Recent content by African

1. African

Top North American Players of All Time (Fun Poll #3 Is Up)

I have two pictures of Peers. Also I was a better infantry player than like half of your list but whatevs.
    peers.jpg

5QviHmJ.jpg
  2. African

Black Shields (BkS) bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks

This is my first post here in over a year.

#vanidarorriot
    #BkS_AfricanGOAT
  3. African

Le Roux said:
    Shut up, not about GA. Don't talk **** or imply you could have beat us, doesn't lead to anything but random walls of text about "what ifs" and "maybes".
    Not worth it.

I'll give you that, my point was just that we only played you once. There's enough **** already going on here, I don't want to start down that road either. Poor choice of words on my part.
  4. African

We beat wk in the round robin stage then they beat us in the finals. The only team in the tournament we didn't beat was GA because they got stomped in the semi finals.

I must be confused though, clearly you know so much more about our clans history than we do. :roll:
  5. African

A wild African appears!

BkS has left and returned many times, and it has never been because we "can't keep up." We even came back after almost 2 years(?) of inactivity for UNAC and took second (to wk- see Rhade's previous post) well after the style of play had shifted to about where it's at today. I certainly had no idea what the competitive scene was like at the start of that, and I still pubbed more than a lot of our roster then. It took us what, 2-3 weeks to get it all sorted out? That's skill.

Rhade said:
    What we did doesn't make us "better" as people, it makes us more accomplished in this arena and better as a team. Yes, we're better Warband players and in this context, I believe our team is the best and I have some pretty compelling reasons to say so. Simple as that. And when people call the achievements we've made, the effort we've put in and the awesome things I saw us do first hand into question or attempts to diminish them, **** yeah I'm going to remind them until they can't say otherwise anymore. Because when I talk about it, it isn't some lofty opinion or subjective analysis, but when you actually remember what it was like when we were here, no one talked to us that way because everyone knew they would get rolled. Now it's like, hey I'm a random nobody but I'm going to say things that aren't true and revise history because it's convenient for me and you can't prove otherwise because you don't play anymore. **** that ****.

Pretty much this. It took how many years of
    MacKain said:
    every player who trains every week
    (lol) working so hard when we weren't even playing to get close to our level.

You bads are so butthurt that you're fixating on one thing that Rhade isn't even saying.
    MacKain said:
    warband requiring no skill.
    is a lot different than
    Rhade said:
    skill required was getting lower and lower for other people to turn in the same level of efficiency we were when we were actually doing things that required some level of risk and finesse to do.

6. African

Warband Multiplayer Videos

Orion said:
    That video got me banned from POM for over a week. :lol:
    Me too!
  7. African

Warband Multiplayer Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44o_kD6XiLc
  8. African

The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

Suarez was also the one that cost Ghana a spot in the semifinals at the 2010 world cup with a handball on the goal line.

Seriously, **** that guy. He should never be allowed to play international football again.
  9. African

I was really busy during the last world cup and was only able to see a few matches. If that's what Spain did last time I won't say they didn't deserve it, although that doesn't make it any less of a bull**** tactic.

10. African

Chile's time wasting really annoyed me. I've gotten used to the occasional dive and exaggerations, but this was pretty terrible. They were falling all over the place and staying down whether or not a foul was called. I don't remember who it was, but one guy was acting as if he would never be able to play again and had the staff come take him off in stretcher... then he immediately gets up and rejoins the game. Also the keeper doing it into stoppage time at the end of the game was frustrating.

I was hoping Spain would be able to redeem themselves, but they blew it. Chile deserved the win but they would have done it without those ridiculous tactics.
  11. African

E3 2014 - it's that time of year again

I just saw that they've finally announced GTA 5 for PC.

I never had any problems running GTA 4 but I know a lot of people did. Hopefully this one will be better optimized.
  12. African

Rainbow Six: Siege

I had to mute the trailer, I couldn't take the cheesy voice overs. Game itself looks like it could be a bit of fun. Reminds me of Rainbow Six Lockdown, which means they're only one game away from getting back to proper R6 gameplay.

But I gave up hope a long time ago on ever seeing a proper sequel to rogue spear.

13. African

Playing the Violin (also, the Random Instruments Thread)

Pharaoh Llandy said:
    French horn may be the single most difficult brass instrument to play, but you know what french horn players can't do? Jaunty 2/2 march beats. Or swing. Or have ANY sort of fun. Meanwhile, the trombone and sax players are sat on the other side of the orchestra going "HAHA, SILLY FRENCH HORN PLAYERS, YOU SO RESTRICTED IN YOUR ABILITY TO PLAY JAUNTY 2/2 RHYTHMS AND SWUNG QUAVERS, HAHA!"

So yeah, whilst I think French Horns look nice and you get major bragging points for actually being able to play one, I think I'll stick to the instruments you can actually have some fun with.

There's no point in arguing about what we personally find fun, but for me very little comes close to being as fun as performing something like this with a large symphony orchestra.

Can't play swing?

I will admit though, between violin and sax you definitely have a lot  more fun repertory covered. Stan Kenton used horns to great effect, but very few big bands use them and I was always disappointed to miss out on that stuff as a student. As far as classical music is concerned though, any position in a horn section is way more interesting than being anything but concertmaster in the violins.
Back
Top Bottom