Recent content by Akselst

1. Need More Info Server log out

My friend has the same problem as Deviant.
    Most of the time the game disconnects from server when we are looking for a match in match making.
    Deleting bin files and mods, and then checking integrity of game files did not fix the problem. Reinstalling the game did not fix the problem. This problem first appeared today.
  2. READ THIS if you Crash & Lag in-game and have 64bit PC

I did what was recommended in the first post. Still once in a while i get an error message saying something like. "The game crashed in an unusual way...". Happens circa 1 out of 10 times when joining server or loading new map on a server.
  3. Read this if you have 32 Bit PC and want to play the mod!

Thanks. That is great news! :grin:

BTW. Have to say also, when I'm past the loading screen I love this mod. One of the best mods ever. But I would recommend not adding too much more content and rather polishing what you've got.
  4. Read this if you have 32 Bit PC and want to play the mod!

Yes. Have ticked load textures on demand and use pixel shaders. Also notice recently that reducing the textures to 10% before load actually doesn't have such a huge impact as I though (or experienced earlier). Still too long loading though. ca 10 min. +- 9 min.
  5. Read this if you have 32 Bit PC and want to play the mod!

I use 64-bit Windows 8.1 and it can take up to 10 minutes to load intro screen. I don't have loading problems with any other games, usually loading takes seconds. I use a pretty decent 7200-rpm hard drive. Of course not as fast as a SSD, but definitely shouldn't take 10 min to load. Weird thing is that sometimes loading takes like 1 min.

Please help.

Computer specs:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz
    8.00 GB RAM
    Driver Version 344.60
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro

Edit: Also should mention that game won't load at all (or at least use more than an hour to load) if I don't lower texture quality to 10% before launching the mod. Game runs perfectly when I get on a server, no lag or anything whatsoever. Only once in a while when map switches I get an error message and game crashes, but this is rare.
  6. Don't see any servers online

Okey. Noticed I had version 1.153 of Warband, which isn't the current one. Updated an voila.

Problem solved.
  7. Don't see any servers online

Yepp. Filters off, still no servers. Searching on internet settings. I used to see servers when I played years ago, but not anymore

Edit: Okey. This is what I do. Start game (Native Warband) -> multiplayer -> Join Game -> Source: Internet -> uncheck filters -> refresh. And then no servers shows up. It looks like it's searching for them though. Says something like 'Retrievinginformation from servers (20)...'.

I'll try to reinstall and see if that helps. Thanks for reply also. Will check other threads.
  8. Don't see any servers online

I can't see any servers online in Warband? Just downloaded the game after not playing for years, and I wanted to test the full invasion 2 mod that looks epic. Have checked if my firewall lets Warband through, it does. Can't see any servers neither on Native nor Full Invasion 2 mod. Please...
  9. BECOME A SUPPORTER!! (1755/1776/1860s Supporter Pics)

I have to say this is a great piece of work Grabilduro! I'm a big fan.

It's maybe not as polished as the old 1866 mod yet, but remembering how many talented people that worked on that mod back in the days (Highlander, Yellowmosquito, Penis Colada, Insomniac, that other Norwegian guy - yes I'm Norwegian - and whoever I might have forgotten. I was merely a lazy Beta tester and didn't do crap, but I those guy's sweat and tears are still fresh in my memory, and 1866 is an amazing mod after all), I have to say I'm impressed by the work you've done. I actually started to play M&B again because of this mod after a long break.  :smile:

Keep up the good work man!  :wink:
  10. [M] Finland at WW2

elorian said:
    my computer is older than 5 years and even the grenades dont make it lag  :shock: so whats youre problem?!
    If you play in small enough battles it shouldn't be a problem, and as this a multilayer you usually won't play in too big battles. But anyway, you should never have tris in a model that doesn't affect it in any way. Just an advice to the creator.
  11. [M] Finland at WW2

This mod looks great, but I have to tell ya.

Some of those weapon models of yours are way too detailed. Not only too detailed, but some also have a lot of unnecessary triangles attached to them. For example you don't need a hole in the barrels on the gun models. The hole can much easier and for the better be textured on instead of modelled (as this adds A LOT of unnecessary detail to the model). Remember that everybody doesn't a fix new gamingcomputer to run this game, and it's better to keep the tricount low. At least bellow 2000 I would say. Maybe even bellow 1000 for smaller objects (firearms). Good luck with this mod!  :wink:
  12. B Musket Era Other [WB] Pirates & Fishmod

Yoshiboy said:
    Yeah I do do that. Thanks for the link. Looks good. Unfortunately I can't do many of the things you've listed or have no interest in programming something so complicated.

* Guys running around on the ships (hard animation but possible, just make some lowpoly models of sailors and animate them) - I can place people statically on ships, and force them to play animations (this is already in), but actually having them walk about is basically out because of M&B's collision detection and the complications in setting an absolute AI position to move to while the ship is moving. Still, saying this some animations can be quite long and complicated and have the agent offset from the center, so they don't just have to stand on the spot. Well, this is great. This feature is not what I would prioritise, but if you could just add some static guys moving their body at least. 100% better than nothing!  :smile:
        * Cannons (firing, reloading, voices when cannons on x side is reloaded) - Half of this is already implemented, the rest will be done soon.Great!
        * Animated flags on top of masts (nice if you have factions like Britain, Portugal ETC. and I really hope you plan to add these factions!) - As I can't do vertex animated props, or shaders, these will not flap nicely, but perhaps I will have small flags that rotate to simulate flapping a little. Depends if it looks alright.Sounds good.
        * How ships gets damaged during combat (holes, small wood pieces flies around, smoke and fire, Fire Arrow - Turn Into an Inferno?) - Been thinking of ways I might be able to do this and it should be possible but it isn't high on the priority list if it becomes complicated so don't hold your breath.Agreed. This would be a very nice feature, making the ship battles awesome. But it's hard to implement and not something to prioritise, at least not for the first release.
        * You could look at the items you have and can buy in A&P (for example are cannonballs, grape shot, chain shot and exploding cannonballs buyable items, which I really like) - Yeah I'll have chainshot, grapeshot and round shot. Great! Other things you also should have is for example tea (very valuable, because of the British import block), cannabis and rum!  :grin: What would the pirates be without rum. But you're surely going to implement these things, but still. If you check out all the great stuff in AoP I guess you'll find something you didn't think of adding.
        * The AoP ships (a large variety of good pirate, trading and and naval ships) - The ship list is on the front page. They are long and time consuming to set up, create and get in game so I can't really be making any more. Hope that is comprehensive enough for you.Yes, saw it right after I wrote the message. A great list (The ship of the line 101, awesome ship!). BTW. Will it be possible to have more than two ships in one battle scene? (like would you have allied ships fighting on your side, several enemies to fight?). Would be a great add to gameplay and realism, as ships did usually not sail alone on the ocean.
        * Naming your ship feature - Will be included Awesome!
        * Many good sailing abilities/skills to implement (navigation, maneuverability, cannon reloading skill ETC.) - These will be included Superb!
        * The wind calculation system you see on the right side of the screen in the video (well developed system, and of course hard to make in M&B, but look at it) - I'm not going to have anything that complicated. There might be both side sails and main sails which affect a ships speed but I wont have the ability to raise and lower them independently. This is both something that is difficult to implement (you realize I had to hack in my own inverse trig functions), something that isolates players due to it's complexity, and something I don't even want to begin to think about programming AI for. Yes, I understand that this is too complex to add the whole system. What I would like to see is someting compasslike, that shows the direction of the wind. Maybe just a compass needle in a corner of the screen. Maybe (if possible) it changes color after the weather conditions (for example nice weather, little wind, green. Bad weather, stormy, red)
        * All the bars at the screen when sailing (ship health, crew morale, amount of cannonballs and which type that is loaded into the cannons, and the genius compass) - Some of this will be in. BTW. don't add too much of this. What I like about M&B is that it doesn't overload the screen with bars and unnecessary stuff.
    Well, this sounds great! Just sue Taleworlds if they don't give away shaders, implement what you can, stay positive and don't close this project, and I'm a very happy man!  :wink:

I don't want to disappoint you but you have to remember this is basically a one man project, and a mod not an indie game. Lots of these things I'd love to implement if I was working on a full game, but I'm not, and I've chosen not to because I wanted to have combat - one of the most important things - working, fun and in depth, out of the box. I've already pushed the engine far beyond what it is meant for, and I'm working on a low level that can make things which would appear trivial, extremely complicated. I'm also tight for time, so want to get something in a finished state before I add too many features.

Anyway, cheers for the suggestions. I actually have quite a few people testing at the moment but I'll tell you if you need more.

I don't expect anything of someone working for free on his freetime, to make something great for everybody. I'm in no way disappointed (this sounds great really!) As I've worked with modding earlier in my life, I know how it is. You can't do or implement anything. I also support you in not recruiting too many. All projects that every did that was either shut down, or lead into nothing but a great mess. I'm very thankfull just that you look at my proposals. Again this mod is awesome, and I don't expect you to sit and prioritise this mod above your own life. Keep up the good work man!

Edit: If you were to recruit someone, it would be someone to help you with the world map. You could probably get someone experienced to help you with that, and then you can focus on the other work. Myself I would had loved to help you, but I'm not very skilled at anything. I know only a little handfull about scripting, and I've never created a world map before.

The work i have done earlier is modeling and beta testing. I'm not better than you at modeling and I make horrible textures, so I'm no good for you there. But as I said, I'm still open for betatesting this week, and whenever I find time later.
  13. B Musket Era Other [WB] Pirates & Fishmod

Hi Yoshiboy. Just wondered, do you differe speed when the sails are raised/lowered? You should do so. The ship should move much slower forward when the sails are raised.

Here you have a video from the game Age of Pirates (a very good pirate game), the ships moves very realistic in this game, so watch them closely.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmx72UOWt-Y

This game has many good features when it comes to sailing and ship battles, unfortunately the fighting on deck is really bad.

AoP + M&B = awesomely epic! If you manage to make your sailing and ship battles system as close up to the Age of Pirates system as possible, this mod will rule and seriously be the best pirate mod/game ever!

Features from AoP to look at (the ones I remember):
    • Sail animations (lowering, raising, cannon holes)
    • Waves (know we have talked about this, but just look at it)
    • Ship movement (what we talked about)
    • Guys running around on the ships (hard animation but possible, just make some lowpoly models of sailors and animate them)
    • Cannons (firing, reloading, voices when cannons on x side is reloaded)
    • Animated flags on top of masts (nice if you have factions like Britain, Portugal ETC. and I really hope you plan to add these factions!)
    • How ships gets damaged during combat (holes, small wood pieces flies around, smoke and fire, Fire Arrow - Turn Into an Inferno?)
    • You could look at the items you have and can buy in A&P (for example are cannonballs, grape shot, chain shot and exploding cannonballs buyable items, which I really like)
    • The AoP ships (a large variety of good pirate, trading and and naval ships)
    • Naming your ship feature
    • Many good sailing abilities/skills to implement (navigation, maneuverability, cannon reloading skill ETC.)
    • The wind calculation system you see on the right side of the screen in the video (well developed system, and of course hard to make in M&B, but look at it)
    • All the bars at the screen when sailing (ship health, crew morale, amount of cannonballs and which type that is loaded into the cannons, and the genius compass)
    • And many more. I suggest you check out this game, because the features of it is awesome.

I guess many of these features will be hard or impossible to add, but I hope you can use some of them at least.

BTW. If you need someone to betatest, I have Holiday the whole week and little to do. I have betatested for other mods before when I was into the modding community (for example 1866). I don't have much time in the normal weeks when I'm working and studying, so it's only now in the Holiday and weekends I could do a job, and really I'm not very interrested in M&B anymore (not because it's a bad game, but because I'm not so much into gaming anymore). But I'm interrested in this mod, so you have my offer.
  14. [OSP][Item] Modern weapons

Austupaio said:
    Ejection Port.

Silver thing on the bottom one, your weapons generally lack where the bullet casing comes out of the weapon. Has nothing to do with M&B, just the model's accuracy to the real life thing.

Okay sorry, my English vocabulary isn't the best. Haven't heard that word before "Ejection". Only injection, but that something fairly different.

And yeah, I know. I wasn't sure how I should make the opening for bullet casing so it looked good, but didn't increase the tri count too much. I've tried to make the models with so little detail as possible, as Mount & Blade is not a FPS game, and people often complain about how the more and more enhanced graphics makes the game run slower. With a crappy PC myself I know how it is when the detail becomes to great for my processor. Anyway, if I get some really good pictures of the ejection on the AK47 and the M16A1-A2 and M4 Carbine, I could see if I get time to make it on those models at least.

Edit: Really I've stopped working on this project a long time ago, but if you are willing to do some research for me and a skilled texturer volunteers to help with the textures, I might finish this OSP (at least with the models I've already created).

Edit 2: Another reason why I made these models so lowpoly is that I wasn't really quite sure how detailed models for Mount & Blade could be. But then it's also fine that the models are simple, so other people can easily improve them themselves. Also the ejection ports could be added to the texture and look okay on most of the guns. But maybe not on the M16A1-A2 and the M4 Carbine. After summer ends I have no plans to continue to work on this OSP, so everything must be fixed till then.
  15. [OSP][Item] Modern weapons

That might be, I'm not very familiar with making models for Mount & Blade. Can you explain it better?

Edit: Do you mean that all the elements in a model have to be linked with eachother, is that the problem?
Back
Top Bottom