Recent content by Alene

1. Alene

Warband wont start and i dont know how CDkeys work

Just download the game from TW website. Your CD key should be in the registry, so chances are you don't need to put it anywhere. In case you need to, the game will ask you for it. To find your CD key from Steam, go to Steam Library, right click Warband and from there pick Manage -> CD keys
  2. Alene

In Progress Troops fleeing at start of battle

I have noticed the same. However, I have not seen any of my troops to actually do that, it only shows on the after battle screen.
  3. Alene

item_kinds1.txt question

Morgh's Editor should work with original M&B too. Give it a shot, but don't forget to make backups.
  4. Alene

Resolved module incompatibility

I'd try this method first: Go to Steam library and from there Bannerlord preferences. And then from betas pick up one version newer than your saved game version. Load the save, save again (don't overwrite to keep the original save there in case this does not work), and go pick one version newer beta. Repeat until you're on the newest version.
  5. Alene

[TKOS] The Kingdom of Swadia (Inactive)

Blueberry probably has them stored somewhere, sure. It was a great server to play in, I miss it too.
  6. Alene

How famous is the above player?

Strelok... now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.

Great infantry, was already an awesome duelist and great with 1-hander when I started playing.
  7. Alene

Profile Updates

Here's a thread that has all the info you need: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-ownership.447912/

Note that it does not work for Bannerlord. At least not yet.
  8. Alene

Badges page and Old Guard badge

Did not feel like making a new thread for this, but for some reason I was "awarded" Steam badge and Old Guard badge under an hour ago. I've had those from the start. Checking, I noticed that I had only those badges now, my Honour Guard badge was missing. Few minutes later all my old badges reappeared, but the new badges did not go away.

So, I now have duplicates of Steam badge and Old Guard badge. I don't really mind having them, but maybe I could sell those to the highest bidder?
  9. Alene

Open Mount & Blade a d3d

Are you using any mods?

Also running the game in windowed mode may help.
  10. Alene

Badges page and Old Guard badge

Open this link, you should see your badge(s) on the bottom of the page. Next to the name of the badge there's a megaphone icon, click that to "feature" it on your page.

Edit: You seem to have the badge featured already.
  11. Alene

Open Recent Nvidia Driver Update causes stuttering and memory leak.

With the recent Nvidia Driver Update "496.49" the game becomes unplayable after couple of minutes. It starts with the mouse cursor by flickering and the game fps is dropping from my 141fps to 50fps then back to 141fps and in the next moment its going down again. I had once this issue some months ago and after Nvidia released an new driver update, the issue was gone. Also after restarting the Pc and going back to the game will fix this issue for couple of minutes before it starts again to drop the fps! Is there anyway to fix this issue permanently?

You can try this
    This is due to the program doing a SetCursor with NULL making the cursor invisible using GDI, then doing a SetCursor with DirectX to set the cursor visible again. Whilst I do not the exact mechanism as to why it causes FPS issues, I'd guess that it's due to some kind of GDI/DirectX synchronization having to occur.

A workaround is to patch byte at 00216FA5 from 00 to 01 In mb_warband.exe (for steam version at least). This causes the SetCursor to fail thereby preventing the aforementioned hitching. In my system my FPS became steady and never once dipped again.

Side effects may include a cursor being visible when it shouldn't be (though I doubt it).

This may be an NVIDIA bug, it might be a Windows GDI bug, but really, ultimately, this is just a poor programming bug. There is no reason I can think of why the cursor must be hidden by GDI just to be shown again by DirectX. Perhaps editor mode? Maybe?
    -----
    EDIT: -- I'd like to point out that after further research the above is actually valid and usual way of handling this according to the Microsoft documentation. Why this causes flickering is unknown, and why ignoring the setCursor fixes it is also unknown.

-----

Anyway, I develop programs for my real life, and I've written an automatic patcher to make the single byte change above (for steam version only), I'll link it below (if it works, not sure if the forum will mangle it).

It's an exe file because that is easiest to distribute. Reminder that you should never download .exe files the internet, but here you go:

You can always restore the Warband files using Steam to re-validate them if you think something is wrong.
  12. Alene

In Progress Mount And Blade Warband Crash problem in map and menus

This might help

This is due to the program doing a SetCursor with NULL making the cursor invisible using GDI, then doing a SetCursor with DirectX to set the cursor visible again. Whilst I do not the exact mechanism as to why it causes FPS issues, I'd guess that it's due to some kind of GDI/DirectX synchronization having to occur.

A workaround is to patch byte at 00216FA5 from 00 to 01 In mb_warband.exe (for steam version at least). This causes the SetCursor to fail thereby preventing the aforementioned hitching. In my system my FPS became steady and never once dipped again.

Side effects may include a cursor being visible when it shouldn't be (though I doubt it).

This may be an NVIDIA bug, it might be a Windows GDI bug, but really, ultimately, this is just a poor programming bug. There is no reason I can think of why the cursor must be hidden by GDI just to be shown again by DirectX. Perhaps editor mode? Maybe?
    -----
    EDIT: -- I'd like to point out that after further research the above is actually valid and usual way of handling this according to the Microsoft documentation. Why this causes flickering is unknown, and why ignoring the setCursor fixes it is also unknown.

-----

Anyway, I develop programs for my real life, and I've written an automatic patcher to make the single byte change above (for steam version only), I'll link it below (if it works, not sure if the forum will mangle it).

It's an exe file because that is easiest to distribute. Reminder that you should never download .exe files the internet, but here you go:

You can always restore the Warband files using Steam to re-validate them if you think something is wrong.
  13. Alene

Open Unable to launch Warband

You could also check if this helps
    "I solved this problem because I found your "Current language for non-unicode programs" should match your game's default language. e.g. You set up a chinese Mount&Blade but your non-unicode programs is English or others, your computer can't compile your game. Go "setting" - "Time & Language" - "Region" - "Additional date, time & regional settings"(right side) - "Change date, tiime, or number formats" - "Administrative" - "Change system locate". "
    the only thing i added ,after following the instructions, at the last step there is a box saying : "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" and it must be checked!
  14. Alene

Resolved warband

I don't know if this is your issue, but you could try this
    "I solved this problem because I found your "Current language for non-unicode programs" should match your game's default language. e.g. You set up a chinese Mount&Blade but your non-unicode programs is English or others, your computer can't compile your game. Go "setting" - "Time & Language" - "Region" - "Additional date, time & regional settings"(right side) - "Change date, tiime, or number formats" - "Administrative" - "Change system locate". "
    the only thing i added ,after following the instructions, at the last step there is a box saying : "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" and it must be checked!
  15. Alene

Resolved warband

What exactly happens when you try to launch the game?
Back
Top Bottom