Recent content by Arcaian

1. Seriously when is the next update?

Yeah i agree, if it wasn't finished, it should never have been released to begin with. They should have kept it in a bata stage untill it had been completed and all bugs fixed.

One thing that gets on my nerves about game developers these days, is their lack of respect for..well everything the games the make, the platforms they create them for, their customers, It takes the p#ss.

Something that most people dont think about whenbthey make excuses for lazy developers is the effect broken games hafe on our hardware. When a game crashes or freezes as much as Bannerlord has, what do you think that does to your computer. PC players probably dontvthink about it, because defragging is second nature and performance diagnostics is standard practice for people who know what their doing. So they probably dont think about it, because they have the knowledge to fix it. People not in the know, wouldn't think because they dont know any better. Console players are the most at risk from lazy development, PC gamers can do the above, and download fan made fixes. What would constant crashes do to a console though, you cant defragg to fix damaged data that might cause or contribute to the problem. You cant dowload fan made patches to solve it, and you cant reblace broken hardware like your motherboard or processor should the issue persist and break your hardware due to excessive strain. So our consoles are being forced to download broken data, that puts strain on our hardware every time we use them, with no options available to limit the starin and stop it effecting the performance of our consoles. Companies like tale worlds need to be made to stop releasing broken games, especially if they dont have the drive to persevere until its finished and fixed.

Do you know that both the Xbox Series X and the PS5 have SSD storage, and so literally cannot be defragmented; I imagine a large chunk of the PC user base also has it loaded on an SSD. Other than the possible effect on storage fragmentation, what effect do you think these crashes are likely to have on your hardware?
  2. Why are Cataphracts and Knights

Opinion rejected,you're way too biased towards your Khuzaits and Aserai
    Next thing you're going to say "Yea the Turks and Arabs had better infantry" than the Byzantine or Slavic nation of the Medieval Era?
    Because LET ME hit you with the same BS you hit me,why are Veteran Infantry and Darkhans EVEN remotely as armored as the Sturgian Infantry,actually even better equipped?

Huh?
    Yea take your Khuzaits and Aserai ass out of here and lose a few Body Armour,fanboy!
    This was a serious discussion,you just used "Muh ancestors were MUCH BETTEH",especially considering that DATA and FACTS prove that Knights and Cataphracts aren't as good as Faris and Khan's Guards IN MELEE!
    And last time I check when Barbarossa was on his way,the entirety of the Arabic alliance of Saladin were considering switching sides.
    Surely it was because of the poorly equipped Knights and Infantry.

You gave a few examples of IRL battles of a few Man At Arms beign poorly used OR even worse example,giving an example on how exactly how you'd fight Knights,hit and run tactics beign used against Knights or Man At Arms to great effect.
    I mean I could also turn the page and just give a few battles of Richard Lionheart and my point would still hold!
    It's impressive that kweassa thoroughly disassembled your entire (poor) attempt at 'historical accuracy' on which you based your argument, and you can't even bring yourself to admit that you were wrong and instead had to change to a completely different comparison. I think the accusation of bias should be going the other way around this time - you seem to be a pretty big 'fanboy' of these factions, to the point of ignoring historical fact.
  3. Can These Things Be Fixed? <Long>

Then there's the confusing system for "civilian" gear. A lot of Troops have "civilian" sets; why they do is rather a mystery, however; so far as I know, you'll never see Mercenaries in their "civilian" sets (in Taverns, they're fully armed and armored, to make it obvious to players) they never show up in Alley Fights (it's always the player and random poorly-equipped guys- I don't think even the Companions show up, which is a huge missed opportunity, imo. So, why do Sword Sisters have "civilian" gear? Wedding scenes, maybe? It's a mystery.

Thanks for some interesting knowledge in the thread so far! I'm fairly certain that when you own an alley and defend it, the troops you placed in the alley are used to defend it. Off the top of my head, that's the only use for civilian gear on a random troop, at least if those fights use civilian gear.
  4. Workshop upkeep?

I don't think it's a stat that one can easily see in the game's menus, but from what I understand, the profitability of your workshops is dependent on the upkeep to pay for workers, the cost of raw materials, and the selling price of what you produce. This trait reduces the cost of that upkeep by 20%, which should raise the income you're receiving from you workshops! :smile:
  5. Information about developments at snowballing problem

Basically it is done by hand.
    If you want you can use my mod (I will update it today, changing the data format).
    But it is still raw txt data and I'm using a pivot table in excel to create the above tables.
    With your mod outputting it straight to raw text files, it'd be pretty easy to knock up a little python or R script that translates that over into the tables and figures being made here. If I end up with some time I could have a look at it, but if it's raw text separated by commas or whitespace, something as simple as pandas' read_csv will likely do the trick, followed by a matplotlib/seaborn barplot. Might help speed things up! :smile:
  6. Gangs

You can pick fights with the gang leaders - you just need to go into the town scene and approach one of the back alleys/waterways/etc that they control. Pick a fight with the criminals there, and when you defeat them, you get the option for staying around and fighting the leader. It'll be a fight of your party (in their social outfits) vs some custom thief troops and the gang leader. If you defeat them, you get some trade goods + normal fight drops, relation gains with the owner of the city and the other gangs of the city, and a relationship drop with the gang that controlled the territory. That gang also loses control of the territory, (seemingly?) lowering their noteable's power. As far as I know, you can't take over the territory - but it's not a bad way to get some XP and relations, plus control who has power in the city.
  7. Noble Genocide

For my current playthrough, I never had so many deaths in one battle. The OP's screenshot seems more like a coincidence rather than regularity. And I have many large battles 1000 vs 1000 in the current playthrough. I've lost about 4 companions in ~20 game years and a few nobles (including 2 wives). Others always get wounded, go to jail, escape, repeat.

2% is WAY too low. With this death chance I can go play Warband and won't feel the difference, because of the immortal lords here and there.

Pulling some numbers out of nowhere really, but if we assume each lord is bringing 80 troops, we've got 25 lords on the battlefield. They spawn first and often fight recklessly, so I'm going to assume 20 of those 25 (80%) go unconscious - not exactly a stretch. 10% chance puts it at ~2.5 lords dying each battle; 2% puts it at ~0.4 lords dying each battle. The OP's screenshot is definitely unfortunate - double as many as one would expect from random chance from my random assumptions. But even at 2%, if you have 3 battles of this size in each war, you'd got a ~99.8% chance of having at least one noble die - and a very large chance multiple die. That's hardly impossible to see happen in a campaign, but less likely to lead to a depopulated field of nobles than ~7 nobles dying each war.

(my numbers might be off if it's only a 10% chance to die when they're hit with a lethal blow, and other blows that don't deal enough damage/are blunt/whatever don't have a chance to kill them, I haven't checked that)
  8. Consider: Post Release.

Yes you're confirming my point earlier, a freaking UI change as a piece of evidence, really ? :smile: Are you joking or something ?
    With that in mind, could you elaborate your thoughts further ? This is the exact same debate that happened in another thread, for some reasons past the UI rant nobody could explain me why they logically think the shalowness of that game was magically because of a console port.
    And you were on that thread.

I agree the debate isn't starting very well for you if you think you made good logical points above.

I have to agree with you here - there's a large chunk of this forum's population that seems to go to "simplified for console ports" as their go-to reason for everything with seemingly no justification, and I don't think there's almost any backing to this assumption.
  9. SP Native Freelancer Mod - Being a Regular Soldier

Wow, that looks very cool! I'll try that out ASAP :smile:
  10. SP Native Freelancer Mod - Being a Regular Soldier

Thanks very much for the work you've put into this mod! I saw it'd come out, figured it'd be an interesting experience and booted up Bannerlord again, and have had a lot of fun working my way up the ranks of the Battanian armies. I'm glad to see the changes to being a bodyguard, I think that makes them far less punishing. I like the sound of some of the features you've discussed - a scene for the camp sounds interesting, as does the potential for starting a desertion with other troops. I particularly like the option to do something while you're travelling, a great improvement on Warband's Freelancer. If you're taking suggestions, might it be possible to add another option to heal for the wounded? It'd be an interesting way to increase your Medicine, would only be possible when wounded troops are present in the party/army, and could potentially boost or lower loyalty/fame/relations, depending on how successful you were.
  11. SP - General War Strategy

There's not much interaction with the internal politics system in many ways - it might be more interesting to have this option picked at declaration of war, and then require a vote by the council (likely with no/minimal influence cost) to change it during the war :smile:
  12. How do you solo?

Knight of calradia said:
    I would recommend going for 10 in trainer and tactics skills rather than into the main character boosting skills.,you should know this stuff, but I'll just say anyway what these two skills does, trainer: faster training depending of you character's level, tactics, increases your units performance in battles, super helpful.

Except both of those are exceptionally useless if you're soloing? You have no troops.

I've never soloed, but I would imagine the most efficient way for the sea raiders is to ride just around their maximum range, they'll waste a LOT of ammo like that. The longbows are harder, unless you've got a ranged weapon and can snipe them. Not sure how you'd deal with them.
  13. [OSP] MP COOP campaign "engine" V0.2 gamma (1.10.2013)

spyczech said:
    Or TW could just implement it in the first place... I'm hoping they improve more than just the graphics and stuff.

Pretty sure they said they weren't planning on doing it :sad:
  14. [OSP] MP COOP campaign "engine" V0.2 gamma (1.10.2013)

Yukisuna said:
    This might not be helpful at all, but you should consider taking a look at the coding for "Battle time". It may or may not help with stability between players, both on the world map and in battles. I'm especially excited to see how battles will happen, for example how this might work if one player goes into a battle and another doesnt. (I imagine going to fight a looter pack, and then dozens of outlaws coming in wave after wave as they reach your party on the world map. Please, do not implement PvP, at least not yet. It would be a nightmare for other players to be able to join in on the opposing side during your battles.

Yeah, real time battles would make the early game a complete pain. I think the best solutions to a real time battle would be:

1: Implement Freelancer style joining a lord, which makes early game easier
    2: Send out patrols that can effectively fight one or two parties of outlaws

That way you could either fight them and get reinforcements or get screwed over, but you can always retreat if too many join. Would make it... interesting. I agree with co-op focus, but it's designed for LAN play, your friends really shouldn't be trying to ruin the game for you.
  15. [OSP] MP COOP campaign "engine" V0.2 gamma (1.10.2013)

Metalfist said:
    Content includes development information.

Well you certainly have an interesting view point then. The currently released information has already been discussed, the thread was falling off the front couple of pages, so I doubt the author complains that I put it back on the front.

Or, stop telling me what to do, not breaking any forum rules. I highly doubt asking if there's any new info will lead to a 'hostage situation'.
Back
Top Bottom