Recent content by Aghalen

1. Aghalen

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Too many noble trees are just heavy cav

Well most actual nobles in the game do fight on horseback (except for some Batannians). I called them 'noble' because that's what most people call them, they should really be called something else, like 'elite troop line' or 'tier 6 line'.
    I understand.
    The reason they are referred to as Noble trees, is that are meant to represent landed individuals who aren't part of the higher nobility, yet they probably have Titles. Historical examples would be Charlemagnenian Knechts, Medieval Knights, Byzantine Archontopouloi, and Norse Housecarls.
    I think it is nice fluff.
  2. Aghalen

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Bring back Noble Titles

I would love to see Titles brought back like in Warband. Apart from the cool factor there's an beneficial aspect to characters having a title to signify rank. It easily conveys information. How I would Implement it: Every Leader of a clan gets a title depending on the Culture of their faction...
  3. Aghalen

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Too many noble trees are just heavy cav

I disagree, historically many Nobles fought as heavy cav. Warhorses being expensive to maintain, leaving only minor nobles to be able to afford them.
    I wouldn't mind however if an additional branch was added for noble trees.
  4. Aghalen

Editting Banners

The odd fact is that if you check the items of lords in an editor they all appear to have the same entry.
    In my mind that would mean that they are not different items, but variations. How do I access these?
  5. Aghalen

Editting Banners

I was recently trying to edit banners in the game in order to reassign them to lords. Lions and Reds to Swadia, Greens to the Rhodoks, Axes to Nords etc, etc. So I've hit a snag. I found that when I overwrote a banner one of the banners_X file, it would not update the back of a Heraldic armour...
  6. Aghalen

Historically wrong

I have found one thing which is incorrect:
    Northhumbria is ruled by Halfdan Ragnarsson, while in the story you're told about how they placed the puppet Cyning(King) Egbert to control the locals. Shouldn't Egbert then be the ruler of the Kingdom (At least officially - in practise the Jarls ruled)
  7. Aghalen

Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 6 - Astounding Squirms

Manu_La_Canette said:
    Awesome stuff here!  :grin:

But...

What about making fat characters or be able to tweak the simple size of his belly?

Seriously.

That would be interesting.

The game could offer you before you edit the face a choice of body type.
    Four or five would suffice. And it will make masses of troops look outstanding.
  8. Aghalen

Mount and Blade 2 - Suggestions

- Damage to equipment.

This game is not like wow or any other mmorpg in which the goal is to gear up a player.
    Armours tend to break, crack and become in need of repairs.
    And if you neglect that, then they get destroyed beyond repair.

- Killable nobles.

Although killing counts and dukes was not advised as the ransom money was a good income for a medieval force, it doesnt mean that they were never ever killed.

- Kill/Knock out distinction.

A sword does not always kill, and nor can you survive a mallet in the size of a child to the head.
  9. Aghalen

Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

Orion said:
    Aghalen said:
    I would like to see different animations for different armors. An archer wearing light leather runs far more gracefully than a knight with 50 pounds of steel plate strapped onto him.

Plate harness is made to be fought in. In order to fight effectively you need full range of motion. It also mostly rides on the hips, so while it's heavy in an absolute sense it doesn't feel that heavy when you wear it.

D&D has skewed the perception of armor so much. :neutral:

Allthough plate armour is made in a way to hinder movement as less as possible, it still affects your movements. Things like sprinting, jumping and turning at high speed become a "tad" more difficult.
    I do suppose youre right at some point, since you get used to the extra weight, but I cant help feeling odd seing a swadian knight run in the same way as a swadian recruit.
  10. Aghalen

Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

I would like to see different animations for different armors. An archer wearing light leather runs far more gracefully than a knight with 50 pounds of steel plate strapped onto him.

Also I would like to see limbs flying off when you hit someone with a mean claymore.

A few kids would spice up a town when youre walking around.
Back
Top Bottom