Recent content by askarmc

1. Thoughts on how to spice up the Khuzaits visual roster

Banners are already coming and I just wanted to propose for Khuzait banners the prototype of gok turks banner with wolf head and strips at the back with the banner below it looks more interesting and unique.
    Reconstruction of gok turks banner
  2. Why is Sturgia so desperately poor? (1.4.1)

You are right, Kievian Rus was principality of slavic tribes and nordic settlers/traders. Yet this doesn't mean they were vikings as you want them to be. Vikings are sea riders in the north-west part of the map.
    Honestly saying Vikings, Normans, Varyags, in the west or east are almost the same people. Vikings in the west were not only riders, they tried as trading and settling so riding, depending on surcumstances (vikings of the west were not only riders, there are a lot of proofs for that). The picture of sever barbarians were artificially created by western christians however slavs in the east were pagans as vikings and did not tryed to create an idiology war. However slavs in the East were expirienced of raids and both got benefits of trading. The difference only in the name that scandinavian salorman were received - in west, local people called them vikings and normans. In the east local people called them Variags.
  3. Why is Sturgia so desperately poor? (1.4.1)

no mate, **** history, check the Warband lore and you'll understand better. Sturgians are the precursors of both Varangian and Nords (by mixing). Sturgians mixed with invading Nords, and later on Nords made a full blown invasion taking northern calradia and mingling with it's peoples. In WB Nords are almost pure, but a bit mixed with Battanians and Sturgians. Remaining Sturgians mixed with Battanians and became the Varangir.
    Swadia formed out of Vlandia, while Rhodoks are an offshoot of Vlandia that don't make much sense, though in Warband there are some lame explanations.
    What baffles me is that by following WB lore, that means both Sarranids and Khergit are part of peoples that basically dominated the entirety of the Empire lands (which's irritating, at least to me). The most probable outcome would be that half Empire would be taken by them while the other half would either become something else or be taken by other factions/cultures.

If we want more historically based BL, then they'd have to scrap WB entirely, Vlandians which are mostly "Normans" would have to be geographically located in a different area, never really coming in touch with Sturgians, Khuzait or Aserai. They'd have to have a domating "french-like" culture near them, Battania would have to be in a Island close to Vlandia, Sturgia would have to be wide-spread in wastes with little to no access to shores, Empire would have to have it's "capital" in a strategic choke-point with shores (big port) akin to Constantinople, Aserai and Khuzaits would have to "surround" empire territory sharing borders between them (it's barely like that, they don't actually share borders between them, it's more like they are both between a tip of Empire territory). Rhodoks are kind of the "Italians" so they should be a "proto-rhodok) at the south and not border Vlandia. Maybe even have their own kingdom around that Volcano near Rhotae, but with tons of shores. Aaaaa, I think you get my meaning.
    And we'd still be missing a German culture, a Slavic Culture, a Scandinavian Culture (Nords are not in the game), a Finnish Culture, and a French culture (as I've said), that to give sense to the Geo-Cultural base of the game alone. Because Normans cannot exist without French + Scandinavians, Kievan Rus cannot exist without Slavs + Scandinavians, Rhodoks are basically Italians mixed with something, so on so forth. We either embrace TW's lore or it's simply impossible to make heads and tails of this
    And eventually when you go to make a mission from some lords wife to train her son she will say that her clan came to this land from far north a long years ago. That is not my fantasy or imagination that what i read in the dialogue with game character who was scripted by developer say this story to introduce her family history.
  4. Why is Sturgia so desperately poor? (1.4.1)

no mate, **** history, check the Warband lore and you'll understand better. Sturgians are the precursors of both Varangian and Nords (by mixing). Sturgians mixed with invading Nords, and later on Nords made a full blown invasion taking northern calradia and mingling with it's peoples. In WB Nords are almost pure, but a bit mixed with Battanians and Sturgians. Remaining Sturgians mixed with Battanians and became the Varangir.
    Swadia formed out of Vlandia, while Rhodoks are an offshoot of Vlandia that don't make much sense, though in Warband there are some lame explanations.
    What baffles me is that by following WB lore, that means both Sarranids and Khergit are part of peoples that basically dominated the entirety of the Empire lands (which's irritating, at least to me). The most probable outcome would be that half Empire would be taken by them while the other half would either become something else or be taken by other factions/cultures.

If we want more historically based BL, then they'd have to scrap WB entirely, Vlandians which are mostly "Normans" would have to be geographically located in a different area, never really coming in touch with Sturgians, Khuzait or Aserai. They'd have to have a domating "french-like" culture near them, Battania would have to be in a Island close to Vlandia, Sturgia would have to be wide-spread in wastes with little to no access to shores, Empire would have to have it's "capital" in a strategic choke-point with shores (big port) akin to Constantinople, Aserai and Khuzaits would have to "surround" empire territory sharing borders between them (it's barely like that, they don't actually share borders between them, it's more like they are both between a tip of Empire territory). Rhodoks are kind of the "Italians" so they should be a "proto-rhodok) at the south and not border Vlandia. Maybe even have their own kingdom around that Volcano near Rhotae, but with tons of shores. Aaaaa, I think you get my meaning.
    And we'd still be missing a German culture, a Slavic Culture, a Scandinavian Culture (Nords are not in the game), a Finnish Culture, and a French culture (as I've said), that to give sense to the Geo-Cultural base of the game alone. Because Normans cannot exist without French + Scandinavians, Kievan Rus cannot exist without Slavs + Scandinavians, Rhodoks are basically Italians mixed with something, so on so forth. We either embrace TW's lore or it's simply impossible to make heads and tails of this
    Comon man you are going too deep, I'm talking just about concept all of this factions were based on prototypes from real history. There are a lot of hints on that (architecture, clothes style, name of units - Druzhinnik - Sturgian heavy cavalry from russian means the friend of Knyaz his followers, Keshig - from turkic language means - night guard, Torguud - is a body guard or day guard, Karakhergit - means black khergit, mameluks and so on.) You do not need to be very presice when you making parralels with history, because it's very low, but steel gives a hint who is who. So Sturgians are defently a prototype (visual concept) of Kievan Rus (look at warriors ammunition and armor, variags looks more viking and upgraded sturgian main units tree - looks more like druzhina russian warriors of 9 century). However varyags upgraded into the late stage to Druzhina cavalry again looks like russian havy druzhina cavalry of 9-10 century or even 13 century. So don't tell me that history has no sence here it is the main source of inspiration for the developers.
  5. Why is Sturgia so desperately poor? (1.4.1)

they aren't viking faction
    Yes I know that they are not viking faction in full meaning (it is koncept of Kievan Rus). But if you will revise history Kievan Rus was formed by the rulling clan of Variags (slavic people called vikings - Variags). In historical records slavic tribes accepted Riurik (Rorik - scandinavian name) to unit slavic people and rool them. So in this meaning they have sort of viking enfluance (that is why we see in the game an ultimate sturgian units - variags, looking as vikings).
    Due to this reason I think they should have viking element game play.
    Eventually the developers I hope will give us viking concept faction (may be in DLC who knows?). The Bannerlord series is directly saying that some Sturgia faction lords have come to this lands from far North and they really have viking looking banners of their clan.
  6. SP - General Playing as a bandit leader

O
    It would be great if developers add features allowing to play game as bandit leader or even bandit prince ?

I imagine I am not the first with similar idea.

To make it fun bandits could use bandit influence, but party limit should be reduced by about half (no fun in being bandit with 120 soldiers that can take any lord head on, but would be fun to set ambushes on lords in new battle scenes).

How to make playing a bandit enjoyable:
    1) Add option to create your own hideout. You could walk around it and build developments e.g. building archery range that allows to recruit Bushwackers or stables to recruit horse bandits. Their could be a building tree, so it would be impossible to build every building. Amount of troops possible to recruit would depend on renown. Troops could be bought with bandit influence.
    2) Sneak into towns and fight gang leaders so they start working for you and give you percent of their earnings
    3) Raid caravans and catch villagers
    4) An option to visit other bandit hideouts to sell slaves and buy supplies
    5) Add an option to conquer a bandit hideout and leave your companion in charge to run it in exchange for money. In all hideouts you could recruit bandits
    6) Add a quest board in hideout (as you get famous people would be willing to pay you for your services). Quests to e.g. destroy particular caravan, capture and deliver lord to their enemies, raid particular village (to start war), capture a castle for a kingdom, sneak into town/castle and kidnap daughter of a king to help negotiate peace or kill her to start a war, prison break family members of your employer, murder business associate, steal a famous horse, win archer tournament, retrieve family sword lost in battle, find an old book hidden far away
    7) Spend bandit influence to call forest bandits groups for help
    8 ) Get money from villigers by taking care of tax collectors who visit village to collect money
    9) Killing/humiliating lord with greedy trait will increase relation with villigers of his fiefs and allow to recruit peasants to your band
    10) Helping rightful king ascend to the throne by killing heirs and helping him enter captal keep at night. Leading a charge on surprised guards.
    11) Helping king to wage war for a pardon and reseting your criminal record with their kingdom
    12) Leaving some of your bandits in a village. This would be a source of money income, but would increase your criminal rating.
    13) Lords could put a price on your head. As a result lords would search for you. When impossible to defeat enemy you could disband an army and return to your hideout and start rebuilding your crime empire. When wanted other bandit leaders would attack you and demand to duel you
    14) Help a merchant to control price of resource e.g. velvet. You would need to buy/rob velvet from the area and make sure supply is reduced and he can sell with more profit
    15) Helping minor faction to become major faction
    16) Learning you have a son/daughter. Kidnapping them and raising them
    17) putting a stop to a lord and lady wedding. By kidnapping her or by visiting her and making her run away with you
    18 ) buying a ship and rowing away to discover island with a quest location e.g. Nord village where is an experienced companion who can be persuaded to join you
    19) adding bandit leader to multiplayer and custom battle

What are your ideas? Let's help TW to add interesting content to the game!
    h my friend I have made exactly the same thread! We thinking the same way. Especially about hideouts. They should be as towns or castles in standart gameplay. I would be glad to see that even in seperate DLC.
    Bandit clans fighting each other. Battles with amboushes, thiefing lords daughter to make her a wife and etc. Damn it would be a great alternative scenario in gameplay.
  7. SP - General Bandit gameplay extended

Additionally
    1) if lord wants to keep his land secure from looters and bandits he needs to control the hideouts by putting there a guard. If huge gang of bandits will destroy the guard they can make it their base to expand number of gangs.
    2) we need the roads to control trade traffic by gang groups that could be comanded by members of our clan
    3) marriage can be made by thiefing some lords daughter from the castle.
    There are so many posibilities to extend the game with dark side. I would buy it even in DLC version. Mount and Blade gang leader DLC.
  8. SP - General Bandit gameplay extended

It would be great to have an alternative scenario of game play instead of being good guy to be a bandit with its deep world. 1) when reputation with kingdom is very bad the player could make his base in hideout. Conquer or buy the hideout and use it like a castle but in bandit life. 2) hideout...
  9. SP - General I Love This Game, But Spearmen/Polearm Units In General Need Reworking

I do agree. Love the game and always did and it reaaly needs a lot of emprovements. Actually spearmen for now as on my oppinion almost useles. And the main reason is the main function of them to rpevent desastrous cavalry charge. They realy should be a serious danger but without falanx formation it is almost impossible. We have shield wall but I mean that cavalry should suffer of front charge against spears falanx. Actually cavalry charge in the game is really something meaningless. There is not so many damage for the troops during the cavalry charge. Hope that it will be more meaningful.
  10. Why Sturgia often grows weak, Khuzait often grows strong

Because cavalry is a king of fields!
  11. Why is Sturgia so desperately poor? (1.4.1)

Sturgia is poor because it needs ships to raid the villages and churches. ?‍☠️
  12. The shops in Aserai kingdom are not profitable

Breweries in Askar and Sanala are usually pretty decent, thought this is subject to desert bandit raiding and war
    However!!!
    Horse trading (buying horses in villages and selling them in cities outside the desert area), especially desert horses and Aserai horses from the 3 towns around Askar is super lucrative (the best manual trading I've done), you can usually sell them in Razih and Danustica for a decent profit, but take them to Oc's Hall in Vlandia or Marunath in Battania (pick up hardwood in the 2 towns near Car Banseth to take back as return cargo) for max profitablity Late game Askar is a great place to pick up cheap horses for upgrading your troops as well
    Trading is good but you are talking about manual trading. I'm talking about passive income that makes your welth itself - especially about production part. However it could be that producing goods in Aserai cities made very low because they have good bonus for trading (so told merchant culture) that keeps faction in balance, but it means that war is incredibly unwanted for Aserai cities because caravans will suffer on the way trying to avoid enemy armies.
  13. The shops in Aserai kingdom are not profitable

Playing for hero of aserai culture I wanted to start bussines from shops first and did not charge caravans. And I found out that almost all Aserai cityes are not profitable (most of them has villages with fish, salt, dates and desert horses production that are not used in shops to have margin)...
  14. SP - General Kingdom social events

Additionnaly saw an idea at the forum about the hunting. It could be a great event for lords. Hunting yelk with dogs. Or hunting a fox or wolf as stepp nomadic people do with falcon or eagles. Would be great event and could emprove scouting and archery skills and relationship with lords.
  15. Hunting in Bannerlord

Great idea actually. Hunting with dogs or falcon will be beautiful!
Back
Top Bottom