Recent content by AwareWolf

1. Economy Changes with 1.8 and onwards

No, while sounding good in theory it will create new issues. First of this means TW needs to develope the system that units, that consume beer will have a "debuff" > +2,3 years dev time. Then TW needs to give the player control over food consumption like which unit is allowed to eat which food > + 4,5 years dev time. And the profit isn´t really there for it. Just a tedious system. I mean I would just avoid alcohol in this case, it´s not needed to get a good bonus so...
    No, the entire party consumes the beverages just like normal unless it is sold or destroyed before party consumption. I am going to write a mod that tests this. As stated in other posts I am a C# tools programmer, it's my profession so this should be a trivial task. Gotta check the API and see where this can be modified. That is all.
  2. Smithing haggling mechanics

Hello!
    Though about a possibility of upgrading the smithing feature in bannerlord:
    When doing orders for notables, the base price of the item should be 50-60% of the current item prices, and after finishing the order a player can have the possibility to enter in a haggling dialogue with the notable (like a persuasion check) and there the player can set the price up to the currently displayed values for items (maybe current prices + 10% for critical successes).
    Passing the haggling checks also improves the player's trade skill, faliling the haggling checks halves the price of the item and causes the player to loose the reputation with the notable.

Whad do you think - sound interesting?
    I like this. I also think that we should be able to equip our generic troops, essentially giving us the ability to change their class - doing so would come with a penalty - make items that are made poorly potentially break in battle.
  3. Proposed solutions for crafting and weapon/armour economy.

A simple system is better in my opinion they way they tied it to XP is just a mess. They should just unlock parts based on weapon tier you are smelting. Smelt a tier 2 one hand sword then you have a chance(%) to unlock a tier 2 part. The greater your smithing skill the greater the chance to unlock. They need to nerf the amount of crafting materials received from items it should have some RNG not set values. The majority of crafting XP should be coming from finally crafting a weapon after salvaging enough parts and unlocking from smelting. Coal needs to become a resource mined from a few villages. Seems stupid if no one has coal. Finally your crafting level vs the level of item should be some sort of success calculation. For example if the item is level 100 and I am only level 5 I should only have a 5% to craft the weapon to prevent speed leveling the skill with low smithing level characters. If you do fail to craft item it should be destroyed not just -1 damage or some lame penalty. This will make some risk/reward when crafting high tier expensive items and thus can no longer be used as money printer and make the purpose of crafting to have that custom weapon you want to use in battle.

I doubt anyone from taleworlds will read this let alone take any of this into consideration but I thought id throw it in the mix..
    I agree with this. Coal is certainly a resource that is much need as this would be used at forge for smelting and forging. I also think that there should be a cost to use a forge that is not your own - essentially this would mean you are paying more than just stamina to increase your smithing skill.

Items that are not made properly should either be destroyed, or potentially break in battle. Equipping items to generic troops should be allowed. If they are equipped with items that are not found in their area of expertise, there would be penalties. Quality of life feature for equipping generic troops based on type would be nice too.
  4. Proposed solutions for crafting and weapon/armour economy.

I like the crafting system, I just wish it wasn't garbage. I think it can be saved though
    I think it can be as well. I've worked as a tools programmer in the industry and I just got the development kit, so I'm take a crack it in my free time.
  5. Economy Changes with 1.8 and onwards

Party consuming certain things [alcoholic beverages like beer and wine] should impact troop efficacy - their morale should get even more of a boost, but their ability to perform in combat should be impaired. Archers should be effected most as consuming alcohol would effect their aim.
Back
Top Bottom