Recent content by ammunis

1. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

I have a question

What is it that determines what mercenaries are available and where?  I would like to add farmers to the available list and remove some of the higher trained mercenaries.
  2. Three-way (or more) battles?

Shadowclaimer said:
    ammunis said:
    I can actually think of a situation where the tactical approach is to engage.

Picture marching your army and you see 2 enemies engaged in combat.  It makes more sense to move your archers into position and let loose volley after volley, than not to engage.  In the chaos of the battle, I seriously doubt the two armies would notice the appearance of the third force until it was tragically too late. You know with them being focused on not dying to the army they are currently engaged with and all.

I can also see leading a charge against an unprotected archery line once most their infantry and calvary had engaged the other enemy's forces.

I see it more risky to wait in a few situations.  Especially, if one force has larger numbers or is about to pull out the victory.

I still think that if they did notice you, they wouldn't just sit there and let you wait, they'd probably either both flee or such. Or even go as far as to screw with you and try to use the third force as a weapon =P

Even if three-way battles were implemented, you still have the option to sit and wait =P

Which gets back to realism, if that is what we are after.  If it were actually happening, your options would be to wait until there was a victor, charge the mass, or leave.
  3. Three-way (or more) battles?

I can actually think of a situation where the tactical approach is to engage.

Picture marching your army and you see 2 enemies engaged in combat.  It makes more sense to move your archers into position and let loose volley after volley, than not to engage.  In the chaos of the battle, I seriously doubt the two armies would notice the appearance of the third force until it was tragically too late. You know with them being focused on not dying to the army they are currently engaged with and all.

I can also see leading a charge against an unprotected archery line once most their infantry and calvary had engaged the other enemy's forces.

I see it more risky to wait in a few situations.  Especially, if one force has larger numbers or is about to pull out the victory.
Back
Top Bottom