Recent content by Arachnomen

1. Arachnomen

How do you make them listen?

I had a similar issue before, when I told my cav to stand down or whatever just some of them did. Then I figured out that the cav that didnt do as I said was actually mounted archers that responded if I addressed them as such.

So if cav control dont work, try archer :wink:
  2. Arachnomen

Why do I keep getting my butt handed to me?

I just wanted to post my progression thru the game here when I have used the tips I have recived in this thread. They work like a charm :wink:

First I looked around for a town with an ongoing tournament, saved, and tried over and over again to beat it until I made it. (sometimes you start facing crappy odds, like bow vs sword&shield when I barely know which way the arrow should point) But once I recived my money from my cleaver bets on myself I bought several recruits from villages and men looking for some fighting in the taverns.
    Then I rode around on the desert plains robbing every village of its belonings and selling them to the nearby cities. (to get money and food)

I continued till me and my men became a bunch of hardknocked soldiers eager for action (and with loads of different food in my inventory) . Now we ere strong enough to take on a caravan, so we did.
    We attacked Sultan Hakims caravan so we became a little hostile with his faction, just so we then could go back to his villages and spread blood on the sands informs of looting and burning.

And something I discovered pretty quick was how fast you can get a lot of money by just taking their stuff and selling it, so I made 40 000 denars in no time. And the Sultans army was to busy fighting of rival armys to defend his villages from a mere bandit crew.
    And with great money comes great power, I bought up several knights and mercs lurking around in tavaerns so my band of thugs expanded rapidly. And with an evergoing flood of money incomes and food supplies my army morale was "excellent" at all times. And whenever the Sultans realm stopped fighting wars I stopped ravaging their land. (since my actions with their full focus would not be taken kindly).
    But eager as I was I just wanted more money so I raided the villages in the outskirts of their kingdom. And it all went great until one day the Sultans army stood at my doorstep. (or, tbh Their doorstep since I was actually breaking and entering:smile:) And his army and the towns villagers came down on me like a hammer. But my men, forged in the heat of.. looting, was rough and tough enough to fend them off. I managed to almost completely destory his whole army even though I was outmatched 1-4. But my glory came quickly to a halt when his power armored boy scouts in full bodychainmail came crushing in. They won the battle but I managed to escape, plotting and bidding my time.

But the king of Rhodoks had heard of my exploits and sent an invitation to join his kingdom, so I did. And here I am now. And life is good. :razz:

And I managed to get this far by investing in good but light armor, training to perfect my swings from horseback. And commanding and sticking with my troops. And ofc, using the terrain to my advantage.
    Now I can enjoy Warband and not having to grind looters for all eterinty. Cheers for that lads :grin:
  3. Arachnomen

I have read all of the posts here and Im really greatfull, thanks for the tips :smile:
    Ill now head to the promised land to begin my adventure, but just one more thing..

I have noticed that I get heavy laggs whenever Im fighting near the other NPC's when they are around 30 and up. Which is weird since my computer should be able to handle it (I have the video settings not on max but above average) but that should not be the problem since my computer can handle any other game with the best graphic settings. What gives? When I played M&B I could run smoothly with 100+ characters bashing each others head just fine without getting these really annoying freezes and laggs.

It laggs so bad that I cant play the game whenever im near my troops, so I tried to cut down on the video settings but it did not help that much and the game just looked less breathtaking.

Have anyone else had this problem or a little smart fix for it? Does the fighting in Warband when it comes to NPC group fights eat so much framerate/preformance when you have your graphic settings on a little above mediocre?
  4. Arachnomen

Okay allright, I got a good helmet so I dont think the source of my problem is because I lack head protection since most of the problems that head my way are in forms of sharp/blunt objects pounding all over my body. A helmet wont do me any good if I got a sword jabbed in between my ribs :smile:

I have also tried arena from time to time, but whenever the NPC's decide to take me on as a group I get defeated. (Why oh why wont they attack each other if they stand next to each other but instead run across the arena just to smack me over the head together :S)

I will try to give backpeddeling another try but whenever I try it I can not outwalk em. Mostly because I just put maybe 1 or 2 points in athletics, but also because I start backpeddeling to late. I fight normaly aslong as it all goes well but when my enemies focus their eyes and swordedges towards me it is to late to move away since im often right there where the action is, surrounded by a bunch of badboys. And my shield says that it is made of leather/wood or whatever starter shields are made of, but from time to time it feels like it shatters like a piece of paper whenever someone throws a punch at it.

Sure I could try to grab a bunch of boys on mounts and ride into battle but to get to that point I need money or soldiers with enough experience. But I need to get to that point in order to do so..  And I would like to try different weapons and different playstyles and not be locked in and having my survival depending on if im on a horseback or not. :razz:
  5. Arachnomen

I have played original mount and blade, and im also a proud owner of warband. I love the game but there is no need to explain how awesomesauce the game is since if you are reading this you are prob feeling the same way as I. Well, lets get down to my problem. I have played several weapon...
  6. Arachnomen

Negative faction relations

I even think that faction rep can go down to -105, at least that is what I got max when I attacked a Rhodok caravan (or said I was going to attack them, lost rep, pressed "leave" and did the whole thing again over and over again)

But no, I dont think they will attack you more, just that they will be more likely to plot against you or not help you when your not in direct war with that faction again.
    Correct me if im wrong. : )
  7. Arachnomen

Mount and Blade betydligt billigare från återsäljare?

Hur kommer det sig att Telia vill ha 79:- för Mount and Blade medans Taleworlds själva kräver 200 nånting? http://spelbutiken.telia.se/product/lp15088/mount-and-blade/ Hur går det ihop? Ska inte de som säljer Mount and Blade vidare tjäna pengar på det hela? Det måste ju ha betalat för massa...
  8. Arachnomen

Einhärjar Klanen

Land - Sverige
    Ålder - Fyller 17 under lovet
    Ingen beta..än
    Har inget namn på beta'n..än

Ansöker om att få gå med att fight the good fight :wink:

9. Arachnomen

Die idea, "soul" transfer? Is it possible?

Oh nice, but is there a version out today that support this kind of playing? :smile:
  10. Arachnomen

Well it do not have to be a magic thing  :oops:

Maybe more of a movie concept, that you get to follow the journey of your slayer once your life has ended.
    The story behind the fusion is not the question at hand, more of "can it be done" and if so, will it be done? :wink:
    (My modding skills leaves much to be desired im afraid)
  11. Arachnomen

Greetings, been checking the forums a little now and then but decided to start an account today so I could post this idea of mine. I wonder, if it is possible to make so that if/when you die, you become another man in your army  so the fight can go on? (Like you play one of the cannondoffer in...
Back
Top Bottom