Recent content by archd

1. archd

1.5.6 Etc Workshop Income

Well...isn't that just displaying the random or coded number that results in +400 gold per day and no matter what our caravan has sold or even visited a town? I wonder, how the ecomony in Bannerlord really works.
    And what good is info, if I cannot use it? Reading a menu does not make you full.

The economy side of caravan, companies parties could be found in this forum if you search from Mexico post for quite some times ago. But tldr based on my understanding, at least for companion parties, caravans, and workshop, the mechanic pretty much the same. The individual entity will have their own liquid cash/cash reserved that will be taken from the player money the first few day they got created. Now for the mechanic how the player got the daily revenue everyday actually is based on the difference of the current entity liquid money compared to the default entity liquid money. For example caravan A have default liquid money set to 5000, wait for some time and now the caravan make a profits and make the current liquid cash 6000 now. The player later will get the difference as revenue which is 1000. And vise versa if the caravan make a loss or the caravan buying some foods/ stock the player cash will be taken to fill the difference.
    Now that's sounds like pretty simple economy right if they just show us the daily report of profit/loss, but that's not what we have though. The way profit report given to player is actually delayed report afaik it's an accumulation of a week of transaction of the entity, but I am not pretty sure about this part because the number we got everyday is different. For example if total profits of 1 week is 700 golds and we split it 7 days isn't the player should get exact 100 golds ?

Tldr isn't it that amazing the complex economic system like that can be changed to normal function(random_profit) that triggered every day. And the best part player probably won't noticed the difference since function(random_profit) will never make player loss moneys.
  2. archd

1.5.6 Etc Workshop Income

Tbh compared to added some more complex mechanic I believe there is one single addition that they able to do and can bringing more immersion in economics side. Give us the player the abilities to reads the ledger. For example for workshop ,tells us when they bought the material, and at what price. Tell us how much it got sold in the city. Give us how info how much cash that they have. Do that to all items/ stuffs that can generate money like caravans/parties/castles/towns.
    I believe getting that kind of infos probably will stopped making us thinking that the profit is actually is just random fuction random(profit_range) that got triggered every day
  3. archd

What is the next major content after Rebellions?

If they want some unorthodox path for naval battle, tw probably can implement pillar of eternity 2 naval battle. It's definitely far more simpler but it can bring the essence of ship expedition battle. Now why I said ship expedition here, it's because we' re moving army here not just a single ship to other shore. Or maybe I am the only one that it is weird we always fighting in small ship? Also we can have 1000 man battle map now. Doesn't it mean we need friggete class ship now?
  4. archd

Party wages are too high in 1.5.6 beta

Actually with patch 1.56 there's a benefit of having castle. It will never rebelled againt the owner clan
  5. archd

The problem of the second wave of AI armies being filled with recruits

I have another ideas. What if we increase the siege times? It can be the preparation times or we make faction army that won that castle to stay inside the castle a day or two to appease the people inside
  6. archd

TW Office Tour

there is some documentary how Covid-19 affected game development company , good ones i found is this one from noclip
    and to add the discusion about sofware developer should not be affected by covid, i think you need to ask this same question why big software companies like google, Facebook, have office in the first place. although tbh i don't know if any of those companies affected at all. a
  7. archd

Debate or Discuss on The Economy right now - Pros, Cons and Ideas to make Calradia an better place

How interconnected the economy simulated probably already explained pretty well based on bannerman post in many previous topics. But there is some few things that need to addressed especially how caravan works. For a caravan simulated economy where price of product can be changed as soon as caravan come and go is not the hurdle/ limit are to few? Meaning there should be more difficulty for them? Like higher chance to be pick as Target the higher their number ( assuming higher caravan have Moore goods).
    Another point to ask is how many caravan per ai notable can be made?
  8. archd

I think TW is doing good

The worst decision TW do: developing/creating both single/multiplayer mode in The same times.
  9. archd

Diplomacy Developments

All of these ideas sound super cool, and I’d love to see them implemented someday.

A much simpler fix, though, might just be a visible kingdom to kingdom relations system like the current interpersonal-100 to +100 relations score system. Then, likelihood to declare war or sue for peace would come from a formula factoring in kingdom relations, relative strength, casualties inflicted, and time elapsed since last change in war state.

Well, anyway, off to go start some s*** with the Aserai by beating up on some random peasants. ?
    Agree wholeheartedly with this. Make It toggleable or those relationship bar can be clicked and we will be given the more detailed explanation/formula/any stuff that is used for the calculation.
    This make me wonder what if TW do this in economy aspect too. Make us the players can see the breakdown how our caravan/workshops got their revenue. It may help players to understand why their investment isn't working. I think common complains here about workshops or caravan is because players doesn't really know the buying/selling price of the resources that workshops/caravan do. Give us detailed breakdown of that, aand I believe people will know if it's bugged or it is working as intended
  10. archd

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.2

There is 1 big thing here called reduction in file sized, but since it's not important enough for some people. People will just disregard as not exist at all. Sounds like what happened when engine of the game changed. People just talk It just the graphics change, not the possibility that we can put 1000 units in 1 battle now ( Anyone have tried using battle cap remover to see the limit?)
  11. archd

So now i understand why Khuzaits are so powerful

The thing enabling horse requirements for ai troop without changing how war horse production work mean there won't be any warhorse to be sold in most places. The reason:same one like not all notable always have soldier to hire.
  12. archd

How to stop the Khuzaits (or any faction) from snowballing as a trader

I wonder if someone have tried it before. But I am thinking of using grain economy to destroy a faction. The ideas is as neutral party you come to Target faction towns and buy and dump/destroy the grain stock that the towns have. Make few loops to all town to make sure there is no more grain left in there. Theoretically it should stop army to buy a lot of food in their own faction town. Even better if it can reach the level of no grain at all for weeks.
  13. archd

How Co-op could function

@ both. It was my understanding this conversation was relatively new, and that this was a forum for suggestions.

I'll reduce archd's entire comment to "Trying to keep the game simple", because when TW decided to create Bannerlord they said to themselves, "Lets give some guys some bows, some guys some armor and we'll just keep it real simple."

I'm sure that when developers said "Hey let's listen to what players think about how we should implement a Co-op Campaign", the answer they were looking for would be, "It's a problem for future TW developers."

It seems to me that the co-op play archd describes already exists in quick battles, except for not being able to use personal heros, and play for the same stakes as in the campaign. While it may be fun to join in to gameplay at all the most exciting moments, it won't do anything for the evolution of overall gameplay(which is what I imagine developers are looking for in these forums).

How are you going to call it Co-op, when you're asking the second player to just wait on stand-by for a battle to maybe happen? Finding a fluid game platform for a campaign that can support single or multiplayer and switching back and forth would be like the most epically complex MMORPG but with the smooth plug and play ability that Nintendo Switch was supposed to have.
    Yeah. That's valjd critiques probably because what I am asking for is pretty simple.
    The example use case probably like this: me and my friend are SP players. After some times playing I found myself want to do siege battle with thousand of units. I call my friends to join me. He agree, and I activated the coop menu and he joining me. We fought together, having fun and after the battle he will leave to play his SP games again.
    Or maybe in twich community the streamer got massively big battle that he want to share the experience with his viewer and asking if someone there want to joining him. Or the other way around, he is selling his experience to join other peoples battles.

I knew there is many kind of coop styles and what I give example is just one that can be done with the system I propose earlier.
  14. archd

How Co-op could function

Because as long we post about it will bring attention to the Dev. And unlike many other features, it is something that won't be there at release date. So if we as community can give some ideas how the Co op is gonna work, it maybe can give TW some ideas what they can plan for the future.
  15. archd

How Co-op could function

Compared to imagine something far too complex. Isn't it better to just make something simple first for Co op. For example allowing friend to join Battle in spring campaign. It will be on-off options. Your friend will be playing as one of your companion. His friend screen after connected is the same views that the host have plus inventory screen the companion that he can play. It's definitely far simple and we can judge how good the performance are? And if it really-realy have good feedback than maybe TW can make dlc campaign just for coop
Back
Top Bottom