Recent content by AlexanderV

1. Serial Key Badge

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
    Well if you'd read the rules when you joined...

With all due respect i've read most of the rules but that in no way explains me the gradations or policies on them. 

For example - I assumed it simply meant not to in any way describe the methods of piracy or request help doing so. Because that is - usually - how rules like these are enforced.
  2. Serial Key Badge

Haresus said:
    Go to any shop, anywhere. Steal something from the shop and try it, return a week later and pay for it.

Not really acceptable, is it now?

Difference being, this is not a physical product, had I erased it from my disk later i'd have cost absolutely nothing.

A better comparison would be to get electricity, see if it works, then refuse to pay the bill until you get it. That said, even in your scenario, it's a bit late to get pissy AFTER it's paid for, is it not?  :???:

Rams said:
    Mate, this is the official forum. The mods have been ordered to ban pirates on sight. Paradox as a company can't afford the risk, not only because of their own profit loss, but other companies might get involved or even sue them.

Thing is I am at this moment not a pirate - thus Paradox is neither at risk nor in any way compromised. I only mentioned I once did, and a total ****storm unleashes on a new member for it. What kind of way of treating people is that, mm mmm?

I'm a bit shocked here, I am brand new and I never been crusaded on like this by staff and players for such silly reasons before. I've build small games (Scala ones), i've been a member of countless of communities and have adminstered several large ones - including of games (google my email adress to find a few) and have seriously never seen this agression before. Did I eat anyones baby?

Even if it's that important to you piracy is not mentioned - i'd like to point out at this point I am a customer (and Taleworlds is free to change that!) and don't you agree that it would be more friendly, sensible and polite to simply ask me to refrain, instead of going on some form of crusade...?
  3. Serial Key Badge

Frosty said:
    AlexanderV said:
    For what, being a **** to new people for *le gasp* testing out the game before purchasing it?

You pirated it when there is a demo version available.

Real versions are a much better representation of a game. This game, for example, doesn't get remotely interesting in my opinion until you have at least 50 soldiers, which is frankly impossible on low levels. 

Does pirating hurt anyone? It does not. Did I deny the developers their rightful reward? No I did not.

So you explain to me, besides bureaucratic hocus pocus, what's the point of getting worked up about it?

All I am hearing here is people who feel the utter need to deny logical thought and sense for the sake of following a piece of text. Rules are merely a guideline of behavior and a tool of order - They by themselves do not cause, fix or explain any thing. I would dare say in this scenario I did the right thing, And I am certainly not going to be ashamed of that.

What kind of way is it to treat new members? Customers? Pointing a gun at their throats for not paying you early enough, before? 

It's not that difficult to be polite, friendly and respectful, get your point across. A simple "Please refrain from talking about piracy", could have sufficed in that. Yet there's the need to come with a banhammer and a crusade of rage? You explain me the point.
  4. Serial Key Badge

Darwin said:
    1. MagAx deserves the highest horse ever seen.
    2. You know there's a ******** trial version, where you can try out everything in the game until level 7.
    3. We've banned hundreds of people like you before.

For what, being a **** to new people for *le gasp* testing out the game before purchasing it? There's no gun or disadvantage in not actually buying it after. It's how I trial new games, no children died in the process, no one got a severe roasting. I find it rather childish if your pull your panties up over it.

I paid for the product - i've done absolutely no harm to anyone. I just ensured that, should I hate the game, I got a way out. Unless someone got a severe trauma from Captain Hook I can see nothing of danger there.

Instead of encouraging the fact I actually did bother buying the game - While having a perfectly functional free copy - and that I don't lie about it or attempt to hide so, you basically give me a slap in the face and pretend I am the spawn of satan himself? Now you tell me, where's the point or profit in that. All you do, is scare of a customer for good. Good job on that buddy! That'l teach them.... Not to bother buying the game after, that is :wink:
  5. Serial Key Badge

Magorian Aximand said:
    I'd contend the idea that any excuse for piracy could be considered sensible, but it doesn't matter much here. This forum has a zero tolerance policy on any form of piracy, and all admitted or discovered pirates are permanently banned. You won't be around long enough for us to have the conversation.

Get of your high horse. I pirated, I liked it, I bought it.

If that wouldn't be possible, frankly, I sincerely doubt M&B would have even half the audience it has now - because theres hundreds of games of small companies released each year and if you have to pay 20 dollar to try one, well, I think you can count on people sticking to the big ones :wink:

If the staff feels the need to permanently ban for the fact I, at some point in time, tried this game out by abusing their pretty much absent DRM, they can do so very much. But they only shoot themselves in the foot with it. Either way, you report it or shut up. Not that difficult. Backseat moderating will get you absolutely nowhere.

I don't fear or respect such nonsense. If they want to scare me, they can send a lawyer. If they bother to ban over this (which is pretty much retarded entirely as I purchased every game, some even double, after) that only shows that tradition dictates common sense and I have no place here to begin with.

But again, congratulations on your backseat moderation skills. Unfortunately it doesn't help, support anyone nor will people think "mmm, what a cool guy!". The mods are perfectly capable of making decisions of their own, I suspect. Just like they're perfectly capable of making statements on their own.
  6. Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Illusive Man said:
    I'm thinking of buying a server, but what system stats I need to run a ~20 slot server smoothly?

From my experience the system strain is minimal. A 3ghz singlecore, 1gb ram, should do. I think. Don't quote me on that though.

Adam_The_Templar said:
    and if i want to open a server on vps?

I'd personally not try. It maybe possible, don't get me wrong. But with a VPS you don't have any "real" portion when it comes to the CPU. Which with CPU-intensive games like this is less then ideal, in my opinion. Rather get a cheap dedi, I think... That said if you insist on trying, the server software doesn't seem to be much of a multicore fan nor a rammongerer. So a 1GB ram server with a single assigned core hopefully of 2 to 3 ghz should do the job for most... I do suggest trying before buying, though.
  7. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

New features are all cool and nice - but remember they come at a cost.

You want more units? Prepare for the already CPU-shattering M&B Experience to get even worse. More graphics? Realize adding even a single layer of clothes to every soldier, simple as it is, or increasing the texture, isn't just one piece. It's up to 200 possible additional pieces of ram being loaded.

My personal christmas list is a more powerful, optimized core game. One that handles large-unit battles more efficiently, fully utilizes modern hardware and really pushes things to the max. There's a lot of room for improvement there - when I can play Skyrim, Total War at 60 FPS with max settings on both PC's and this game simply murders one of mine and has severe framerate drops on the other even on low settings, that tells me there's some inefficiencies going on, somewhere. The amount of ram it takes up is rediculous considering the low texture quality and low amount of actually relevant objects. (No physics/interactivity with almost all of them... NW has a few but still mostly a static world...).

The main choke point is likely the amount of AI's - but i'm sure even that can be improved on.

A more solid, well performing game opens the doors to bigger, better expansions and future improvements. Perhaps utilize Steam Workshops for mods, up performance to the max then work on increasing the size of battles, adding features and larger actual expansions (that purely add on the core game, for a more solid experience... I understand originally this was very low budget and little attention was given, forcing low pricings and making many cheaper games the way to go. But i'd say it's gotten to a stage of maturity where a 50 euros core with actual expansions, opposed to just reflavorings, is both viable and better for all parties. Because you can potentially charge far more money without "milking" the franchise, whilst we in practice can pay less for more content.).

That's what i'd like to see...  *crosses fingers*
  8. Inheritance, Marriage and Death

What a splendid idea. Creates a more "living" and realistic gaming world while adding a whole new dimension between marriage (austria style!) and decreasing the current clutter of having loads of minor lords with an affliation to only the king...

I like!
  9. About to Pass WFaS!

I'd say, with the forum superiority proven, it's about time for an invasion!

The WFaS forumers are obviously weak in numbers and inferior! We must conquer them and spread the empire far and wide!

By "we" I mean you, of course. I'll just... sit here and eat popcorn... ACTION!

I mean... hu...zah? Yes... HUzzah.... HUZZAH!
  10. Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Vincenzo said:
    Yes, I copied this over from the warband Server guide that I made back then, where the binary by default points to the "native" module folder.
    The wfas binary for some reason still points by default to this native module folder even if it does not exist, thus not finding any module files.
    Using the -m switch pointing it to the correct module fixes that, although a linux user could have found that out by just checking out what the bat file did.. :razz:

fixed the manual nontheless.

Ah cheers!

Sorry for acting all pissy, it's just I spend a good few hours thinking I had screwed up Wine :razz: So much reinstallations.  :sad:

And asking on the M&B forums how to pirate M&B? Really? Barcagio?

Not possible nova.

11. Serial Key Badge

Alright, so basically, i've decided to actually participate in the community (woohoo) and had a few weeks ago decided to purchase the full collection from steam (before that I had some pirated ones and some bought ones, figured M&B had proven to be worth money to me and I may as well go full...
  12. Post here if you are looking for a regiment or members.

Hey there, I have been playing this series since the original mount & blade and recently decided to try out NW. Didn't have much faith since all I really liked about WFaS was it's singleplayer (having an army of hussars is awesome) and got told that apparently being in a regiment really makes NW a lot more fun. I've played it a few days, it's a decent game but... Who knows, maybe this is more immersive.

I'd like to find a regiment that has Skype if possible (I prefer it much over steam...), TS3 is fine but I am not particularly fond of it, if it has ranks that's great, I care for chatting, activity and a bit of immersion. A server is nice and all but I don't really want to join any small servers because of a regiment, I like the big ones. Don't mind small regiments though, just more cozy...  If I have to choose a country, i'd say france, but I don't really care. I am dutch myself and would like an english speaking one (I hate speaking in my own language in games).

Any recommendations or takers for the local community-new guy? Or should I keep firing cannon balls into cacti? (I don't like cacti)
  13. Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

This deserves a new post and I INSIST the mods update the main post for this. The starting line for linux is INCORRECT, it is supposed to be:

wineconsole --backend=curses mb_wfas_dedicated.exe -r ****.txt -m Ogniem i Mieczem

Thanks!
  14. Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Hey guys, I decided to try and host a dedicated server.

My machine is situated a continent away from me, it has 8 intel xeon cores and 16GB ram, 100 MB connection. AKA, should be able to run this without it stressing more then 10% of the CPU.

I installed the EPEL package for extra repositories, then used
    yum install wine
    yum install wine-devel

Unfortunately, when I try to fire up the server, the log files read this:
    (server just dies,)
    (Damn you forum, blocking me from using pastebin)
        Starting new log file.
        Version:  1.143

Processing Ini File {
        Module is not compatible with Warband, module will load all new compatibility resources.
        Loading compatibility resources:
        Loading Resource  arabian_horses
        Loading Resource  arabian_castle
        Loading Resource  armors_d
        Loading Resource  armors_e
        Loading Resource  armors_f
        Loading Resource  armors_g
        Loading Resource  armors_h
        Loading Resource  armors_i
        Loading Resource  boots_b
        Loading Resource  boots_c
        Loading Resource  helmets_e
        Loading Resource  helmets_f
        Loading Resource  user_interface_c
        Loading Resource  map_flags_d
        Loading Resource  castle_i
        Loading Resource  gatehouse
        Loading Resource  viking_houses
        Loading Resource  simple_primitives
        Loading Resource  weapons_f
        Loading Resource  instruments
        Loading Resource  sarranid_armors
        Loading Resource  ani_stand
        Loading Resource  ani_crouch_down
        Loading Resource  ani_low_walk
        Loading Resource  ani_turn_man
        Loading Resource  ani_attacks_single
        Loading Resource  ani_lancer
        Loading Resource  ani_attacks
        Loading Resource  ani_kicks
        Loading Resource  ani_parry_attack
        Loading Resource  ani_walk_backward
        Loading Resource  ani_run_lookingsides
        Loading Resource  ani_defends
        Loading Resource  ani_walk_lookingsides
        Loading Resource  ani_jump
        Loading Resource  ani_wedding
        Loading Resource  arabian_props
        Loading Resource  dart
        Loading Resource  armors_new_a
        Loading Resource  armors_new_b
        Loading Resource  armors_new_heraldic
        Loading Resource  armors_new_arena
        Loading Resource  crossbows
        Loading Resource  arabian_armors
        Loading Resource  rock
        Loading Resource  costumes_d
        Loading Resource  nordic_helmets
        Loading Resource  sarranid_helmets
        Loading Resource  sarranid_armor
        Loading Resource  raw_materials
        Loading Resource  khergit_lady_dress
        Loading Resource  vaegir_helmets
        Loading Resource  gauntlets_new
        Loading Resource  sarranid_lady_dress
        Loading Resource  sarranid_boots
        Loading Resource  bride_dress
        Loading Resource  ship
        Loading Resource  arabian_houses
        Loading Resource  object_c
        Loading Resource  tree_f
        Loading Resource  interiors_arabian
        Loading Resource  arabian_village
        Loading Resource  valleyProps
        Loading Resource  warhorse_new
        Loading Resource  ui_server_filter
        Loading Resource  barrier_primitives

} //Processing Ini File Finished
        ERROR: Unable to open Modules\Native\sounds.txt Exiting network manager...  OK!
        Deleting resources...  Exiting physics manager...

Using:

[root@*** MBServer]# wineconsole --backend=curses mb_wfas_dedicated.exe -r Sample_Captain_Coop.txt
Back
Top Bottom