Recent content by AndrewArt

1. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

It was already fixed internally.
    great!
  2. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

The movement speed number above parties really needs to go in an early hotfix, please. Let it be shown only when you press the alt key. I don't know who requested this but it wasn't all that bothersome to move your mouse over to the party to see movement speed...

Now this number covers the name and more importantly the number of troop count of parties, I can't see the important stuff!!...

Please fix this
  3. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Anyone else notice looters dont run away anymore? Previously if I soloed 7 looters after kill 3 with a horse archer loadout the other four would run. Now they all fight to the end. Not sure how I feel about these moral changes.
    yeah I think it's better this way. They still run away just not as soon. I was fighting maybe 10 looters and the last guy ran away. I prefer it this way, it's no fun when they all run after 1-2 die. The game is way too cheesy as it is already (with ranged on horseback), so if I fight solo a group of 40 looters it really feels cheap when they run away after I take 10 down. I personally like the change, now fights can be a bit more fighting and less running for the hills after 5 seconds of fighting...

Also if you just started a new game and you take 10 years to kill the looters with a weak bow and also missing a bunch they might be regaining morale and that's why you're not seeing them retreat, so again something against the cheese which I appreciate.
    "
    • Agents will now slowly regain lost morale up to a half of their initial morale in battles.
    "
  4. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Please don't show the movement speed of parties when they come into your view, it's really not needed. The player can simply press alt and see the movement above whenever he needs, I think that is definitely enough. Every time a party comes into view my eyes instinctively glance at the numbers above the head of the party, it's distracting. Also it overlaps with the name of the party, it's not pleasant visually the way it is right now

I don't think it would look so bad if it was in the view only when the player wanted it to be. It makes you prepared mentally, but otherwise the numbers are just thrown at you from everywhere
  5. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

- You can't put all heroes from the party in one safe group and keep them away from the danger of battle.
    There is an option when starting the game (that I don't remember there being, didn't play in months), which allows you to turn off clan member death chance by 50 or 100%. That should remove your need of putting all heroes in a safe group to keep them out of harm's way.
  6. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Finally it seems like the roguery 150 perk "Partners in Crime" has been updated!!! "Bandit parties always offer to join you.". That's a huge one. Welcome to my party, bandits!

It does make sense that the idea you had before with getting bandits above the troop limit without desertion was a bit of a reach, would have been pretty overpowered and conflicted with the current system. I'm fine with this. I'm looking forward to reaching the perk and trying it out, best patch for sure.
  7. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Jesus this looks like a huge one
  8. Should new clans spawn in the game when death is enabled?

Number 3 would be very appreciated. Would bring more life into the world

I don't fully agree with number 1 and 2: 2 would get repetitive and feel like it's just a thing implemented to artificially prolong gameplay, and 1 I'd rather keep mercenaries as mercenaries personally
  9. Patch Notes e1.6.4

The multiplayer changes sound great. Finally shock troops and cavalry nerfs, and throwing weapons damage increase fills my heart with joy.
  10. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.4

We need more perks that introduce new playstyles for singleplayer... Still waiting for the roguery perk to let us recruit many bandit units. It's not worth having 100 looters in the party if I can have 100 upgradeable faction recruits instead. Just want a bandit playstyle to make the game worth replaying again. Why aren't the rest of the perks being introduced on a patch-to-patch basis? Not even 1-2 perks per patch anymore... Please finish and improve the perks
  11. Bugged out revolt quest. pls help my wife is stuck :(

Does she have a step brother by any chance? Maybe he could help
  12. Randomness of character creation is driving me bat s*it crazy!

Sometimes I wished I could reroll my parents too, but life gives what life gives. It's fairly realistic and immersive in the game as well
  13. Abuse of the votekicking system needs serious attention

Delete skirmish and captain mode and everyone will be happy. Bring battle mode and make it the main gamemode alongside siege with friendly fire on. Bring back naked players running around with two-handed's and then you have a real game.
  14. Poll: Why Does Bannerlord Still Feel Like it Lacks Personality and Soul?

Some of the stuff Taleworlds has already said they're working on will help. Turning your companions into nobles could be a nice roleplaying feature that lets you feel like you're rewarding them for loyal service.
    For it to feel like you're rewarding companions for loyal service I'd need companions to have more depth... It doesn't make me feel what you're implying if they're all robots who will follow my lead no matter what I do. I need some to actually betray me, turn hostile against me and attack my party with theirs (and you don't see them as hostile until it's too late, so it's a very dramatic event. Also they'd try to aim for moments when your party is weakened if possible). I need relationship, and relationship to actually matter in such decisions they do. If I treat them well I expect them to treat me well and be loyal to me, especially if our "styles" are similar. If they're good natured and I don't do any bad stuff I expect them to be more willing to stay loyal to my cause. But if they're more of a rogue and have some nasty traits then I expect them to betray me if I'm too good-natured for their liking, and be more willing to follow me if I'm a raiding, peasant killing bastard... I JUST WANT THAT. Some depth to these characters. If I turn them to lords but I know they will always be loyal no matter what, because they're robots with no feelings, how can I roleplay that they're anything special when they're not? I guarantee I still won't care for them at all... The army template based on personality that you mentioned does really sound good though, those are the kind of additions that we need. Game really needs personality.

PS: I'm reading all the comments and so far I agree with what pretty much everyone is saying. One thing we all agree on, late game do be lacking hard.
  15. Poll: Why Does Bannerlord Still Feel Like it Lacks Personality and Soul?

The progression really kills my vibe for sure. Early game is nice, it's fun doing some quests/tournaments/struggling a bit in fights (if you handicap yourself in some ways at least). The small party really fits my playstyle and it feels like every soldier counts.

Comparing it to late game, where there's 0 need to do quests and tournaments, you don't really struggle anymore in any sense (economically or battles), you don't really care about your soldiers that much, as winning battles is really the only thing left to do in the game. The lack of variety then makes you bored and impatient, and now you just F1 + F3 your troops in to just get over these repetitive encounters on the battlefield. Or you find a superficial goal like trying to raise your medicine skill so you suicide your units, until you realize it was not worth the effort. All this happens because of not enough things to do in the game. Where is some spouse relationship development? Just pay a cow and get a wife. Player hideout, bandit lords? None. I want to interact with some fief-less "lords" and join them to conquer the world as a bandit from 0.

There simply needs to be more things to do, as the game is just empty late in the game. Mid game also! We needed to have our own upgradeable hideout, for it to be a time and money sink, we need more reasons to get castles... For me there is absolutely 0 reason to take a castle. In the beginning it feels like an accomplishment, so you struggle to get your first castle. But then what is left? To defend it and attack another castle... that's all. Why even care to upgrade it? It doesn't belong to you. An enemy can take it right back. No attachment to castles at all. If I had my own little hideout to upgrade and care for, that would feel like a home. Castles and towns feel like nothing. This whole point of conquering the map seems like a really boring concept. And I don't know why. Games like Rome Total War were fun, because they're more strategy focused. I can't put my finger on it but something is truly lacking... the casual nature of the game must be making it so. Even the "hardest" difficulty makes it impossible to get a challenge late game, as all you really need is a bigger party to defeat even the "hardiest" of lords...

So to recap, what I need:
    1) more things to do
    2) more variety in battles etc, lords need obviously different/flavorful tactics and personalities that really shine. Relationship development with family/spouse. Hideout, bandit lords. Let me have a bandit family and have them live in a hideout! Make it a roguery perk to make it possible to make your own bandit hideout, pls!
    3 Also challenge. Please give me a difficulty setting that actually gives the AI an advantage in battle (reduced damage dealt to enemies). It's obvious by now that the player will always outsmart the AI and it will never be challenging. If you put this option + make the AI not recruit a full party in a couple of days (more consequences for AI losing battles), I think you'd have a great game... Impactful/meaningful battles + struggle to win battles, that's what I personally need.
Back
Top Bottom