Recent content by Ansiktslos

1. Ansiktslos

Getting too old to play ?

30 here.

Too old?

If my wife ever tells me I'm too old for this, I will start playing kids' toys to prove her wrong.
  2. Ansiktslos

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Is it possible to make ex-king of a destroyed faction to join player's faction as a lord? Does it require lots of modding, or may be done easily?
  3. Ansiktslos

Craziest thing you ever did in Warband, and got away with it.

I once started a game with an imported character who was intentionally made so terrible that I though it would be impossible to play the game. I even called her Little Girl after the eponimous character from Fallout 2 impossible playthrough.

In fact it turned into an super fun game with lots of tricks I didn't know before.

I could not finish it due to HDD failure, but later started all over and conquered the map.

now I do this again with more challenges.
  4. Ansiktslos

How do i conquer all map?

Get swadian Knights and roll over everybody.
  5. Ansiktslos

New to Warband: What is the difference between Vanilla and Native?

Vanilla is ice-cream.

Native is not.

That means Vanilla is better than Native.

Solved.
  6. Ansiktslos

Worst Prophesy of Pendor experience ever. An idiot's guide.

Finally, I can continue with this playthrough.

Another chapter of glorious adventures of our beautiful heroine begins!

Little Girl has joined Sarleon. Now under protection of our beloved host she can kill some ravenstern  scums
    ee2bf724e8.jpg

And that was a glorious victory over the enemies of our... wait, what? Why did you help our enemies? Why did you attack allied lord?

Little Girl, you calculating treacherous rascal! I'll tell King Ulric about all your wrongdoings! I will...

411735a2e8.jpg

7. Ansiktslos

Let's Play - Prophesy of Pendor - Mettenheim Style!

M0rdred said:
    Ah! Now you see true Mettenheim cunning in action. Freddy has, quite brilliantly, adopted a disguise in order to better understand the true weaknesses of those infernal creatures.
    You want to believe this.
    17a3462977.jpg

You only want to believe.
  8. Ansiktslos

M0rdred said:
    I had to include that option so as to root out any traitorous horsie lovers. Happy to say, none have bitten.
    Traitorous horsie lovers?

Geehrter Herr! I have something for you:
    63c303bf86.jpg
    Or better this one:
    0e25c7a841.jpg
    And the final cut:
    a80f509743.jpg

Can't unsee, can you?
    Go-go Light Mettenheim Horse Archer squad! In dresses...
  9. Ansiktslos

Vitorio said:
    Nice to know lil girl is still around  :smile:

It getting serious now?
    I hope so. To finish the playthorough I have to make it serious.
    The game is quite forgiving at this point, but the bigger LG gets, the harder it will be to recover from losses.

I kinda want to do important stuff that early in the game so I won't have to worry about it later. Buying properties, establishing relations with lords and villages, fixing relations with hostile knighthood orders and neutral minor factions, properly training and equipping essential companions - all these things are easier done now rather than later in the game.

Minor factions I try to improve relations with:

* Veccavi
    * Mettenheim
    * Noldor - an obvious one, yep
    * Singalians - their patrols are worth a small lord's party

Knighthood orders I want to improve relations with:

* all of them

I'm yet to decide which culture to pick upon making the kingdom. One thing I am almost sure is that it's definintely NOT sarleon, as their troops seem to have a disadvantage in tactical combat.
  10. Ansiktslos

Sorry for no updates. I had little time to play the game until today.

After surviving the early stage of the game, hiring a small party of 20-30 decent mounted mercenaries and knighthood order troops, finding essential companions and earning gold, Little Girl needed some planning and preparations.

Income

She decided to buy property in every town. Dyeworks and tanneries seem to give most income in almost every town. Since her main goal is to lighten the burden of troop wages later, she establishes the most profitable ones regardless of the price. Mills and breweries may be more cost-effective, but we'd rather maximize the total income than saving some gold now to lose it over the course of the game due to lower income.

We travelled around Pendor hunting bandits, doing quests and buying properties whenever we could until we left only with Rane and Ishkoman. Both these cities had rulers who dislike Little Girl, as these rulers are total scumbags. And both lords refused to give proper quests.

Ishkoman was eventually taken by the Baccus Empire - good job, Marius! Only Rane remained.
    Nobody was going to besiege Rane. Girl kept asking for quests from Alexis, but either he gave none or all of them were impossible or terrible - I don't remember exactly. So Girl kept doing her business around the map until occasionally Lady Seomis asked her to free lord Aldarian from captivity.

For normal characters freeing a lord from captivity is an easy quest at lvl 20+. For Little Girl this is a very difficult quest. But the completion could raise the relations with Lady Seomis, who in turn could raise the relations with Duke Alexis for a small price. Sweet.

After a brief consultation with the evil voice in her head LG picked this quest and went to Mistmire Keep where the captured lord was being kept. Err, held.

Of course a brief glance at the garrison revealed 5 berserkers on top. I don't know exactly if the topmost unit always appears against you in this quest, or there's a chance of another troop. LG bribed nearby village settlers to light a fire, arrived to the keep and realised that she was missing some HP. So she rested a bit, killed the guard, told Aldarian to help her fight the way out and found half a dozen guards outside the prison.

Apparently, the villagers slacked! Or maybe they did light the fire as intended, but it had worn off while LG was resting... But that means that I made a stupendous mistake - no, that's totally impossible. I have intelligence of ehm... 11? Wait, that's too low. Let's say it's 21, I'm really smart, I could not make such a mistake. Lazy evil villagers slacked, one day they will be punished for sure.

After a few days in Aldarian's company LG bribed her way out of the keep. Second attempt was more successful - she had full health, the imprisoned lord was healthy, villagers did their job and there was only 1 guard. A berserker... Although Aldarian was told to help her in fight, upon leaving the dungeon he stood still. And there was no sight of the guard. I was ready to believe he had fallen through terrain or commited sucide or got stuck somewhere, but in fact he was on the nearby tower watching the fire or simple chilling out. He ignored girl until she came too close, then he turned around and smashed her face. Good manners mean nothing to these curmudgeons.

There were more attempts after that. The final plan was to catch zerk's attention with a throwing knife in his occiput, lure him to Aldarian and hope he doesn't kill the lord before she can finish him with manopener. Few times Girl killed zerk after he KO'd Aldarian. Sometimes he charged before she used the throwing knife, catching her offguard. Sometimes the duke decided to attack and met zerk on the ladder, where Girl had no way to help him. I like how guards didn't mind at all that Girl had killed several of them. every time they greeted her.

I wasn't going to give up with this quest. This may be a stupid decision, but really, I was not losing anything. Properties in towns already brought about 8-9k weekly income, the party was very small and had enough wheat for weeks. I decided to either complete this quest or keep trying until it fails.

Eventually, Mistmire Keep ran out of berserkers! The armored axeman wasn't that strong, and LG finished the quest after spending at least 2 weeks, 8k denars and losing Frederick and Donovan who got tired of this bull**** and departed. :grin:

At least we've done with this part. Now all 18 towns bring us gold. Or they did until recently. Little Girl has joined Sarleon and several establishments are under arrest, including the one in Rane.

11. Ansiktslos

PoP Ultimate Goal, Endgame edition.

Good luck with your difficult task!

P.S.: The Renown part would be tricky due to 0.5% weekly decay. Unless this decay was removed of course.

12. Ansiktslos

Kalandar Khan, the man of ****

amazing story, I really love it.

Vitorio said:
    Being 90+ relation, you can easily convert him to become your vassal when you start your own kingdom

And then he will demand all the fiefs and get pissed off if you give a single village to someone else. And he'll ignore your requests as a marshall, he'll raid villages, get caught and imprisoned all the time. And for all his mischiefs he'll blame you, your relation will drop very fast, he'll betray you and depart from the realm, as there will be literally no single kingdom who don't hate him. Except you. You love him, he's your brother-in-law, right?

What a nice guy Kalandar khan is!

Also, don't you thing that he could make a great persona for new George R. R. Martin novels?
  13. Ansiktslos

Don't blame Little Girl. She's doing her best to fullfill the prophesy. It's that eldritch voice in her head that was too busy working during holidays and pretending to be a christmas present for the rest of the time.

First of all, a snapshot of her progress
    (Warning, lots of pixelated images ahead!):
    4cc709e0e4.jpg

19 INT. The smarter she gets, the less she listens to me.
    I She spent 6 SP on training, as at lvl 26 I am she's able to train mid-tier troops.
    No single Qualis Gem was obtained bar 2 "guaranteed" ones from Rane and red Brotherhood camp.

For those of you who believe that she's incapable to fight:
    e72adf2379.jpg

And no, not only peasants, weak bandits etc. She kills knights, top-tier faction troops and Gladiators. Sometimes. Not too often. More like she gets knocked down by them. But still we can give her a brownie point for the effort, no?

3ade476444.jpg

Battlesize isn't large, That's mostly due to low RAM on my her (no way!) my PC.

Having dealt with the boring part, let's talk about something - or, in this case, someone - exciting:

83bda3a5bb.jpg

Good news, dear Little Girl. Your beloved one is

Yes, I know. He really is.
    We've reduced his suspiciousness towards us from - 30 to -12, and soon this young lord will fall prey to Little Girl's charm.

More good news. Little Girl has grown up a little! She's 39 now.
    Congratulations, my Lady!
    Let you always be wonderful in your own special way.
  14. Ansiktslos

MitchyMatt said:
    I believe when you assign units to a group like infantry/cavalry, it makes every unit in the game behave as such, even in other parties so you'll see cavalry units you assinged as infantry group with infantry (so I believe).

I avoid doing that much as possible, concerning your unit assigning to infantry.
    That's interesting.
    And probably exploitable.
    I usually make 5-6 custom troop types for more battle manuever. Messing up those faction troops that I don't use much could be an option. :grin:
Back
Top Bottom