death) they ignore as well as the Westerlands, seems odd to me considering The Westerlands usually still has Kings Landing and most of the Crownlands. Usually it's just three war declarations on the same faction. Dorne declares on the Reach, Dragonstone, Stormlands, and the Westerlands which makes sense.
  2. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

reiksmarshal said:
    7.1 is an excellent version thank you! Just a little feedback from a couple games I have played-

Wildfire - The wildfire that is gained from the quest is bugged and does 0 damage, when used I get a bunch of red error text. Same thing happened on both characters I played on this version.

Kingslanding garrison - Kingslanding is still falling a little too easy and their garrison often has less troops then other faction capitals, I would add more gold cloaks for sure. This is really an immersion breaker when Kingslanding falls the first 30 days which it did in both play throughs I have done on this version. I make the garrison at least 600 maybe even more like 900- 100. The current 350 is way too weak.

Heartsbane - the new heartsbane is way too small at 99 and is shorter then some arming swords, this was my but now I just stick to a master crafted great sword that has the 157 length which is superior.

Horse armor - At 35 it seems a bit weak for plate armor maybe that would be a good baseline for mail but plate would be nice if it mirrored the plate armor value 70-80 range. With a price tag of 35k they go down way too easy.

Great Helm - The great helm that is awarded to you when you found your own kingdom is a bit weak at 51 and is not a good option when you can get helmets that are 55 protection that are reinforced, I would just make them 55 protection since the text says they are reinforced when you pay for them.     

Valyrian weapons - They are good but would awesome if they were a little better, these are the late game weapons that are hard to get but are often outclassed by weapons like the two handed war hammers or the bastard swords do to length and utility while mounted. I would make two hand versions crush through blocks and longer so they are better then war hammers and halberds. I would even consider making all Valyrian weapons faster and crush through blocks otherwise they are really not much of an upgrade.

I agree with the Valyrian steel stuff, it's not worth getting any of the special weapons when you can simply buy a masterwork or balanced whatever to take it's slot. I'd like to add that there's only one town (Hull) in which two sets of armor spawn (the Dragonstone Household Guard Plate Armor and the Targaryan Armour) and of those two only the Targaryen armour I'v seen as the "Reinforced" or top tier version, the Houshold Guard one w/ the black and gold I'v never seen above the basic, also idk if it's by design but Gold Clock armor is never top tier/reinforced, it's always either "thick" or lower

some battles end early for whatever reason and have to be continued which sometimes leads to a C++ crash, even while the enemies are spawning just randomly during the battle it will end and have to start again, sometimes you can face 2,000 guys without a problem, other times it auto-stops when facing off against 400-500 guys and leaves you only a few to kill in the second battle.

is there a way to prevent the peasant bug where the party gets your character? I'v done several runs where I don't aid peasants at all and still numerous parties spring up when they survive an engagement with my guy and end up holding up some huge rebel parties sometimes. I usually join the bandits side for those and kill my own character but then I have 0 health after the battle and idk if another party just spawns from the town where that one had come from with my character again.

once you take Kings Landing can you recruit Gold Cloaks or are you stuck with the 50 you capture and offer to join your side?
  3. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

not sure if it's been mentioned yet but Lord Uthor Tollett when defeated and you have the opportunity to capture him says he has disgraced the Lord of Light, think he follows the Seven.
  4. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Lannisport sieging is broken/unplayable. if you have to go fight in the streets you will 100% of the time get a runtime error, after the first phase of the siege. that will crash your game to the desktop. also this seems to happen during duskendale sieges as well, frequently enough to warrant a save before attacking the city, but usually after at least one crash you can successfully siege it. I'v been trying to screenshot the error message but for some reason the ctrl+ins doesn't work and the windows button + print screen is apparently to big for this site to handle.
  5. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Sergio_Morozov said:
    EDIT: More scene bugs.
    Grassfield keep is a "tower" siege, but the scene is "ladder" siege.

not sure if you mentioned it already but Rosby has the same issue, also not sure about if there is wood piles and if they get stuck on them
  6. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

small suggestion, as a result of the red wedding maybe Smalljon Umber, Ser Wendel Manderly and Robin Flint get removed also as they where casualties of the event as well also maybe add a quest where Lord Mallister brings Maege Mormont and Galbart Glover to Greywater watch, revealing a new northern lord and giving Jon a quest where the player can either convince him to stay at the wall or proclaim himself King of the North and renew the war with the Boltons
  7. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

also why does Tywin have this many rivals? more than half I don't blame him for but his own son, brother-in-law/cousin and nephew-in-law/cousin (the Lannisters)? The guy was all about the greatness of his family and in my game half of them are fighting for the Reach, also Gregor Clegane is there, the guy who is probably the most loyal in the show and books who's sigil is a dog, apparently mans best friend (I have one but prefer cats) and he's fighting for the Reach as well. Also, a pic of Jaime who's rival to his father and book best friend for lolz.

I would try and fix this by making all vassals +50 relations with their liege lord at the start of the game that way it degrades or goes up from there, if this isn't already the case. In the books it seems most bannerman to any lord are fiercely loyal until their liege lord does something stupid like breaking a political marriage vow for love/duty, or cutting off the head of the leader of the family, or killing the bannerman of your lord trying to defend their religious shrine then imprisoning that lord. Can't really think of any examples of Lords that just flip to different factions because they just don't like the leader anymore, maybe some of the riverlords who where forced to bend the knee after Robb was killed instead of fighting with the Blackfish, or the Reach lords that sided with Stannis after Renly's death?
  8. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

could we maybe get an overhaul on the Lords of Dragonstone? Most of their starting lords are tools, Both Estermonts and Axell are the worst tempered with Monford Velaryon, Justin Massey, Corbin Bar Emmon, and Desmund Staunton all starting at 0 with the relation not being affected by honor or anything. Then when you kill Renly Dragonstone gets more great lords like Lester Morrigen, Boros Cafferton, Ronnet Connington, Bryce Caron and for some reason King Stannis always prefers to give keeps to all these lords listed, even after just having killed Renly and saying they are all marked. In my game I kill Renly and tell Stannis and immediately he wants to give a keep to his "friend" Lord Lester Morrigen...what!? Also when a lord defects to Dragonstone for some reason King Stannis always wants to give them a keep strait away instead of maybe just a village and keeping his eye on the guy because he's know to be disloyal.

some suggestions: add Sweetport Sound as a keep on the island near Massey's Hook, add Ser Hubbard Rambton and Lord Guncer Sunglass as well as age up and add Lord Lycos Chyttering also maybe add Lord Robin Peasebury, Ser Richard Horpe, Ser Rolland Storm, Ser Gilbert or Godry Farring, and Ser Imry Florent all as lords that aren't flaky and care about honor. Also change Ser Andrew Estermont's attitude to that based on honor, he did smuggle Edric Storm out defying his king. Please re-add Ser Guyard Morrigan to the Stormlands, the siege of Kings Landing obviously hasn't happened yet so he is still alive and important enough that he led the vanguard.

The sept of Dragonstone hadn't been burned yet so maybe add a quest where the player can help Stannis, just before Stannis declares himself King, where Stannis can either be tolerant and not kill Ser Hubbard Rambton and Lord Guncer Sunglass (ya he didn't die at that point but better than having the Queen burn him later) who defend the sept and keep them as vassals, or if he chooses to allow the burning of the sept both vassals die and disappear from the game, but Lord Harwood Fell, Lord Alester Florent, and Lord Elwood Meadows, Lord Mullendore, and both Fossoway branches (not sure if both are represented) defect to Stannis.

Also maybe have Salladore Saan as an invisible buff to the lords of Dragonstone that they don't suffer morale penalties or lose money while at sea like the player does, same for being sword to the Ironborn and Sisters just because of their culture rather than a sellsale.

just a few thoughts.
  9. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

minor but annoying but, is when you go into mod options and turn off all fog and cloud effects or whatever and set them to 0 (the three options), as soon as you go into another town or talk to someone those effects are back, usually at 90-100. This has been in every version of the game but it would be nice if it hasn't already been looked at, for someone to finally fix it.
  10. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

possible minor bug: I think they are friends in the books
  11. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

7.1 is probably the best version of this mod since v1.1 in my opinion, it's held my attention a lot longer than I thought it would. That being said these are the things I find offputting about the mod in it's current form.

Issues since then I guess:
    The smaller map: is kind of annoying but I get why it was changed, to get the North involved, at the time Cozur also eviscerated all the factions removing tons of lords and keeps. I feel with how cluttered the smaller map is, you could revert back to the bigger one and have plenty of room to place fiefs.

Color: it seems like the color was taken right out of the game, all heraldry is dirty and dark, all equipment looks like it has had a coating of mud put on it. Our perception of the medieval time-period is that it was dull and gloomy but color did exist then, also this is a fantasy and there was certainly color on the show, if not, then Pod outside Kings Landing when the Dornish arrived would have just said "I don't know my Lord, grey banner followed by grey banner followed by another grey banner."

Siege Time: why with 10 engineering is it taking me what feels like a week to siege something? the other faction has taken three things in that single attempt. Please make it a reasonable amount of time instead of this, I'd say sieges should take a day at most maybe, idk.

Loot: so we got these new loot options, whats the point of having companions with inventory slots anymore if the leftovers can't be picked up by them? I suppose you could loot everything then manually give your companions stuff to hold but that seems like a massive sink of time.

Defeated in battle: why do I have to play as a random soldier instead of switching to a companion? Why can't you choose to have companions lead anymore?

Equipment: not having Lordly armour kind of sucks, also the diverse "top end" gear is not as good as Full Reinforced Plate Armour so no matter what if you want the best your stuff w/ a choice of two, the adjustment from v1.1 to v7.1 is kind of confusing as well but can be figured out in time, still trying to figure out what weapons are best other than two handed mace (which looks like the old Coldbringer) Masterwork Greatsword and Masterwork Bastard Sword. Really miss and would like to see back in the game Bonebreaker, maybe as a special valyrian steel axe you can get through a quest, which brings up another point, the Valyrian Steel weapon from Mott is really bad compared to all the other swords a person can choose, maybe make it so if you get all the daggers you can customize the sword to be a greatsword or bastard sword or something with different reaches and stats to swing and slash or whatever depending on what you pick.

Misc bugs that can be fixed and have been pointed out.
  12. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Jona22 said:
    locochombok said:
    I have my own faction, and since dragonstone is being obliterated by qohor, stormlands and the reach, i wanted to save stannis, i talk to him and he gave me the quest, i have captured renly too, but also, i don't have to option with stannis to kill him, meanwhile he is my prisioner, hope he doesn't scape.
    Azsouth said:
    I captured Renly for the crowned stag quest but I'm not getting the option to kill him when I talk to him, am I doing something wrong? I'm not sworn to any faction nor do I have a holding or anything if that matters.

I think you have to be a Vassel of Dragonstone to execute Renly. Ive watched Reformist on youtube. He is a Vassel of Dragonstone and he had the option to execute him.
    Might be a Bug.

if the quest is receivable as a merc or independent warband shouldn't you have the option to kill him to complete the given quest? if you couldn't get the quest because you weren't in the faction that would make sense but making the quest available for anyone then not allowing people to finish it is kind of cruel if it's intentional.
  13. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I captured Renly for the crowned stag quest but I'm not getting the option to kill him when I talk to him, am I doing something wrong? I'm not sworn to any faction nor do I have a holding or anything if that matters.
  14. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

is the disappeared quest bugged? (starts in the northern flint keep, goes to Highpoint), says to check out the abandoned village near Highpoint, think it's called, Omsform or something, when I seem to discover all the 200 exp checkpoints and the chest nothing happens, I'v been over just about every inch of the village and not getting prompted for the quest to advance or anything that says "you have successfully explored X area". If you try to ride out of the immediate village you hit invisible walls on all sides, it's a claustrophobic scene, so idk if/how I could have missed anything if it's not bugged.
  15. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

is there a way to add a Lord Paramount system where if you conquer more than 1 kingdom and assign vassals to it you can just pick one of them to control the regions? Would also mean another Marshal to capture land for you.

Also, I still play 1.0 because I personally find it to be the best version, I am wondering if there is a way to add in stuff like the new quests (three of the existing ones are bugged in that version as well) the explore-able locations and experience for meeting guild masters and village elders, the newer (cleaner, where random bush or small rock doesn't stop your charging horse) battle maps, new armours, and added/updated castle/town names, locations, and scenes, as well as assigning some of the existing lords to the correct factions (think some Tyroshi guys belong to Volantis or something) and updating those Essosi lords to canon (think a lot where placeholders), as well as keeping all the existing stuff (like lances). I like the size of the old map, the many lords and towns/castles, and Lordly armour as well as other things and would like to play a version w/ the 1.0 stuff (before the downsize and deletion of towns and castles and downgrades to some towns) with merged features from the newer updates.
Back
Top Bottom