Recent content by Archangel_of_War

1. Archangel_of_War

OSP 2D Art World Map Punkt's High Resolution Texture Pack 1.2 (Feb.16.08)

Nice work, punkt.  They spruce up M&B quite nicely.
  2. Archangel_of_War

Paradox Signs Mount & Blade

Blickety-blam!  Ha!  Thank you, aramagan, for clarifying, and you're most welcome for our support.  Now everyone can stop having panic attacks over this.
  3. Archangel_of_War

They could do it?  Well then that would bite - paying again, not that the team doesn't deserve it.  Ya haveta keep them coffee-and-donut go-fers well paid in order to produce a winning title.
  4. Archangel_of_War

I don't think Paradox would/could charge registered owners of the beta version once the retail version is released.  It would be like a cabbie saying, "$20 to get downtown", then pulling over, switching drivers, then the new driver telling you it'll be $30 bucks to go the rest of the distance. 
    Or that could just be a one cumbersome analogy and nothing more.  Yeah. :???:
  5. Archangel_of_War

This is a terrific game of unique quality with loads of reply value and allows 3rd party mods.  Paradox would have been foolish to pass it up. 
  6. Archangel_of_War

Banner

I recall seeing a tiny mod that does exactly that here...http://www.mbrepository.com/ .
  7. Archangel_of_War

Defeated vasels ragain too much power too quickley

Why not have the defeated lords restock with troops from their castles?  Maybe I wasn't taking good enough notes, but the change in troop numbers for opposing lords' castles seems to fluctuate randomly, and very infrequently, even after repeatedly carving his army down.  Could be wrong.  I've done that before.
  8. Archangel_of_War

Left or Right handed...

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
    The music term sinistra dextranum, in piano anyway, means to play left-handed.  Anywho, yeah, if it would require rehasing all of the models, it ain't no big thing.  Primarily left-handed myself, but we're used to Righty's oppresive world.  :razz:
  9. Archangel_of_War

Magic Mod: Curtain of Fire. Help me get it released! See first post.

A spell that takes your currently equipped weapon and causes it to spin around your character at varying speeds/durations.  Afterwards, it would return to your hands.  Or heck, maybe one to launch your weapon a fair (or insane) distance.  Unless you go fetch it, or it isn't lodged in someone's noggin', it'd be lost.  Trying to think "balance".  Sweet so far!
  10. Archangel_of_War

Punching Profiency

Hmmm, if there's ever a feature that allows you to disarm, or be disarmed, or your weapon breaks, or get into a drunken duel in the local taverns, including the ones in M&B, it could have relevance.  Personally, I only use it to slap the merchant around in one of the quests for fun.

The rest of my two cents - strength, agility, power strike, and maybe athletics should influence the effectiveness.  I don't think any of the weapon proficiencies would be very applicable.  One-handedness would be an almost-but-not-quite relevance towards it.  If it needed a proficiency, it would have to have its own.

*light bulb above head*  A disarming skill only usable when unarmed.  Surely, you'd eventually need to rough someone up trying to get close enough.  No super ninja abilities or anything like that.

Imagine getting an iron gauntlet hay-maker from someone riding by on a horse.  I usually end up running the offender over with the horse instead.  I dunno, there could still be a niche for it somewhere.

When I mentioned a "slower" punch, I don't mean like pushing-the-dude's-face-to-the-side slow, just a slightly slower wind-up.
  11. Archangel_of_War

Hand-to-hand combat

This could open up a second use for gauntlets, gloves, etc., and also make hand-to-hand more purposeful.  Perhaps depending on what type of gloves you wear, it could affect attack speed and damage.  Heavier gauntlets would do more damage, but would slow down attack speed somewhat.  Eh?  Just a...
  12. Archangel_of_War

Game won't run

I had/have the exact same issue, and like yourself, I thought it wasn't loading.  When I flip to the task manager, it shows the program loading (and using HUGE resources).  I almost gave up on it myself but decided to try again later and gave it more time to load.  Well, it finally loaded properly, but the waiting time compared to pre-891 versions has increased about 5-fold.
  13. Archangel_of_War

(0.891 - 0.892) RGL error / (0.893 - 0.894) Abnormal Program Termination

I had/have the exact same issue, and like yourself, I thought it wasn't loading.  When I flip to the task manager, it shows the program loading (and using HUGE resources).  I almost gave up on it myself but decided to try again later and gave it more time to load.  Well, it finally loaded properly, but the waiting time compared to pre-891 versions has increased at least 5-fold.
Back
Top Bottom