Recent content by ArturMorhghain

1. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Terrain system, order of battle, and fixed sieges? I imagine tons of work went into this / thanks to the devs for all that work.

I’d taken a break for a while, but with so much here will definitely jump back in.
  2. Is M&B Banerlord EA the weirdest game development experience ever?

I remember the DayZ clone - whose name I don’t even remember- that was definitely a scam and whose devs tried to use copywrited material as their own. And it all came crumbling down.

So nowhere near that.
  3. still having dead perents in sandbox mode

Well your character’s parents will either be alive or dead. Do you want them to be alive, asking you all kinds of incessant questions about why you haven’t stormed the castle yet?
  4. What the hell is my foot battle speed?

You could make this suggestion in the UI suggestion forum. That dev is pretty responsive. This sounds super useful.

I’m not sure if displaying it as “X meters per second” or just as a modification of a base “1” would be most helpful. My brain makes good enough sense of 1 as a base, and then a 2% bonus displayed as 1.02.
  5. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.4

How does marriage work between companion clans and the player clan? Like, is it possible? If the player wants to marry the new companion-lord, does the fief revert back to the player? If a family member marries the new companion-lord, who switches to whose clan?
  6. An idea and poll about Traits.

This makes a lot of sense and feels like it would add a nice bit of positive feedback/reward for the player when undertaking actions. And seems to be easily adopted but I know nothing of the inner workings of games. Really, it feels like it would work a lot better than even how CK2 implemented mostly pre-ordained traits.
  7. Am I the only one who doesn't like the huge battles?

I like big battles, but I wish there could be more than 9 groups. It’s weird to see a gigantic line of AI-controlled infantry maneuver itself into some random cavalry because it’s trying to get parallel to opposing infantry.
  8. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

This.

Really wish the Tactics skill would have more use in actual battles, instead of being so focused on improving the player's performance in simulated battles, which ironically encourages "tactician" builds not to spend any time doing tactics

Agreed. I enjoy the in-battle feedback of leveling up tactics but really, really want it to actually be meaningful in battles.
  9. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

Is one of the devs going to create a thread in the single player forum for feedback/discussion/testing of the AI death rate? I’d guess they did a bunch of testing internally. Maybe it’d be nice to know (for discussion sake) what the expected range of deaths might be. An average rate of anything can be skewed pretty heavily one way or another.
  10. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

The heroes have ~2% death probability. (This is 0 medicine, with 100 medicine it is reduced to 1% and with 200 medicine it's below 0.6%. So having a good surgeon in your party really benefits if you're fighting a lot.) Another effect of the patch is that now the medicine is way more effective in changing death probabilities (e.g. you can achieve 50% reduction with 0 to 100 medicine) (Modified by a 30% wounded penalty, meaning in simulated battles it's about ~30% lower.)

A difference between the player-involved battles can be required to adjust the value. We try to find a way where the number of deaths the player witnesses is not significant but also, it's not so frequent that it creates problems for the sandbox. As always these numbers are tested through long simulations (without the player) taking into account the number of adults etc left. Currently, it's closer to the maximum. Depending on the feedback we will tweak the values.

A situation where the death probability is higher for the player-involved battle and player-related characters(companions and clans) can have two "lives", in their first death it is prompted to the player that the character is deeply wounded and have some sort of debuff (and then dying, if the character dies while deeply wounded". I believe some of our players also had a similar suggestion.

Because we tried to keep it as high as possible for you to witness the deaths of great lords but I believe the randomness can take away from the experience if someone you invested your campaign time in just dies by some random simulation battle in the far corner of the map. Even with the complex multiple lives (or progressive death chance as @AndrewArt suggest, how can we "rest" our companions and lords when other than actively keeping them in our party. Not a nice way to interact with our companions or clan members)

Armor is a nice suggestion and gives them another purpose in the game, I will discuss the survival effect of armor in the game with the team. (However, this would also reduce the probability of death for lords as well, making them a bit meaningless, because other than the player everyone who's killable in the battle is a lord.)

On the second note, we're working on a system to reduce the generation gap between the active members and populate the clans with more balanced populations, with that change, I believe the clan's health will not falter.

Thank you for your feedback.

This is a fantastic bit of info. Thanks for detailing it all. Great to see how medicine is evolving.
  11. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

I’d say let us test it out more before increasing again. You know that many people didn’t like having it up to 10%. I don’t know how I feel about 2% yet.

Maybe it’s best to suggest letting the player have some options and select player battle death rates. You could limit this to sandbox mode only and you wouldn’t have to worry so much about the balance. I’m of the opinion that sandbox mode should be much more customizable and campaign should be the balanced vision that you guys want.

I think this is the only way to make everyone happy

Agree with all of this.
  12. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

Interested to see how the death rate affects the game.
  13. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

Shields health needs to be re-balanced a bit, they have too many hit points for as fast as battles are and rarely get destroyed during battle. I honestly think I preferred Warbands shield balance where each shield had a resistance / armor rating to represent quality of the shield but less health. The shields had lower health but would only take damage above the resistance level. In Bannerlord we got shields with ridiculous health 500+ and is just a crappy system. In battle I want to see shields getting destroyed as it adds to the chaos and immersion with shield splinters flying everywhere from overwhelming force.

Throwing weapons should be devastating to shields like pila and throwing axes, pila should pretty much be a one shot with a chance to hit the troop holding the shield. I have seen test where pila wreck shields and pernitrate them and hit the target with force behind the shield.

We asked for this at one point. And then they updated the throwing weapon damage in a patch! But they then nerfed it several hours later in a hotfix due to “player feedback.”
  14. Base Bannerlord is better than base Warband

Experts agree that the proper scientific word to describe Bannerlord is a "sidegrade".
    Better graphics, clans, deaths and births, and minor stuff like crafting, but less varied gameplay, worse arcadey battles and less meaningful NPC interaction. It's like swapping your girlfriend for a prettier, but dumber one. A win for some, but not for many.

That sounds right.
  15. Having a lieutenant role in your party

Yeah, I don't think it's the same AI. Go down while helping an army and see what your party does vs what your allies in the army do.
    Very different behaviors, the AI in the army has this wave motion where they advance and retreat in a short amount of time while your party just charges, many times getting completely surrounded and crushed while the AI army retreats to do their cycle.

There’s levels to the AI used. It’s “unlockable” for the individual NPC based on their tactical skill. I think there are just three levels, that each get a priority set of commands? A dev described it not too long ago. So it’s possible to see those differences play out.
Back
Top Bottom