Recent content by Andrei

1. Andrei

Bug & Solution: Game doesn't respond to keyboard

This is a bug I encountered during the trainer fights.  The game stops responding to the keyboard (but the mouse continues to work fine), meaning that you can't move, tab, or escape.  The problem doesn't go away when the fight ends. The solution is to Alt-Tab out (the game might not be...
  2. Andrei

v0.800 Bug reporting thread (Updated - workaround/fixes so far)

Bug: game not listening to keyboard

So, I completed the tutorial, and talked to the trainer.  I swiftly moved up through the ranks, and usually this was fine, but in one of the fights a bug occurred.

At some point between me pressing F to talk to the trainer and me spawning in the cellar, the game stopped listening to my keyboard.  That is, pressing W, A, S, D, Space, Tab or Escape (I didn't try anything else) had no effect.  I won the fight anyway and respawned in Zendar.  The game still wasn't listening.

I can confirm that it was a problem with the game and not the keyboard, because Alt-Tab was still working.  In fact, that turned out to be the solution: I Alt-Tabbed out and returned, and the keyboard was recognised again.

As I have a solution to this one, I'm going to make a separate thread about it too for others to notice.  If you decide that's a bad idea, feel free to delete it without warning me or anything, but I figure it's always nice if solutions are easy to find.

Asanar: centre is the correct spelling in English.  Of course, Armagan said there's support for other languages now so someone could always do an American language version.
  3. Andrei

v0.800 Bug reporting thread (Updated - workaround/fixes so far)

Crash report

I started a new game, made my character (monk), completed the training (killed at least 1 dummy in each section), tabbed out, travelled to Zendar.  In Zendar, I

-Walked / Looked around a little
    -Spoke to Harek
    -Spoke to Harek again, said "No I haven't hunted pirates before"
    -He gave me the shield, which appeared on my back.
    -I moved / turned slightly
    -Moved the scroll wheel one notch down on my mouse
    -The game froze immediately, and went to a white screen a few seconds later before crashing to the desktop.

I assume the problem was caused by turning the mouse wheel (which is meant to equip the shield, right?).  I'd scrolled down before in training, but - as I didn't have a shield, I suppose - nothing had happened.

Bug report

On being given the "Destroy Dummies" quest in training, you're prompted to press Q and look at your quests.  Clicking on "Destroy Dummies", you see that it was given on Day 1 but it is now Day 0.

Clearly, it should either be given 0 / now 0 or given 1 / now 1.
  4. Andrei

0.800 Receive shield - move - scroll down - crash.

It says in the thread that's for 'non-fatal errors' that don't crash the game...
  5. Andrei

My comments on v0.800 (game start).

- Some of the buttons in the character creation screen were rather fuzzy and blurred, as if they'd been saved as very low-quality JPEGs.  Not all of them, just some. - In the new character sheet, there's a box in the top right-hand corner that's used for displaying help tips but, most of the...
  6. Andrei

Quest - Destroy Dummies - Given Day 1 - Now Day 0

On being given the "Destroy Dummies" quest in training, you're prompted to press Q and look at your quests.  Clicking on "Destroy Dummies", you see that it was given on Day 1 but it is mow Day 0. Clearly, it should either be given 0 / now 0 or given 1 / now 1.
  7. Andrei

0.800 Receive shield - move - scroll down - crash.

So: I started a new game, made my character (monk), completed the training (killed at least 1 dummy in each section), tabbed out, travelled to Zendar.  In Zendar, I -Walked / Looked around a little -Spoke to Harek -Spoke to Harek again, said "No I haven't hunted pirates before" -He gave me the...
  8. Andrei

Paradox Entertainment to publish Mount and Blade

phbbbt107 said:
    Archonsod said:
    Pretty soon, I'll be into the "WOOOH, EXPLOSIONS ARE PRETTY!" point.

Since when were explosions NOT pretty to the "average man"?

Oh, they're pretty.  But the average man doesn't actually see that many, so he doesn't get a chance to say "Wooh".
  9. Andrei

Question about Themida: Scaring off legit purchases?

calandale said:
    I dislike games that force you to have a CD in the drive. It's going to wear out too quickly.

Indeed.  I buy all my games legally, but if I decide I like them then I e-mail my brother and ask him to find a crack for them.  So now I have a dozen or so cracked games on my hard drive, and a stack of CDs in my desk drawer - because it's just so much more convenient that way, and hey, I bought it!

I realise it's illegal, but I don't think it's against the spirit of the agreement (which basically says that if you take the game you have to pay for it), and I don't spread the cracks around.  Of course, I can't vouch for my brother... sometimes I wonder why he always finds these things so quickly.
  10. Andrei

strategy

Personally, I find that a fun tactic to use against my enemies - with me as the horseman, and the rest of my army shooting me in the back firing from a nearby hilltop.

It makes for very pretty, arrow-speckled patches of grass, too.
  11. Andrei

Swords and more swords and stuff

That's a cool collection of dragons.

If I could pick one thing to grab from that room, though, it would be the TV...
  12. Andrei

English clinic: Phrasing, spelling and grammar.

I knew you'd only had a king for a short time (before he was essentially threatened off the throne by the Allies), but I'd assumed he would have been crowned at some point... are you saying they never got around to it?
  13. Andrei

Jerky said:
    Maybe we just say it differently in Finland?

Quite possibly - the whole thing's pretty arbitrary anyway (Jesus was born in the year 6 BC and died in 27 AD, according to our best guesses, so the Christian justification doesn't work anymore).  Hey, maybe we should just count from the day the sun started... or the Big Bang... or the last time a king of Finland was crowned.  It makes as much sense as anything else.
  14. Andrei

Jerky said:
    Eh, makes sense with the century thing too...
    But if so, why did we celebrate the beginning of the second millenia when the year 1999 ended?

If I may be a little rude, here...

Because you couldn't count to three?

Over in the UK, we celebrated the beginning of the third millenium.  I believe there was alcohol, though, which I guess could excuse anyone who got the date wrong by 1,000 years or so.  Maybe.
  15. Andrei

Jerky said:
    Maybe you should get new ones then? It's already the second millennium youknow.
    They didn't print dictionaries before the second millenium.

And for those who still aren't up to speed, it's been the third millenium for several years now.
Back
Top Bottom