Recent content by akmatov

1. Suggestions

Is there some way I can remove the atmospheric shaded yellow background from the Troop Trees?  I like to print them out so they are handy when upgrading troops and the background and the shading make most of the text really hard to read.  Or maybe provide them in the Wiki?
  2. Religion

While I would personally enjoy having a religious presence from a realism perspective, I fear it would be a mistake.  If it were to be reflective of the real middle ages, the religions that would be portrayed would be Christianity and Islam, plus the occasional heretics on both side.  Two huge problems with this would be how each religion is portrayed and the opportunity for this portrayal and contemporary reality to cause endless 'upset'.  Given that Taleworlds is located in Turkey any introduction of religion into this product might actually be dangerous for them, which I'm sure was part of their decision process in the first place.  So I for one, realism fan that I am, am content with a wonderful game only slightly marred by a need to acknowledge  contemporary craziness.

One other mod is talking about introducing shamanism which might be fun, if only the mod had all the features of Floris.  Something like that, not the major magical stuff all over the internet, but sort of hedge magic with minor potions might be fun (nothing game changing, but atmospheric), and realistic.
  3. Long time no Tourney

Low level character, L8, playing Expanded and loving it.  However, it has been about two months with no tourneys.  I'm assuming I just haven't stumbled across them, but still I was stumbling across them about every two weeks before.  Is there a problem or is it just luck of the randomizer? And...
  4. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Just upgraded Tactics to 3 and now with a force of 89, I'm going into battle with 16 troops!!!!  Huh?  Tried the Wiki and the article on Pre-Battle Deployment hasn't been written. Help
  5. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Code:
     Any suggestions on how to turn my horse bows loose to ride around and act like horse bows?  I've tried skirmish, and that comes up as 'avoid melee' with the horse bows standing around with my infantry line.

Give the skirmish order and have them charge, or hold position and attack a group, or alternatively order them to follow you about and lead them in a few passes around your enemies.  Be careful not to lead them into the middle of your enemies though.

As best I recall before I discovered battle commands, the horse archers when not given any command would go out and act like horse archers should - staying out of melee and shooting up anything that moved.  Now the first thing I do is order everyone to stand fast and not go haring off over the hills like mad rabbits.  I would like to know if there is a command that will return the horse archers to their correct behavior.  I don't really want to have to give hold orders to the Infantry, and the Cavalry and the foot Archers separately so the Horse Archers can go do their thing, but unless there is a command to release them they just stand around in the middle of my infantry line and act like targets.
  6. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

I was just in a siege battle where we went over the wall.  It was the recapture of a town so I wasn't really expecting a lot of civilian type loot, but I was surprised there was zero military loot.  Surely this should be fixed?

Speaking of loot, raided a village and collected quite a bit of loot, but one of my companions got quite upset my mistreating the poor peasants.  Is her whining going to lead to me loosing her later or is that just for atmosphere?  Her moral is 99% and she is happy with everything if I ask her.

7. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Any suggestions on how to turn my horse bows loose to ride around and act like horse bows?  I've tried skirmish, and that comes up as 'avoid melee' with the horse bows standing around with my infantry line.
  8. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

In the Training areas, how do you access the bullseye targets and the destructible man targets?

Also, while I can sell off the riff raff to the Ransom Broker, why can I not do so with a Lord?  Historically, capturing a Lord was a great way to make money from a ransom.  Here I seem to just be stuck with feeding him until peace breaks out, the Ransom Broker wouldn't buy him.
  9. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Lame horses recover over time in the leader's Inventory
    1) Will they also recover in a companion's Inventory?
    2) Is there anything I can do to speed up recovery?

10. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Something is odd with Prisoner Management.  I have PM-1 and one of my companions has PM-2, yet I can only have 5 prisoners.  I think it should be either 10 or 15.  Am I doing something wrong?
  11. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

To command archers to volley fire the command sequence is 2-F7-F6
  12. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Okay, we have a working solution for this in 2.53.  You can turn in the quest to the local arena master if the hosting lord is not present in the city (otherwise he'll refer you to speak to him instead).  You can thank Duh for both the idea and convincing me to implement it this evening.

Thanks to the both of you, it just makes sense.  :grin:

I'm assuming 5.3 is the next mod upgrade coming along in the future (I actually checked Nexus :smile: )
  13. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Do you have a high encumbrance?  Both of these skills suffer from encumbrance penalty if you do not have it disabled in the main mod options.

Thx, I would have never guessed I had to strip my boy down to his underwear to upgrade his skills.  :shock:

Could you point me in the right direction for disabling it in the 'main mod options'?  I've checked the options when you start and the options once  you are in-game, so this must be something I'm unaware of, I think.
    [/quote]
  14. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

1) I received a quest to go to a tourney, I went and actually ended up the champion, yet my quest log shows I have to talk to the lord hosting the tourney, even though he didn't bother to come.  I guess this is another one of those chase all over the map for the wandering lord so you can finish your quest.  Would be nice if the lord was set to be in town during the tourney.

2) Don't know if this is a bug or me not understanding.  I have Agility of 10 and in order to get to Horse Archery - 1 I have to burn THREE Skill Points.  Surely something is wrong.

3) Also, with the same Agility of 10 I can not increase my riding skill above 2.  Also, seems wrong as I think I can go to 1/3 of my Attributes in Skill, right?
  15. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

I have been invited to three feasts now, with no idea when.  I seems like a quest, but doesn't show up there.  I just know who invited me and where, but as I said not when.  Also, once I got a red message about my failing to show up.  Is something not quite connected completely or what?
Back
Top Bottom