Recent content by AnimalMother67

1. [Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Colorado looks perfect, indeed. Both season pictures, summer and winter, look almost exactly like the textures we have.
    So, the Centennial State it is, then. :razz:
    The good thing, there are only a couple of coding changes needed to make the "move". The bad thing is, I now have to search what Indian tribes Colorado had at the time, their looks and re-make them. Oh, well, it is a hobby, after all.
    Hey maybe not though. The Sioux (Lakota), Apache, and Cheyenne were the big ones in Colorado in the 1860s. OG 1866 already has Apaches so there's something right there ready to go. Gabrilduro had a generic "Plains Indians" faction for 1860s Old America. ACW revived kind of does a similar thing with their faction. There's always that approach if you wanted to save time. If not and you want multiple tribes with their own feel and aesthetic, maybe the authors of either of those two mods would be willing to bum you the models?
  2. [Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

"High Plains Drifter", "Josey Wales" or "Hang 'em High" setting. Plains, mountains, snow in the winter months, greenery in summer and spring etc.
    Colorado would be an absolutely picture perfect fit.
    oiljv9kkdd86o9wp0uvh.jpg

colorado-countryside.jpg

800px-Colorado_High_Plains_Dirt_Road.JPG

eastern_colorado_high_plains.jpg

eastern_plains_bison_herd.jpeg

rocky-mountains-colorado-mount-elbert-1600x800.jpg
    Machu-PIcchu-and-Cusco-comparison-2022-01-14T215247.672-1024x768.png

colorado-springs-in-winter.png

Clint is the king. I've recently just binged those 3 movies coincidentally enough lmao.:LOL:
  3. [Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Nope, all the guns that were made after 1866 were removed, and many more guns were added that were made pre-1866; mostly small calibre revolvers and pepperboxes (like the Continental Arms pepperbox, the Slocum revolver etc.); maybe more obscure models, but since we made a new firing system, based on calibre, they are good options for role-playing.
    The county is fictional, much like in the original mod, although without the humoristic references, we are going for a more realistic setting and tone, even if it may be fictional, in the sense of people and place. The goal is to make a believable western setting, not really historical (and I must stress that, it's not a historical mod, but rather, one with emphasis on realism and authenticity), in the strict sense of the word.
    The separatist remnants in our lore aren't native units of the county, they're much like the rebels in the start of Josey Wales, they came here from somewhere else, dislodged from home, but still fighting.
    And as for geography, I freely admit, I have very little knowledge of the States. The map was made by Archieduke, and it is a great one, very appealing, and I think realistic; no extreme landmarks, such as mountains tall as High Hrothgar, or oceans in the middle of the map. It has hills, and rock formations (not Grand Canyon-esque), a river and mostly farmland. Our "towns" are basically the bigger villages or small towns of the county. There are forts, and the "villages" are either villages, or farms, or mills or such. Not strictly villages, in the sense the game dictates.

Having said all that, we welcome all input. :grin:
    Mad respect to that. Historical mod or not, the fact you are seeking a realistic/believable setting is what brings me to my point tho. Ohio was not the Wild West. Ohio isn't even in THE west, it is on the polar opposite end of the country. I'm not splitting hairs or discussing technicalities here, we are literally a 5-7 hour drive from the Atlantic ocean/New York City and 12-40 hours from where the outlaws and gunslingers existed. Basically London and Warsaw, in both distance, scenery and lifestyle.
  4. [Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

We have moved the setting from the Texas-Mexico border to a county in Ohio, somewhere, just a month or so after the Civil War ended.
    Are you still adding the S&W Model 3 and Colt 1873? If so, why not just set the mod in the 1870s? You'd have more liberties as far as plausibility is concerned when it comes to whatever classic "Western" guns you want to include in the future. Also, I mean no disrespect or tone but I wouldn't really suggest Ohio as the name of the mod's backdrop setting because, as a lifelong citizen of it who's family's been here generations, we weren't "Frontier America" back then or even close to it. Topographically speaking, we are far removed from the landscapes you mentioned. While a great deal of our state is agricultural countryside, that countryside is New England-esque, not like the Great Plains or Rockies at all. Dixie remnant bushwhackers were a thing in Missouri and Oklahoma, which have the scenery you're going for, but they weren't here save for a single diversionary raid during the war.
  5. [Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Hello there! The mod for the original has been inactive, for some time now. We are working on a Warband port/submod (basically, a completely new mod, but since we are using parts of the old asset, we are required to label it a sub-mod).
    Any word as to when it will come out? Very excited
  6. (Should you ever come back to this) Single-player campaign for 1880s mini-mod maybe?

I think I read here you're done with Warband but just thought I'd toss the idea out just to say I tried on the off chance you come back to this someday. I think giving the 1880's mini mod its own campaign by leaving the current map design as is, adding the mini-mod factions, and updating the...
  7. [Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Following very close. Just bought OG M&B to give the original 1866 mod a shot and damn, it hits every itch RDR2 couldn't scratch. One thing I was wondering: If you're tossing in the Colt 1873 and the S&W Model 3, why not just bump the in-game timeline from 1866 to somewhere in the 1870's/1880's? Would fit the "For a few years more" moniker well and give you more liberties when it comes to expanding the weapon selection. Aside from changing some character names you wouldn't have to do anything to make the timeline shift work since all the pre-existing factions, Confederate Renegades included, were still active in the '70s.
Back
Top Bottom