Recent content by Andargor

1. Andargor

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

xpak said:
    Hi MageLord, I have seen during last months that you are the "codeman".
    I know that you are a busiest man, but I was trying to built a "Taxman" who rents the tax of mi fiefs without I have to run over all the map, but I fail to attach the mod from version .960 to 1.03.

I think that the fail is in scripts.txt ¿could you help me?, I can edit rest of the files.

Greetings

There's the equivalent in the OP, under Villages/Towns:

6. Modification to be able to collect taxes from ALL your holdings by visiting any one of them.

2. Andargor

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

anifreak said:
    hey TML can u possibly make a way to recruit manhunters, cause getting manhunters is really hard bec. u can't attack them and the prisoners i free are very few considering the time it takes for sea raiders to get some prisoners. And if ur wondering what i want them for its just for RP reasons. :grin:
    and tnx a bunch 4 ur other tweaks, it made my game a lot more "interesting"  :smile:

If I want manhunters, I hang around the coast, large groups of sea raiders capture manhunters. You defeat the sea raiders and hire the manhunters you free.

EDIT: Oh you said that...  :oops: Well, I usually get a good quantity with some patience.

3. Andargor

TheMageLord said:
    Andargor,
    You could change it, but you would have to find it at every instance that changes your relation and adjust how it changes it. It's mostly in conversation.txt. You would have to search for what the npc says when it changes your relation, then find that specific big of dialog. Then find the amount of change in the numbers on the same line as that dialog. It would likely be following a large number, since most of the 2s and 3s and such following a small number is the number of operators in that function (numbers like 500 and 2133 and such are usually functions).

Hmm, conversations.txt seems to hold individual relations (like 144115188075855885 -30 1 3 on line 212 if you keep a captured lord captured after a battle). Are faction relation changes in there?

Alternatively, where are they stored? I looked at the save file, but couldn't figure it out. I'm a warlord, and I'm tired of factions I've worked up to 20+ relation all of a sudden declare war and set me at -40... :sad:
  4. Andargor

O master crafter, it is I, once more. :wink:

Is there a way to change faction relations (not individuals), or perhaps change the relation increase for helping a faction in a battle?

5. Andargor

TheMageLord said:
    Andargor,
    The game only has so many ransom brokers and it moves them around. I'm not sure if you can duplicate npcs across cities or not. The easiest way would be to just make tavern keepers buy prisoners. Go into conversation.txt and find:
    dlga_tavernkeeper_talk:close_window 69631 610  0 I_guess_I_should_leave_now.  6  0
    and paste this in right above it:
    dlga_tavernkeeper_talk:ransom_broker_sell_prisoners 69631 610  2 2159 1 72057594037927936 30 2 72057594037927936 1 I_have_prisoners_to_sell.  626  0
    It should look like:
    dlga_tavernkeeper_buy_drinks_2:tavernkeeper_pretalk 69631 616  0 Actually,_cancel_that_order.  612  0
    dlga_tavernkeeper_talk:ransom_broker_sell_prisoners 69631 610  2 2159 1 72057594037927936 30 2 72057594037927936 1 I_have_prisoners_to_sell.  626  0 This will give you an option to sell prisoners to tavern keepers.
    dlga_tavernkeeper_talk:close_window 69631 610  0 I_guess_I_should_leave_now.  6  0

Awesome, so simple! Thanks for making everyone's playing experience better!

6. Andargor

Hi! How would I go about making ransom brokers appear in all towns at all times?

Thanks for the great tips.  :smile:
Back
Top Bottom