Recent content by ArRiad

1. ArRiad

Rus: XIII Century WB open alpha 0.321 [B]

Dankvart said:
    Not sure about your motivation for this change, but it looks strange. Even if its initial location is not known, why can't it stay on the map after 1st visit, like all villages do?

It's a bug, thanks. Mines should have the same behaviour as villages. It'll be corrected later.
    Polish salt mine is now near Krakow (as an illustration of Wieliczka salt mine).
  2. ArRiad

Multimesh with vertex animated mesh

dia151 said:
    Can i have 1 vertex animated mesh, and his mesh with ".1" suffix that would stay the same in all frames(wouldn't have vertex animaton), while the first one would change trough frames normally?

i hope im being clear enough

Yes, of cause. You may have vertex animated "mesh" with different frames and vertex animated "mesh.1" with identical frames. The last will look as it is the same in all frames. But the quantity and times of all frames of both meshes must be the same.

P.S. Old shield's belts were made this way. You may look through the resources.
  3. ArRiad

[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0 (21/07/2013)

Somebody said:
    The face key is a long-ass hex number that can be found in edit mode when you play around with a troop's appearance. You can copy that string from the editor and use it to set a specific NPC's appearance in module_troops, or define a range between which regular troops take on their appearance. Use the face_key_get/set_stuff (added in 1.5) to play around with it once you've retrieved it.

The question was not in what are face keys, but how to use this commands in code.
    For example, I wrote something like
    (troop_get_face_keys, ":face_key_a", "trp_warrior_a")
    and got an error.
    Then I wrote
    (troop_get_face_keys, reg1, "trp_warrior_a")
    and got an error again.
    What code I need to right to work with this commands?
    Thanks.
  4. ArRiad

Hello, guys.

Sorry for a silly question, but could anybody show me, please, some examples of usage of face-related commands like "troop_get_face_keys", "troop_set_face_keys" and others. What is a <face_key_register>, how we can work with it? I wrote some simple code to test the thing and the compiler showed no errors, but in game there were only WSE error warnings and no result.
    Thank you.
  5. ArRiad

cmpxchg8b said:
    I tried and it works fine for me. Have you tried in windowed mode?

Yes of cause.
  6. ArRiad

Hello, cmpxchg8b

Thank you very much for this amazing tool.
    I have a problem with editing locations with WSE. When I press ctrl+E in native WB or a mod without WSE the editing window and editing menu oppens. But if I try to open it in mod with WSE editing menu doesn't oppens - only editing window.

Is it normal? How can I edit scenes in mod with WSE?

P.S. Without WSE all is OK with menu:

7. ArRiad

Mod discussion thread

Soil said:
    I just played the mod again and noticed how horrible the voices for the Germans are... Sorry, but you'll probably be better off using native's war cries instead of the ones being used right now :lol:

It will be better to have good German voices.
    I hope that somebody of Germans will sometime hear this cries and make for us better ones  :grin:
    If you do know somebody who can help with voice acting I'm always ready to give him a gob  :roll:
  8. ArRiad

Mod discussion thread

Vaelius Noctu said:
    Hello,

do you Continue your good work?
    Is there a Rus XIII Mod Planed for Warband?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,119087.msg2888524.html#msg2888524
  9. ArRiad

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hello, all.
    Tell me, please, is it possible to force the game always run in 1st view in battles?
    I can imagine how to temporary disable gk_cam_toggle, but the battle starts from the 3nd view  :???:

Thanks.
  10. ArRiad

+++ Day 400 +++

Almanzor said:
    what they say in the Russian board about next release?

We say that we don't know yet when we'll release the next version.
    We a planning to release an alfa-version of R13 multiplayer for the WB first.
    And then we'll see what to do...
  11. ArRiad

Historical discussion thread

Turkeus said:
    I noticed in my game that the Crusader Caravans have a lot of these Chinese Volunteer and Chinese Soldier units in them. I was wondering if it was supposed to be like that or if that is a bug?

Yes it was a bug and it's fixed yet.
  12. ArRiad

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hello all.
    Tell me, please, how I can found in multiplayer what item my troop is carring in a slot?
    I tried multiplayer_get_my_troop and multiplayer_get_my_player + player_get_troop_id but they seems doesn't work. They give a number, but it's not the correct one.
    How I can fix it?
    Thanks.
  13. ArRiad

Ruling in Rus

Tanuv said:
    I was wondering how developped is the political aspect of the mod.
    For example, can you become leader of a faction? Recruit lords to you cause? make companions losr and?or give them fiefs?
    No.
    It's 13th century mod. As historically accurate, as possible.
    You need to be a lord yourself to became a politician. And you are not...
  14. ArRiad

Help?

caprera said:
    doubtless, even if in some towns you really have to walk a hour to get to the point...  :mrgreen:
    Even on horseback?  :wink:
  15. ArRiad

Suggestions thread (please don't ask questions here!)

Dankvart said:
    It is sad, that swedes are excluded from this mod as faction, although they played significant role in Eastern Europe at that period. Of course they had a lot of interstine fights at that time (in that theuy do not differ much from Rus, Poland or other), but also they were uphelding numerous expeditions on mainland states, like wars with novgorodians or attempts to invade livonia. Also, period described in the mod is the time when Birger jarl lived (born 1210), who was one of the most famous swedes from middle-ages history, who more or less consolidated Sweden and started it`s rise to power.
    Swedish and Danish forces are represented by Birger jarl Magnusson, Ulf Fase riksjarl and Hertug Knut Valdemarsen, Hertug Abel Valdemarsen with a group of common scandinavian warriors and knights as a part of Crusaders faction. It's not the best idea to make a lot of game factions in M&B - that's why russians, "crusaders" and pole are represented as united factions with two troop lines (russians) and scandinavian "guests" (crusaders).

And if you are so interested in Swedish history (and if you are Swede) you may help us with swedish battlecries for scandinavian common warriors. We are planning to make swedish and danish battlecries for scandinavian troops as it's made for russian and german troops. PM me if you can help us with battlecries or if you know somebody who can.
Back
Top Bottom