Recent content by Apocal

1. Apocal

Make Bannerlord better - remove half of the features

Half of the features have already been removed lol
    Most of the major features that were added since release eventually came around to making the core gameplay loop even worse. The most popular example, according to how often it comes up, would be the OOB. Everyone was super-excited for it, then realized they'd had a year to get used to the original way and the easy UI just served to create a bunch of new issues.

It also didn't do anything to the core loop except make it slightly more grindy.
  2. Apocal

I think making money in Bannerlord is too easy

Simple fix , difficulty modes

(1) Easy
    (2) Normal (default)
    (3) Realistic
    (4) Iron man

Let the kiddoes have their easy mode, let the Console causal gamers have Normal, and the serious people get the rest.

Done.
    I've said before that the smartest thing Warband did compared to Bannerlord was hiding its difficulty settings with the defaults being easy.
  3. Apocal

I think making money in Bannerlord is too easy

The whole game has been massively nerfed lately .. to help Console gamers I assume ? " ..make it simple, make it easy, make it kiddy ! .. and you get your $$$$$$$$$.." Playing Realistic, use to mean realistic, now it means wrapped in cotton-wool with seat belts.
    One of the most consistent complaints prior to release (therefore consoles) was people not being able to manage their money.

Most people who play this game are actually complete **** at it and just want the power fantasy aspect of growing in strength until they either paint the continent or get bored.
  4. Apocal

Victory to the Khuzait Khan's Guard

They also play on freebooter difficulty and skip the core of the game by using autocomplete on most battles.
    If they don't get on the actual battlefield and get their hands dirty then their opinions are moot.
    Some of them play on Bannerlord difficulty and fight out battles. StratGaming did in his world conquest vid. At a certain point, you just want bodies to maintain momentum and keep winning sieges. Assuming that your goal when playing is to win Bannerlord as hard as possible, there isn't really a reason to care what kinds of troops you have in your army except keeping a high cav ratio in order to keep a decent map move speed.
  5. Apocal

Victory to the Khuzait Khan's Guard

Using anything less than 50% Khan's Guard in your Party is roleplaying. The game gives the player nothing for Faction loyalty, dump 'em all and go with winners, the best answer is always to get Khan's Guard. If you want to play with less than the most elite force, go ahead, but remember that you are gimping yourself. Anything but a force made up primarily of Khan's Guard is a vanity project. Something you do for fun because you don't like winning so much.
    I used to think so, but all the speed-runners grab whoever the **** is around and just go win another siege. KGs are the best at open field battles but their advantages matter a lot less in sieges and winning sieges is winning the game.

That said:
  6. Apocal

Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

JFC, how hard it is to remove tribute payments completely? It's clear as day that this mechanic is not working. It never did and it never will. Just bite the bullet and do it, TaleWorlds. This is honestly embaracing.
    It used to work but it was kinda grafted-on and hasn't really been iterated on (that I can tell) so now that there have been other balance changes, it has become truly zany.

OTOH, maybe it is working because two years ago we were asking for tribute to essentially nuke factions' income.
  7. Apocal

Why does it take so long to develop a new update? The answer is: "Development Caution"

If anyone here had any semblance of self-awareness and reflection they would realize TW could never win.
    It was noticeable right from the start.
    I see the pendulum has once more swung from "TW where's my patch? get to work" back to "TW stop patching the game."
  8. Apocal

How "Auto Resolve" calculated?

This missing the new buffs and debuffs to cavalry, archers and mounted archers depending on terrain.
    Probably because it was a post made three years ago.
  9. Apocal

"Baldur’s Gate 3 is Causing Some Developers to Panic"

Many things are wrong in your post, but this one might the most obvious.

Consumers do change, not because they revolutionise themselves at some point, but simply because a new generation emerge and start to be old enough to be considered as main consumers.

I'm slowing heading to my late 30's, I grew up owning a SNES, a Playstation 1 and 2, I remember using CD and even floppy disks (yes !) to enjoy PC games.
    Average age of a gamer is around 33-35. They are (for the most part) people who were playing games 20-25 years ago.
    That's clearly wrong though, because preorders and microtransactions and loot boxes didn't always exist, and when introduced most people hated them, and that was barely 10 years ago. The average consoooomer follows the industry and the industry follows the most successful games.
    I wouldn't say most people hated pre-orders or MTX; most self-identified gamers did but they've been a declining niche of the industry since like 1995 so who cares what they think.
  10. Apocal

Death Rate needs to be fixed

I think a slider in the options tab allowing the player to set it to anything between 0% and 100% would be ideal (same % applied to player and NPCs). I personally would have it set between 75% and 100% for a couple of play-throughs :twisted:
    It starts to break the game past about 18% or so. Lots of clans dying of, companions never really develop, your siblings can die even if you play extra cautiously with them, etc.
  11. Apocal

Is end-game more fun now?

Is the endgame still an snorefest and if not what has changed?
    It is actually worse, since you can't count on the rest of the clans to accomplish anything.
  12. Apocal

Fire Emblem: Engage (I'm guessing a game series with I think 17 or entries is probably AAA)
    It isn't.
  13. Apocal

is that not a scam ?
    No, that's not a scam.

A scam would be selling you the Definitive Edition and then turning around to add in a bunch of content to sell the Ultimate Edition. Or telling you that there was going to be a follow-on Director's Cut but then not providing it.
    True, all good points. Also marketing academics should really analyze the word of mouth - influencer/social media marketing strategies used by BG3's team.
    That is bog standard in the games industry at this point; you can pay for social media pushes as part of your marketing package.
  14. Apocal

Brother as leader of the Petros clan

I don't remember how old she(Rhagea) is at the beginning of the game and if she can be pregnant..
    But if she die then your brother would become the leader of the clan right?
    How much u have % chance to kill her in battle after fight ?

It would be an interesting game if your brother had a clan and joined your kingdom.

Conspiracy to take command of the clan.
    I wonder if the sister could be given to this clan in this case (for enjoy of ck3 fans) Marry with brother 😀
    Yeah, that can happen, but it usually goes to an older male in the clan.
  15. Apocal

Objectively, both Starfield and Star Citizen have not been officially released
    A person can boot up and play Star Citizen right now.
Back
Top Bottom