Recent content by Antar

1. Antar

Dev Blog 12/09/19

Really neat to see some of the new various management options! Added complexity but at the same time still keeping it simple and understandable! The UI is very nice!
  2. Antar

Dev Blog 02/05/19

Hmmmm, a Beta on the horizon, eh? :shifty:
  3. Antar

Dev Blog 13/12/18

Can't wait for the multiplayer mods where everyone plays as children. Just mass child warfare...  :twisted:
  4. Antar

Dev Blog 16/08/18

That world map. :shock: Hopefully there'll be footage of the demo! It sounds great, 30 minutes is a tease!
  5. Antar

Dev Blog 02/08/18

Thanks for the blogs, guys! They were interesting to keep up with throughout the year and I'm excited to see what you're cooking up for Gamescom! :smile: Good work!

It's almost Harvesting Season.
  6. Antar

Dev Blog 05/07/18

Rainbow Dash said:

Trading goods and merchantry = Optional but is beneficial for your character

Taking the time to visit town/village scenes =
    What you're proposing: "Immersion" only
    What I'm proposing: Optional but is beneficial for your character

I'm too lazy for this strange attempt at proving me wrong over this simple suggestion.
  7. Antar

Dev Blog 05/07/18

Kentucky James said:
    Scene:
    Talking to hoboes - ✓
    Talking to tavern keeper - Not town/village scene
    Buying an enterprise - NPC from menu
    Visiting an enterprise - Not town scene
    Visiting the arena - Menu

Ki-Ok Khan said:
    Trading is a big part of Mount And Blade...

A good comparison to Gwent would be board games in Bannerlord.. nothing else..

My comparison was of core mechanics. Trading isn't core just like minor exploration. I only touched it on a few campaigns or runs, as I'm sure many did, too.
    Basically it's not essential, just like visiting a town/village scene.
  8. Antar

Dev Blog 05/07/18

I already got out my thoughts and worries, but I'll just reiterate this one more time:

There's more to videogames than the core mechanics. Witcher 3 isn't a card game, how dare they add Gwent? Mount and Blade isn't Mount and Trade, why can we haul pots of dye to distant cities? Mount and Blade isn't an exploration game, there shouldn't be any reason to go into scenes other than look at the pretty buildings.

Though it's fine, if my hopes don't come to be I'll still enjoy the game regardless, especially since we'll be in parts of those scenes for sieges. I'm just voicing worries.
  9. Antar

Dev Blog 05/07/18

Rainbow Dash said:
    Okay, at this point I can see you're not interested in suggestions and possible improvement. Why do town/village scenes only have to be for that? It doesn't have to be the same as Warband.
    And like I said, doesn't even have to be the NPCs, there's many other things they could do, like act as quest areas. I'm just asking for some incentive.

The point is that these suggestions are a chore to do and waste time for the player. Especially productivity focused players like me. I do not care about exploring scenes. Is that hard to understand?

Ah yes, events and quests are a chore.
    I only addressed your concerns to clear up my point for others reading it or possibly any devs/staff, if you're not interested in the suggestion that's fine.
  10. Antar

Dev Blog 05/07/18

Rainbow Dash said:
    The purpose of these scenes is for immersion, and for those alleyway bandit fights.

Besides, if you really want to explore and see beautiful scenes, you don't need some cheap restrictive mechanic to incentisive you. If thats not the case, then I doubt you are realky playing to explore in the first place.

Okay, at this point I can see you're not interested in suggestions and possible improvement. Why do town/village scenes only have to be for that? It doesn't have to be the same as Warband.
    And like I said, doesn't even have to be the NPCs, there's many other things they could do, like act as quest areas. I'm just asking for some incentive.

kalarhan said:
    you can visit a place to learn about the defenses (before you invade it, or need to defend it)
    you can engage with gangs
    you can check your enterprises
    you can go visit the scene because you think it looks cool
    and so on
    game adds purpose to the locations - optional ones - and you decide when and how to use them

Almost all of that can be done with menus, so the scene itself is not important to those things. What's wrong with adding some new things to do in those areas? Man, how dare they add tabletop games in taverns... :shifty:
  11. Antar

Dev Blog 05/07/18

Rainbow Dash said:
    Have you tried the mods that make you meet the village elder/guildmaster before you can finally use the shortcut to instantly talk to him?

Gekokujo is one mod that comes up to mind.

Like I already mentioned, its more of a chore than it is immersion.

Im not sure if you and me have the same idea for this game. When I think about Bannerlord I think about battles to fight, quests that needs to be done, and time is money. Not walking around town simulator.

Yes, I've played mods like that and was fine with it. In native you had to visit the Guildmaster every time, but mods fixed that.

And like I said, I'm not gonna be up in arms over this, there is other content that could add flavor to the town/village scenes.

Well no, of course I know what Mount and Blade is about. Believe me, you're not the only fan, but there are more to games than the main draw. When people think about Bannerlord they don't think about trading merchandise and running a linen weaving productive enterprise, but there are other interesting aspects that not everyone will care for. Having a purpose for town/village scenes isn't too crazy.
  12. Antar

Dev Blog 05/07/18

Rainbow Dash said:
    What incentive do you have in mind?

People here keep saying crap like "more exploration please!!!". If this is so much of a problem for you then surely you can think of a solution.

When I saw the new interesting NPCs in these scenes, I thought meeting them for some neat benefits, which also fit thematically, would be the incentive. Some people in this thread don't like the sound of that but I'd still keep it as an option.

Can't say I have any clear ideas myself, though, I'm not making the game or anything. Maybe some unique activities and events. Or, even better, have some quests take part in the scenes, I'm sure there are many things you can do with that.

(Maybe a quest with the Nervous Man
      :fruity: )
  13. Antar

Dev Blog 05/07/18

I can accept not having to visit the scene to unlock NPC access, but I hope there will still be some kind of incentive for entering the scenes. As many of you and Callum said, of course players can explore if they want to anyway, but incentive is important for exploration. Sandbox doesn't mean there doesn't have to be incentive to do things.

If the large footsoldier party slowdown didn't happen on the game map, people wouldn't intentionally slow down for immersion.

Also I like menus, but I personally don't want too many things replaced with menus. At least not for a game like Mount and Blade.
  14. Antar

Dev Blog 05/07/18

Rainbow Dash said:
    Have you actually played warband and some of the mods there that do this?

Its actually very very tedious and im glad Taleworlds didn't go this route.

Warband didn't have all these NPCs, though, other than the Elder/Guildmaster.
    Without mods, you actually had to find the Guildmaster each time, which isn't what I'm suggesting.

Of course I'm perfectly fine with keeping things like the market and all that, just like Warband, since while traveling you need to make stops at different settlements for those services.
    But to get deeper into the benefits and features of the settlement I feel like having to seek them out first just once is acceptable.
  15. Antar

Dev Blog 05/07/18

I kinda wish we had to discover and talk to the NPC in the scene first, before getting access to them from the quick menu. (Which is what GiipaGips mentioned)
    I know we still have the ability to talk to them in the scene, but there's little incentive to actually take a minute or two to explore the hard work of the scenes now.

I feel incentive is vital for things like that, or else most will take the path of least resistance and experience less of the game.
    Plus, I'd like to think it's a bit more immersive, too. Knowing where someone is and getting to know them before having quick convenient access (which is also important, of course).
Back
Top Bottom